new striker or not ?

are we going to get a new striker in this week then..or is dynamite dave gonna stick with playing midfielders n wingers up top with abbott hoping that we do the buisness

there may well be a reluctance on all partys concerned with what,10 games left....

also,only having seen nardiello the once,do we think the club may attempt to sign him in the summer...obviously surplus at lashers

are we going to get a new striker in this week then..or is dynamite dave gonna stick with playing midfielders n wingers up top with abbott hoping that we do the buisness

there may well be a reluctance on all partys concerned with what,10 games left....

also,only having seen nardiello the once,do we think the club may attempt to sign him in the summer...obviously surplus at lashers

Do we need a new striker? - yesyesyes

Are we going to get one? - probablynotIreckon

Do we want to sign Nardiello in the summer? - notooinjuryprone :shock:

A striker would be nice but I now think we'll stay up with or without one.

Unfortanaely for Dave Penney, given that we sacked our last manager for failing to turn promotion pushes into promotion one can only imagine that, given Penney has had equal resources, his tenure can only be considered a disaster, particularly when you consider the losses in terms of gate reciepts and failure to win a cup match.

Let's see if he can build next year on what will, presumably, be a lower budget in accordance with this years revenue. Sounds ominous to me....

A striker would be nice but I now think we'll stay up with or without one.

Unfortanaely for Dave Penney, given that we sacked our last manager for failing to turn promotion pushes into promotion one can only imagine that, given Penney has had equal resources, his tenure can only be considered a disaster, particularly when you consider the losses in terms of gate reciepts and failure to win a cup match.

Let's see if he can build next year on what will, presumably, be a lower budget in accordance with this years revenue. Sounds ominous to me....

thats my fear as well...his reluctance to get a striker in when pav got injured summed him up for me...he knows very little about his players abilitys even though he spends so much time with them.

i seriously doubt we will get rid of him in the summer....so i like you think its more mediocre players and performances for next season....

Who can we realistically turn to? Whoever we bring in is gonna be someone who goes from club to club and not scoring many. It's too late in the season for all that. We've gotta go with what we've got, I think.

I'll defend Penney; I don't think he's had equal resources. The owners went for promotion when they made the deicison to bring in Lee Hughes. They backed Sheridan. We didn't perform well last season, but because we could put the ball in the net, all was nice and dandy. The same would probably have happened this year if we had a goalscorer.

Who can we realistically turn to? Whoever we bring in is gonna be someone who goes from club to club and not scoring many. It's too late in the season for all that. We've gotta go with what we've got, I think.

I'll defend Penney; I don't think he's had equal resources. The owners went for promotion when they made the deicison to bring in Lee Hughes. They backed Sheridan. We didn't perform well last season, but because we could put the ball in the net, all was nice and dandy. The same would probably have happened this year if we had a goalscorer.

He's had more!!!!

Sheridan had to make due with free's and loans last season.

Two directors have confirmed on this board, and in the MEN, that Penney has had the same wage budget as Sheridan did.

And Penney has also spent approximately 110k on transfer fee's for players too (about 50k for furman and 60k for colbeck)

Please correct me if im wrong but the only player we actually paid fee's for in Shez's reign was Dale Stephens and Craig Davies (and they were over two seasons)

He's had more!!!!

Two directors have confirmed on this board, and in the MEN, that Penney has had the same wage budget as Sheridan did.

And Penney has also spent approximately 110k on transfer fee's for players too (about 50k for furman and 60k for colbeck)

Please correct me if im wrong but the only player we actually paid fee's for in Shez's reign was Dale Stephens and Craig Davies (and they were over two seasons)

COG

He's had more!!!!

COG, and I seem to remember Allott costing something too...

But not arguing about anything else...

If we go with what we've got then i fear for us, it's been shown all season that we're lacking goalscorers and playing people out of position upfront will never solve this.

Also the football on offer this season has been dire to the extent that long-standing fans have deserted in their droves.

Penney has had some money to spend but has squandered it on poor choices.

I think it's probably too late to change the manager now but if we do escape relegation then IMO we need to show him the door as i can only see more of the same next season due to his ultra negative tactics and total lack of rapport with the fans.

The loan transfers finish in about 2 weeks or so.

reckon they will wait and see how the next few games turn out an if we pick up points and look safe then they wont get anybody.

Long term Penney is a disaster,reckon S/T sales will prummet in the summer and TTA will be left with no choice but to get rid of him.After 40 + years as a S/T holder i wont be renewing under Penney even if we stay in league one.

Entertainment value has been Nil.

Worst manager since Les Mcdowell ??

The loan transfers finish in about 2 weeks or so.

reckon they will wait and see how the next few games turn out an if we pick up points and look safe then they wont get anybody.

Long term Penney is a disaster,reckon S/T sales will prummet in the summer and TTA will be left with no choice but to get rid of him.After 40 + years as a S/T holder i wont be renewing under Penney even if we stay in league one.

Entertainment value has been Nil.

Worst manager since Les Mcdowell ??

Sharpe?

In defense of Penney though, I don't think any manager has had to face chants as vicious as "you s**t yorkshire bastard, get out of our club".

Which managers since we were relegated from the premier league have the supporters gone as far as calling for their heads? Yes we have had managers who were unpopular with the support we had, but the only one I remember large sections of the crowd chanting for his head was Sharpe, and possibly Talbot?

In defense of Penney though, I don't think any manager has had to face chants as vicious as "you s**t yorkshire bastard, get out of our club".

Which managers since we were relegated from the premier league have the supporters gone as far as calling for their heads? Yes we have had managers who were unpopular with the support we had, but the only one I remember large sections of the crowd chanting for his head was Sharpe, and possibly Talbot?

every season the choir call for someones head,maybe not on a platter but i think every season since talbot we have heard we want(insert name here) out....

this season its changed a little and we also have thats why were going down every time we miss a goal

So 2007/2008: Allott (about 30k if I remember) Davies (50k)

2008/2009: COG (50k) Stephens (initial 30k payment, have to pay 10k when he reaches 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances)

So I think Penney has still had about 20k more overall

Not to mention us making a profit out of Sheridan's signings, even though they failed at BP!!

Allott was a bargain and Stephens is now beginning to justify his fee, and save DP face.

and in defense of Sharpe, to be fair, he was basically told to get rid of the big earners and cut the wage bill down, and the season he went (1996/1997) he was given little to no backing. We signed one player pre season (John Morrow) on a free from Rangers.

We lost Gunnar Halle to Leeds (who wasnt replaced), Paul Gerrard to Everton (whom wasnt initially replaced but the clubs hand was forced when Jon Hallworth got injured), and I think we signed Shaun Garnett and Doug Hodgson.

We only really splashed a bit of cash once Sharpe went when Warnock brought in Dux (think the fee was around 400k), and I believe we also signed Matty Rush and Paul Reid, but by then we were well and trulydown.

Not to mention us making a profit out of Sheridan's signings, even though they failed at BP!!

Allott was a bargain and Stephens is now beginning to justify his fee, and save DP face.

But it was only as a needs must that Dale Stephens found himself in the side. DP hadn't been waiting patiently for an appropriate time to unleash him - he wasn't going to get a look in if Worthington hadn't got crocked and Holdsworth & Purdie weren't already long term injured.

Dale has done comparatively well in his appearances to date; but I for one doubt he would have been in the managers thoughts had it not been for the injury situation. He's saving his face by fortune not design.

Edited by slystallone