I'm Lovin It Delivered?

New delivery service which opened up recently, they deliver food around Oldham from McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Subway, Armstrongs etc, obviously for a charge, and they claim they'll even stop by off licenses and pick up anything you need from there (for a further charge). My sister has recommended them to me....and they have a large Facebook following with people who've seemingly vouched for their reliability.

But then there's this:

http://www.imlovinitdelivered.co.uk/

Their website is truly horrendous....it looks like it was made by a 5 year old in Wordpad or something, there's spelling mistakes and it's just terribly designed (or not designed at all!). That's the sort of thing which puts me right off......but has anyone on here had any experience with them? It's a pretty decent idea, if they put some effort into making themselves look more professional, with a functional and appealing website I reckon it could take off. I was gonna order something tonight, but, nah.....I'm sceptical about the whole thing.

New delivery service which opened up recently, they deliver food around Oldham from McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Subway, Armstrongs etc, obviously for a charge, and they claim they'll even stop by off licenses and pick up anything you need from there (for a further charge). My sister has recommended them to me....and they have a large Facebook following with people who've seemingly vouched for their reliability.

But then there's this:

Their website is truly horrendous....it looks like it was made by a 5 year old in Wordpad or something, there's spelling mistakes and it's just terribly designed (or not designed at all!). That's the sort of thing which puts me right off......but has anyone on here had any experience with them? It's a pretty decent idea, if they put some effort into making themselves look more professional, with a functional and appealing website I reckon it could take off. I was gonna order something tonight, but, nah.....I'm sceptical about the whole thing.

Why the F would you want someone to deliver you a McDonalds? A lukewarm rat burger which you had to pay a little extra for so you can smear it over your face without leaving the sofa.

It might be a good business idea but most the food (other than Pizza hut) is food that you’d only ever eat on the go.

Guest FyldeBlue

But then there's this:

Typical of today =

Just a matter of time before someone offers an "eat your takeaway for you".......whatever next ?... one reason why the country is in a state, too bloody lazy to do anything anymore.

Typical of today =

Just a matter of time before someone offers an "eat your takeaway for you".......whatever next ?... one reason why the country is in a state, too bloody lazy to do anything anymore.

Was going to type some long winded reply on why people are lazy, but can't be arsed.

There was a beer delivery service in Liverpool when I was a student there (probably still is). You had to order 20 cans minimum but they'd bring anything the discerning party-goer might need for an evening's entertainment. Class.

Yeah it's still there. Possibly not the most responsible business in the world. If it's 4am and you've drunk all the alcohol in the house,you need to go to bed, not have more delivered.

Hmm. McDonalds or a proper Indian/Chinese takeaway. No contest, especially when the latter delivers for free.

Yeh - 9 times out 10 lad. But how many times have you thought 'I want some food delivered but can't be arsed with an Indian, Pizza or Chinese again'....I know I've thought it many times.

It's good to have a couple more options.

Was going to type some long winded reply on why people are lazy, but can't be arsed.

:lol:

Seriously though, when it gets to the point that you're too :censored: lazy to go to a McD drivethru you really need to reassess your life.

(And don't give me the alcohol thing - who the :censored: wants a McD when they're pished? Stoned maybe... :unsure: )

There was a beer delivery service in Liverpool when I was a student there (probably still is). You had to order 20 cans minimum but they'd bring anything the discerning party-goer might need for an evening's entertainment. Class.

I've heard about that bad boy but it may be because of the bit in bold. TBH I think that will work in quite a few places where people are known to have house parties and the like (anywhere with a good number of students). When does the McDonalds shut in Oldham as I know a few where they are open 24h over the weekend? There is no point in ringing up someone to bring you something if everywhere that sells it is shut because most sensible people are asleep.

Hmm. McDonalds or a proper Indian/Chinese takeaway. No contest, especially when the latter delivers for free.

Apart from the delivery charge, there's no difference between any of them! People need to wake up. Whatever happened to trying to burn your house down whilst frying up what your dog wouldn't eat at 5.00am covered in any sauce you can find?