Penny slams fringe players

See fishul: http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...-fringe-players

So that's Parker & Whittaker I guess?

Neither will start on Tuesday - but will he be bold and pick Eaves and Millar from the start? Probably not.

One of them obviously is Parker, who was appalling and dis-interested....AGAIN!!!

Didn't think Whittaker played too badly though, certainly no worse than 5 or 6 of those around him...

Having been at the game on saturday here is my judgement on how the players faired :-

Brill - USELESS

Jacobson - POOR

Hazell - GOOD

Gregan - GOOD

Whittaker - POOR

Taylor - DIRE

Lee - POOR

Stephens - OK

Smalley - USELESS

Abbott - POOR

Parker - USELESS

SUBS

Furman - OK

Eaves - GOOD

Millar - AWESOME

Time penney and his crew left, it's obvious they won't perform for him, but at least perform for the loyal fans, a good clear out is needed at the end of this season.

By chaddyender @ 15/03/2010 13:54:38

that bad then?

that bad then?

what has he got to gain or lose by naming names???

parker has been a disgrace from signing fullstop..everybody knows about casper....so who else.....

if these young kids show as much spirit as has been reported then why not give them a chance....the young stiker looks a handfull and should be full of running and wanting to impress

Whittaker wasn't bad on Saturday, first half, by his standards. He was ok against Orient too.

Parker yes, Brill yes, but I was generally more disappointed with younger players such as Taylor, Furman and Jacobson than the experienced lot.

More slightly perculiar comments from DP - media savy my arse. :lol:

Thought that was a tad harsh on Kieron Lee too, it was his free kick that lead to our first, and he put in some good balls throughout the game.

he speaks harshly of any player he didnt bring in....those he has brought in he hides his contempt in articles like this....people would think more of him if he came out and said who they are and if they dont shape up they ship out

Having been at the game on saturday here is my judgement on how the players faired :-

Brill - USELESS

Jacobson - POOR

Hazell - GOOD

Gregan - GOOD

Whittaker - POOR

Taylor - DIRE

Lee - POOR

Stephens - OK

Smalley - USELESS

Abbott - POOR

Parker - USELESS

SUBS

Furman - OK

Eaves - GOOD

Millar - AWESOME

Time penney and his crew left, it's obvious they won't perform for him, but at least perform for the loyal fans, a good clear out is needed at the end of this season.

By chaddyender @ 15/03/2010 13:54:38

that bad then?

Nowhere near that bad imho.

Brill - one shocking mistake - but useless?

Taylor - played well until he crashed into the barrier - poor thereafter

Lee - steady game - no way was he poor

Jacobson - again I thought he had a steady game - just wish he was encouraged by DP to attack more.

Abbott - never stopped trying and it was his effort that won the penalty - again I would not rate him as poor

The rest pretty much as described -apart from Millar - came on and ran around a bit - not afraid to have a go at the defender but was hardly awesome.

But then it's all about opinions I suppose. :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

Jacobson - again I thought he had a steady game - just wish he was encouraged by DP to attack more.

I agree that he should get forward more but I think taylor is stopping him form doing this. If Jacobson goes forward there is no way he can know in all honesty that Taylor will drop back and cover him, if anything Taylor is drifting more and more into the middle at the moment, which on occasions is leaving Jacobson exposed when the oppo have the ball.

But there are times when Taylor has the ball and Im wishing Jacobson would run past him but doesnt seem willing.

Penney also felt that, in the context of a recent draw at Exeter and a home win over Leyton Orient, the Wycombe result was not too bad.

“It is disappointing not to win but you look at the other side of the coin,” he added. “We haven’t been beaten in three and we have taken five points out of nine.

:petesake:

WHAT A JOKE !

If Penney is happy with 2 draws and a win against them then he truly is deluded,

I really want to go to Stockport tomorrow but he is doing his very best to put me off!

Edited by razza699

Penney also felt that, in the context of a recent draw at Exeter and a home win over Leyton Orient, the Wycombe result was not too bad.

“It is disappointing not to win but you look at the other side of the coin,” he added. “We haven’t been beaten in three and we have taken five points out of nine.

:petesake:

WHAT A JOKE !

If Penney is happy with 2 draws and a win against them then he truly is deluded,

I really want to go to Stockport tomorrow but he is doing his very best to put me off!

For me it was his comment prior to the Exeter home game in December which settled my mind that he was a useless 'See You Next Tuesday'. Despite our precarious position he stated the game was not a "must win". For me that was despicable as we should be trying to win every game. That kind of talk, irrespective of what he meant (before the pro-Penney brigade start defending the useless tosser) was the final straw for me.

Yes we have taken 5 from 9, we should have tried to take 9 from 9 against the opposition in question. And 2 penalties (1 saved 1 scored) meant we narrowly avoided taking just 3 from 9 and losing to 2 relegation sides!

I'm glad I couldn't make the original Stockport game and won't be attending tomorrow night, and I refuse to waste my money watching the side away whilst this idiot is in charge.

who are the fringe players? With so many bloomin injuries every body is a first teamer. I thought Whits played half decent, keigan should really play behind the front two, let him chase down lost causes. Lee has done very well, there is no way he is a rb, but needs must in that position. Smalley n Tayls isnt given the freedom they need to create and that what is killing the team. Last yr they were best in class this yr not even close!

First time he's spoken like that, and fair play to him. He's needed to have a dig at some players for months but has chose to remain very positive in front of the cameras.

He needs to put a few of them in their place.

I think a lot of the comments in this thread tell us that Penney can't win whatever he does.

While I'm a believer in positive talk and encouragement to get the best out of people, there are only so many times you can do that sort of thing before accepting somebody is :censored: and not up to the job.

Good post.