yessssssss 1-0

I just can't see us getting a goal back. Very worrying.

Obviously I don't know how we're playing, but if we lose this one, then the calls for his head will start all over again...and Tuesday's excellent display will be all but forgotten. There really is no excuse for putting in a poor shift today.

I just don't understand the tactics. Take off a striker (?) ahem, Parker, and replace him with a midfielder (Furman) when 2-1 down, put Whits on the wing when Eaves comes on for Smalley so we don't get crosses in. Now Millar on for Jacobson - how much more disjointed can we get? Is it me?

Edited by Bristolatic

I don't want a constant in/out of team management and we would gain nothing from changing right now - but I fear the pressure being put on from a large amount of fans may now force the hand of Corney. There will be no added value or benefit from changing the manager, however desperate we are. We must resist the temptation.

Price scores for Carlisle, lol.

Infuriating, as we never seem to benefit from the 'debut goal' effect.

I just don't understand the tactics. Take off a striker (?) ahem, Parker, and replace him with a midfielder (Furman) when 2-1 down, put Whits on the wing when Eaves comes on for Smalley so we don't get crosses in. Now Millar on for Jacobson - how much more disjointed can we get? Is it me?

Puzzling and what thread of consistency we had, starts to unravel again.

I don't want a constant in/out of team management and we would gain nothing from changing right now - but I fear the pressure being put on from a large amount of fans may now force the hand of Corney. There will be no added value or benefit from changing the manager, however desperate we are. We must resist the temptation.

Agreed. With only a dozen games left, a change of manager will not do anything for us. Having said that, I'm no fan of Penney's tactics. He can make all the excuses he likes, trotting out the same old comments at each press conference, but the simple truth is that he and the players are not doing their jobs. All things considered, if he can't do the business with what he's got, what hope do we have for next season assuming he's still here and we manage to stay up.

The heart says "Go now DP", but the head overrules it to try and maintain some stability - we can't have another merry-go-round of players and manager.