Consultation on Draft Stadium Proposals: Are you Going?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice up here thank you B)

And if you look back I did post what was said including my one-to-one with Simon Corney. It still didn't stop some coming out with the wild conspiricy theory's from behind their keyboards though.

Great, then I look forward to your unbiased review of the proposals after tomorrow then.

Anyway, I can't see a big turn out of moaners tomorrow. Their leader has been hounded off these forums into exile... (that or forced to reinvent himself with a more cryptic "nom de plume", if you believe the conspiracy theorists around here...) and one of his main acolytes has retired/been forced to resort to "lurking"! :grin:

No I won't be going.

If there was any way this proposal could be stopped then yes I would go to put my twopenneth in, but the decision to move has been made regardless of how many fans are against it so what is the point of fans (soon to be ex fans)like me going along?

+1

Great, then I look forward to your unbiased review of the proposals after tomorrow then.

Anyway, I can't see a big turn out of moaners tomorrow. Their leader has been hounded off these forums into exile... (that or forced to reinvent himself with a more cryptic "nom de plume", if you believe the conspiracy theorists around here...) and one of his main acolytes has retired/been forced to resort to "lurking"! :grin:

Can't say I'll be un-biased, I'm dead against moving to Failsworth!

I may have got out of the wrong side of bed the other day but the point I was trying to make is that when attending such meetings in the past I have always found Alan Hardy and Simon Corney more than willing to chat to the fans and they are often quite candid. I feel that some posters on here would benefit from doing this so that instead of there being a 40 page thread of wild speculation and scaremongering they can get the facts...... but you have to accept it may not be what you want to hear, like me being told re-developing BP was not an option :disappointed:

Anyway, apologies if I offended you in anyway with my comments, I think attending this event from Seattle maybe well above and beyond the call! :grin:

worse, if it is what they want to hear they'll refuse to believe it.

:lol:

Don't talk soft.

Anyone would think that those of us who dare to criticise are part of some kind of conspiracy operating against the club. Surely only the most blinkered of simple fools would REALly think that?

Can't say I'll be un-biased, I'm dead against moving to Failsworth!

I may have got out of the wrong side of bed the other day but the point I was trying to make is that when attending such meetings in the past I have always found Alan Hardy and Simon Corney more than willing to chat to the fans and they are often quite candid. I feel that some posters on here would benefit from doing this so that instead of there being a 40 page thread of wild speculation and scaremongering they can get the facts...... but you have to accept it may not be what you want to hear, like me being told re-developing BP was not an option :disappointed:

Anyway, apologies if I offended you in anyway with my comments, I think attending this event from Seattle maybe well above and beyond the call! :grin:

Well, I'm glad you're against it (even though it's looking inevitable). I've found the ones on here in favour of the move a bit too heavy-handed in the criticism of those against it. And the "pro-movers" seem to think they are in the majority, which led me to coin the phrase the "silent majority" some time ago. I may have assumed you were in the "pro-movers" group so apologies for that.

I agree it's crucial to get the facts before making judgements but, without trying to excuse the scaremongering, people grow impatient and start to speculate etc. - typical message board behaviour I suppose! Like many who are faced with change, I think I am denial of it (even though I only get to the matches a few times a year!) and I have to accept that my dream (like yours) of a re-vamped BP is not happen going to happen. :(

I wasn't offended by your comments but thanks for the follow up. If you get chance to post what you've found out today that'd be great. 3 trips back to the UK last year (and not one home match at Xmas/NY due to the weather!) means I won't be turning up today! :lol:

Edited by martjs