Post Game Thread: Colchester United

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-0 isn't a bad result.

I reckon if we can get the same at Elland Road on a Tuesday night wouldn't be bad either then all hands on deck at home next Saturday and try for a point.

leeds drew at home to brighton in the last minute and it soulnds like we were very unlucky and their keeper played very well. i think we can definately get a win at leeds if we play as well as the official website said again

Edited by oafc-latics

leeds drew at home to brighton in the last minute and it soulnds like we were very unlucky and their keeper played very well. i think we can definately get a win at leeds if we play as well as the official website said again

Can you really see use going to Elland Road on a Tuesday night, with the likes of Smalley, Colbeck, Jason Price and inexperienced players like Furman and Stephens going up against Robert Snodgrass, Jermaine Beckford, Neil Kilkenny, Luciano Becchio, Max Gradel, Gary Mcsheffrey, Bradley Johnson and getting anything but an arse whooping?

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Can you really see use going to Elland Road on a Tuesday night, with the likes of Smalley, Colbeck, Jason Price and inexperienced players like Furman and Stephens going up against Robert Snodgrass, Jermaine Beckford, Neil Kilkenny, Luciano Becchio, Max Gradel, Gary Mcsheffrey, Bradley Johnson and getting anything but an arse whooping?

Well did you expect leeds to get anything with their players coming up against the likes of rooney berbatov giggs scholes neville evans//

Nope! However, I'll remind you of that comment when we win on Tuesday :)

im sure you know the game of football better than that :wink:

or do you?

i think we can given our record at ER and their recent stutter

yes i can.

Walsall managed it. It is 11 v 11. Cant stand this 'fear' of leeds. They and their players are in this league for a reason. We are doing nothing wrong bar sticking the ball in the net. That was our problem without abbott vs them in the cup, if he'd been playing we would have beaten them then.

Beckford has had about 2 shots in 3 seasons vs gregan, done f**k all.

Get in their faces, they are a bunch of bottlers, the pressure is on them to win and not lose 2nd spot.

I predict at least a point for us, with a bit of LUCK all 3.

Best time to play them.

They will be in the playoffs come may and screw up again, mark my words.

KTF

Edited by shefflatic

did you expect the same with Walsall mid week just after we beat them (and they were poor)?????? Did you expect Brighton to get anything today?????

There is always a chance and Leeds are on a bad run whilst we have picked it up last couple of games.

Sorry just read my last sentence...........we'll lose!!!!!! :wink:

Leeds have a degree of quality to their team, even in comparison to the worse Man Utd side in donkeys of years.

Our only hope is basically Abbott or Taylor scoring and then somehow shutting them out. Gregan and Rubes usually do a decent job with Beckford and Becchio but our fullbacks and midfield just won't cope with their quality.

did you expect the same with Walsall mid week just after we beat them (and they were poor)?????? Did you expect Brighton to get anything today?????

There is always a chance and Leeds are on a bad run whilst we have picked it up last couple of games.

Sorry just read my last sentence...........we'll lose!!!!!! :wink:

Brighton aren't a bad team they've got more quality in their team than us. Walsall was a shock, and Leeds, they've had their upset now...Grayson's a good manager he won't let them slip to another home loss against such a lesser team. And we're a perfect team for Leeds to get back on track, goal shy, a bit lightweight, not gonna 'cause them too many problems bar Abbott, the sort of team they can play football around. Its a good match for Leeds after their shakey form. Goal difference could be a factor come the end of the season, I hope Penney brings out one of his defensive master classes.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

1-0 isn't a bad result.

I reckon if we can get the same at Elland Road on a Tuesday night wouldn't be bad either then all hands on deck at home next Saturday and try for a point.

What?? Of course it's a bad result. It's a defeat. Now call me old fashioned, but I've always looked upon getting beaten as a negative result.

The performance on the other hand (purely going off the LW commentary) seemed to be quite promising.

I'm still pissed off though; the cat has still been kicked and I'm still randomly growling...

Edited by Snookmeister

I predicted one nil. At least it wasn't a battering, and if the lads feel they deserved something out of it maybe they'll take that into Tuesday's game.

We could have done without Gillingham, Stockport, Tranmere and Wycombe all winning, mind. :blink:

Stockport winning was a good thing - because Exeter lost :wink:

Brighton aren't a bad team they've got more quality in their team than us. Walsall was a shock, and Leeds, they've had their upset now...Grayson's a good manager he won't let them slip to another home loss against such a lesser team. And we're a perfect team for Leeds to get back on track, goal shy, a bit lightweight, not gonna 'cause them too many problems bar Abbott, the sort of team they can play football around. Its a good match for Leeds after their shakey form. Goal difference could be a factor come the end of the season, I hope Penney brings out one of his defensive master classes.

Just to clarify, are you saying we have no chance of picking up one or three points from elland road on Tuesday night?

Edited by laticsmad

So you think the only thing we will get is an arse whooping? Just to clarify, what does that mean 2, 3, 4 goals to zero?

It sounded like we really deserved a point today but its the old clichey of the luck going against you st the bottom and the post and mud stopped us today. Happy with what sounded like a good performance though

I said it before and I say it again....

If you cannot score goals you lose games 1-0 even if you do not deserve to