Duxbury highlights his strengths

An interesting little interview from Lee Duxbury.

Duxbury Interview.

I think it tells quite a lot into the real reasons why the Hungarians went home and showcases Duxbury's no-nonsense attitude towards the players and their commitment. It certainly won't harm his credentials as a possible replacement should Penney be shown the door.

Apologies if this has already been linked to this board.

An interesting little interview from Lee Duxbury.

Duxbury Interview.

I think it tells quite a lot into the real reasons why the Hungarians went home and showcases Duxbury's no-nonsense attitude towards the players and their commitment. It certainly won't harm his credentials as a possible replacement should Penney be shown the door.

Apologies if this has already been linked to this board.

Interesting - maybe an early play for the job if... he certainly talks a tough game :blush:

How long has Dux been doing the job? What are the reserves results been like whilst he has been in charge? Though results are only part of it for the reserve team mananger - he should also be judged on his ability to get out of form players back in form, young players up to the first team standards etc.

I am a supporter of keeping the current manager and giving him time, but if the club did get rid then Duxbury might not be the worst appointment.

He's certainly gone up in my estimation after that article. Never really hear from Dux but it was great to hear his thoughts.

Dux had a great first season winning everything with the reserves playing some fantastic football bringing the best out of Allesandra, Wolfenden, Higginbotham, Black and a few others.

Next season was a nightmare as injuries took their tole, don't think we won many?

Last season we didn't have a reserve team!

He's a good coach, would he be a good manager as well?

I think if that was to happen t he club would definitely have to fork out for a decent number 2 with a good list of contacts.

A director of football perhaps on the lines of Lennie Lawrence? Sounds good to me.

Penney you are so sacked!

I think if that was to happen t he club would definitely have to fork out for a decent number 2 with a good list of contacts.

Dux is one of the most charismatic people you will ever meet; I don't think he'd find it difficult to attract players to the club.