Four Lions

Ackey

Have you seen the trailor? It looks fantastic, "Because she's got a beard...." Seen a few previews and either the journalists were trying to appear to be too clever or it went over their heads but they weren't the most complimentary. Having said that Morris could just read his shopping list out and I'd think it was a work of genius.

Full trailer is now online:

<br><a href="http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/four-lions-trailer/2trpus57?fg=sharenoembed" target="_new" title="Four Lions - Trailer" rel="external nofollow">Video: Four Lions - Trailer</a>

Can not wait for May 7th! This is going to be excellent.

Can't wait too for the Daily Mail and hard of thinking outrage.

I think I'd be more worried about the islamist fundamentals who declare a fatwa on the makers for what amounts to having a sick sense of humour

It does look brill though

Can not wait for May 7th! This is going to be excellent.

Can't wait too for the Daily Mail and hard of thinking outrage.

Hahahahaa..yeah....

In terms of poking fun at a genre that has long been regarded as unpokable, this film is exactly what we've been waiting for!

I think I'd be more worried about the islamist fundamentals who declare a fatwa on the makers for what amounts to having a sick sense of humour

It does look brill though

I don't think they will make any complaints "That's not what proper terrorists are like! I spent 7 months at a training camp on the Pakistani border and it wasn't like that at all!" Or "You can't fit that much semtex in to a Teenage Mutant Turtle outfit!" Both of these would surely just result in "You're nicked sunshine!"

Morris has spent a long time with the Islamic community in preparation for the film, I think he might have closed off a few of the issues.

• 1 month later...

Out on Friday. Already kicking up a stink in the press, but thankfully it's being subdued by the coverage of the Election which hopefully means that it will be given chance to stand and be judged on merit and not just sensationalist red-top gibberish.

Can't wait!

Out on Friday. Already kicking up a stink in the press, but thankfully it's being subdued by the coverage of the Election which hopefully means that it will be given chance to stand and be judged on merit and not just sensationalist red-top gibberish.

Can't wait!

You and me both! Was looking for listings as to where it is on but can't find any yet.

It is better than I thought it could be! Very funny and pretty layered.
Yeah i thought that. A lot funnier than i thought it would be, given the subject,but it didn't shy away from the tragic side of it, which was pretty brave. Chris Morris is still king of the one-liners - "f*ck mini Babybels!" :grin:

Yeah i thought that. A lot funnier than i thought it would be, given the subject,but it didn't shy away from the tragic side of it, which was pretty brave. Chris Morris is still king of the one-liners - "f*ck mini Babybels!" :grin:

That got me a dig in the ribs from the wife for laughing too loudly, really caught me unawares did that. Chuckling about it now you've reminded me.

Also just remembered - Barry's tests! :grin: :grin: