My completed consultation form

Feel free to copy and paste your comments to the questions in bold, perhaps Admin could email the finished thread to the owners. Allow the exiles and those unable to attend the other night to add their constructive comments in an organised manner.

Comments

Stadium size and Capacity

About right given our current position, although ideally the corners need to be incorporated from the start. It is pleasing that there is some scope for expansion.

Stadium Shape and Appeal, eg entrance, atmosphere etc

As I say the stadium looks far more appealing with at least the two corners filled. It is a much more attractive option that the tired old dilapidated mess we currently have. Without the corners filled in it is basically a copy of many other recently built 'identikit' community stadiums. As for the atmosphere, we won't know until it is built! BUT having the stand alone end as the home end could be a shrewd move. I am particularly interested in the attempt to incorporate a taste of Oldham's heritage into the frontage, clever and distinctive if you can pull it off!

Ancillary facilities and restaurants etc

ANYTHING is better than what we currently have! A pub retsaurant on site is a must, as are bars in the ground and enough concession outlets to ensure the pie hungry failthful get their fix of a pie and a pint and providing much needed extra-revenue. Betting kiosks would also be profitable. The club needs to bring in one or two national chains for the site. Glanford Park is a prime example (if a little UNDER-Developed) A pub eatery is a must, but perhaps one or two of the national chains similar to what they have on Ashton Moss would be advisable, get the fans on the site early, keep them there after the match.

Access and Transport

Whilst I know the cost of a metrolink station is a sticking point, I think in the eyes of the locals this would be a positive move to ensure the minimum traffic disruption to the local area. Park and ride would be a useful resource too providing we can get one of the bus companies on board.

General

You as owners, have a real chance to leave the town of Oldham a lasting legacy so I ask you to build a stadium YOU can be proud of as well as us the fans and the wider community. Please do not underestimate the extra-lesiure facilities that need to be incorporated into this scheme. Consider a cinema, bowling alley, hotel - anything really, the town is crying out for this type of facility. I was at Leigh Sports Village a couple of weeks ago, and although that site is purely sporting facilities its extra community facilities are in use seven days a week, the site was buzzing and the locals are so proud of the facilities they have.

I would like to add that after several false dawns, I truly hope this plan comes to fruition, but whilst it is still in the pipeline I hope the you as owners will endeavour to make us as competitive as possible ON the pitch. After-all without a product on the pitch then none of this could be possible. It is not only a business deal Oldham Athletic Football Club ultimately lies at the heart of the project.

Given a choice I would remain at a refurbished Boundary Park, but I do understand the reasons for wanting the move. I do not necessarily agree, as my heart will always lie at Boundary Park, but I understand the need for progress. Deliver what you promise and the majority of the fanbase will come on board and the doubters may even be eventually won over.

I ask that we remain at Boundary Park until the stadium is built, many fans will not contemplate a ground share even for a short period of time, Crowds are down to 3,500 and I believe such a move would kill the club off. I want the club to ensure it pulls out all the stops ON and OFF the field to ensure we have a healthy fanbase to take to our new home.

Good luck with the rest of the consultation process and I look forward to seeing more detailed proposals at the meeting later this month.

Yours Sincerely

Mr P Prendergast

ps Is it too much to ask to request a scoreboard to be incorporated into the new stadium?

Edited by oafcprozac

Just recieved Alan's reply:-

Paul

Thanks for the email.

That is just the kind of feedback we are looking for.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to pop down on Thursday, I thought it was extremely useful and I am really excited about the plans, when fans see the full site layout, after we have completed the full consultation process, I think they will be even more excited.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

Feel free to copy and paste your comments to the questions in bold, perhaps Admin could email the finished thread to the owners. Allow the exiles and those unable to attend the other night to add their constructive comments in an organised manner.

Comments

About right given our current position, although ideally the corners need to be incorporated from the start. It is pleasing that there is some scope for expansion.

As I say the stadium looks far more appealing with at least the two corners filled. It is a much more attractive option that the tired old dilapidated mess we currently have. Without the corners filled in it is basically a copy of many other recently built 'identikit' community stadiums. As for the atmosphere, we won't know until it is built! BUT having the stand alone end as the home end could be a shrewd move. I am particularly interested in the attempt to incorporate a taste of Oldham's heritage into the frontage, clever and distinctive if you can pull it off!

ANYTHING is better than what we currently have! A pub retsaurant on site is a must, as are bars in the ground and enough concession outlets to ensure the pie hungry failthful get their fix of a pie and a pint and providing much needed extra-revenue. Betting kiosks would also be profitable. The club needs to bring in one or two national chains for the site. Glanford Park is a prime example (if a little UNDER-Developed) A pub eatery is a must, but perhaps one or two of the national chains similar to what they have on Ashton Moss would be advisable, get the fans on the site early, keep them there after the match.

