Dave Penney & Martin Gray "professionalism"

Now i know it aint the law or anything but surely after a midweek performance like that in our dire state of affairs, if you was responsible for that performance served up in the second half, you would at least show your face and your appreication to the travelling fans that made one heck of an effort to be there to support.

Some fans spent the best part of £100 to give the lads and manager support last night, only to witness, and endure another second half gutless lacklustre passionless second half performance, while enduring taunts from the opposition fans next to us.

Now thats fair enough, its the risk we take, and its football, but surely as the leader of the club, and responsible party you'd walk over and show some acknowledgement, just like Gray did on Saturday after we'd won, they more than lapped it all up then.

But both of them literally walked straight down the tunnel with not one hint of acknowledgement, after serving up that rubbish again.

If his bizaree tactics, of not going for it at half time & putting Smalley up front weren't enough then this act at the full time whistle, just about summed it up.

It just stank of disrespect in my eyes, some of you may well think "why should they", but if you managed something like a restaurant and had loads of people help you out, you'd thank them, either that are they would think you are an arrogant disrespectful fool. If you gave them something to enjoy such as a free meal again if would go some way to compensating it and it might be understandable.

I just don't see why they can have a "huddle" and hang around after the full time whistle once we've won, but when we lose, they literally bog off within seconds, surely it should be the other way round.

Not to mention how crap the performance in the second half was.

I don't expect to be applauded by the management for watching Latics.

It's meaningless whether they do it or don't. But I used to enjoy Dowie's clenched fist uppercut-style salute. :)

Fair enough Diego thats your opinion, but after spending around £80, then being treated to that pathetic effort, that they are responsible for, you'd think they'd show some sort of acknowledgement.

Now i know it aint the law or anything but surely after a midweek performance like that in our dire state of affairs, if you was responsible for that performance served up in the second half, you would at least show your face and your appreication to the travelling fans that made one heck of an effort to be there to support.

Some fans spent the best part of £100 to give the lads and manager support last night, only to witness, and endure another second half gutless lacklustre passionless second half performance, while enduring taunts from the opposition fans next to us.

Now thats fair enough, its the risk we take, and its football, but surely as the leader of the club, and responsible party you'd walk over and show some acknowledgement, just like Gray did on Saturday after we'd won, they more than lapped it all up then.

But both of them literally walked straight down the tunnel with not one hint of acknowledgement, after serving up that rubbish again.

If his bizaree tactics, of not going for it at half time & putting Smalley up front weren't enough then this act at the full time whistle, just about summed it up.

The taunts amounted to:

'Going down, going down, going down' (Standard response from the Oldham 'so are we, so are we, so are we)

'You must have come in a taxi' (yawn - stretch limo perhaps)

You're the s*!t of Manchester (Response from one fan 'You're just a small town in Oxfordshire' - particularly clever if he meant the Oxford bit)

etc.

It actually addded to the atmosphere but did get a little tedious due to a lack of originality or imagination. :angry:

Edited by TheBigDog

The taunts amounted to:

'Going down, going down, going down' (Standard response from the Oldham 'so are we, so are we, so are we)

'You must have come in a taxi' (yawn - stretch limo perhaps)

You're the s*!t of Manchester (Response from one fan 'You're just a small town in Oxfordshire' - particularly clever if he meant the Oxford bit)

etc.

It actually addded to the atmosphere but did get a little tedious due to a lack of originality or imagination. :angry:

So what if the taunts amounted to it chanting going down or throwing bottles .... its just as tedious, nothing worse than sitting there listening to some football fan shove in your face that your 4-0 down, no matter what you do or chant back, they've know they've won the war on the pitch.

So what if the taunts amounted to it chanting going down or throwing bottles .... its just as tedious, nothing worse than sitting there listening to some football fan shove in your face that your 4-0 down, no matter what you do or chant back, they've know they've won the war on the pitch.

Do you save red smarties?

It just stank of disrespect in my eyes, some of you may well think "why should they", but if you managed something like a restaurant and had loads of people help you out, you'd thank them, either that are they would think you are an arrogant disrespectful fool. If you gave them something to enjoy such as a free meal again if would go some way to compensating it and it might be understandable.

I just don't see why they can have a "huddle" and hang around after the full time whistle once we've won, but when we lose, they literally bog off within seconds, surely it should be the other way round.

Not to mention how crap the performance in the second half was.

Maybe Dave Penney was pretty hacked off, nearly as much as you were?

I kind of agree with Pizza on this one. There is no harm in the manager showing some thanks/respect to the travelling support, so why doesnt he? Only reason i can think of is that he's fed up with people calling for his head so he doesnt think they deserve it.

I kind of agree with Pizza on this one. There is no harm in the manager showing some thanks/respect to the travelling support, so why doesnt he? Only reason i can think of is that he's fed up with people calling for his head so he doesnt think they deserve it.

Just think its the least he should be doing, made me feel like why the do i bother, and about people calling for his head, apart from that faint chant at Tranmere, no serious head calling has been documented at matches ....

I agree. Yes, it's not required/blah blah blah etc.. But it's good to get some acknowledgement of the effort a lot of fans would have put in to get there on a midweek match in Swindon.

Also, maybe some people on here need to argue with the point not the poster.

Never understood the need for managers to clap the fans after a defeat.

"I don't know how they have the gall to come over to fans "applauding" after serving up displays of the worst football seen since xx/xx/xx" ect etc cet

Man up.