Access and Transport

Whilst I know the cost of a metrolink station is a sticking point, I think in the eyes of the locals this would be a positive move to ensure the minimum traffic disruption to the local area. Park and ride would be a useful resource too providing we can get one of the bus companies on board.

General

You as owners, have a real chance to leave the town of Oldham a lasting legacy so I ask you to build a stadium YOU can be proud of as well as us the fans and the wider community. Please do not underestimate the extra-lesiure facilities that need to be incorporated into this scheme. Consider a cinema, bowling alley, hotel - anything really, the town is crying out for this type of facility. I was at Leigh Sports Village a couple of weeks ago, and although that site is purely sporting facilities its extra community facilities are in use seven days a week, the site was buzzing and the locals are so proud of the facilities they have.

I would like to add that after several false dawns, I truly hope this plan comes to fruition, but whilst it is still in the pipeline I hope the you as owners will endeavour to make us as competitive as possible ON the pitch. After-all without a product on the pitch then none of this could be possible. It is not only a business deal Oldham Athletic Football Club ultimately lies at the heart of the project.

Given a choice I would remain at a refurbished Boundary Park, but I do understand the reasons for wanting the move. I do not necessarily agree, as my heart will always lie at Boundary Park, but I understand the need for progress. Deliver what you promise and the majority of the fanbase will come on board and the doubters may even be eventually won over.

I ask that we remain at Boundary Park until the stadium is built, many fans will not contemplate a ground share even for a short period of time, Crowds are down to 3,500 and I believe such a move would kill the club off. I want the club to ensure it pulls out all the stops ON and OFF the field to ensure we have a healthy fanbase to take to our new home.

Good luck with the rest of the consultation process and I look forward to seeing more detailed proposals at the meeting later this month.

Yours Sincerely

Mr P Prendergast

ps Is it too much to ask to request a scoreboard to be incorporated into the new stadium?

Excellent comments - nice one Mr P. :grin:

Just recieved Alan's reply:-

Paul

Thanks for the email.

That is just the kind of feedback we are looking for.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to pop down on Thursday, I thought it was extremely useful and I am really excited about the plans, when fans see the full site layout, after we have completed the full consultation process, I think they will be even more excited.

Regards

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

I am becoming very excited myself

Cracking post aswell prozac.........sums up my feelings perfectly

the boys hanging on at prenton park as well............the positivity is gaining momentum.......

As I said on another thread.

Nothing is set in stone (or red brick) at the moment. The drawings and artist’s impressions were shown to get feedback from fans. The Club is asking fans to submit their comments/suggestions/problems/questions. The more fans who respond, the better the indication of what is liked/disliked/wanted/unwanted by the majority.

Email the Club: enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk but do it SOON before the final round of consultations takes place with an open meeting at the Lancaster Club on 25th February, where the proposed final masterplan is to be displayed.

There will still be more consultation before the planning application is submitted to the Council, but the Club wants to know everyone's views before preparing that proposed final masterplan.

Has everyone taken the opportunity to submit their comments to the Club to make the consultation exercise more meaningful?

Comments invited on:

Access and Transport

General

Send ASAP to enquiries@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Paul.

I thought your submission was excellent and well presented.

I share your views very much about a scoreboard because I also think that it helps marketing etc. Also the fans, certainly the kids always liked the birthday announcements which made money

It is a very expensive item and I will need to explore what is happening. Perhaps we should re-ignite the fund raising to help with the project.

Barry

Comments

Access and Transport

General

Yours Sincerely

Mr P Prendergast

Faced with a situation where I no longer enjoy the experieces of visiting Boundaty Park (ground, team perfomance, social engagement etc.) I'm upbeat about the plans also. The alternative to Failsworth is dire. I can't help but ask myself how did those in charge allow it to get this bad.

Faced with a situation where I no longer enjoy the experieces of visiting Boundaty Park (ground, team perfomance, social engagement etc.) I'm upbeat about the plans also. The alternative to Failsworth is dire. I can't help but ask myself how did those in charge allow it to get this bad.

When you say “people in charge” who do you mean?

Fifa????

Uefa???

FA????

Premier League?????

Sky????

Football League????

The players????

The PFA????

Agents????

The council????

Ian Stott?????

JW Lees????

Chris Moore????

Peter Risdale????

That dodgy Norwegion Outfit????

Or TTA????

Out of them lot, I think TTA have done pretty good myself.

Paul.

I thought your submission was excellent and well presented.

I share your views very much about a scoreboard because I also think that it helps marketing etc. Also the fans, certainly the kids always liked the birthday announcements which made money

It is a very expensive item and I will need to explore what is happening. Perhaps we should re-ignite the fund raising to help with the project.

Barry.....

i thought the funds were already in place after our fund raising activities a while back and that a scoreboard was already a done deal from another club.

or was we being misled over something yet again????

wasnt the fund raising supposed to be 35k to provide the steel framework for the scoreboard????

Edited by edhunteruk