Stockport Post Game Thread

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Penney's proving the haters wrong.

Like the most fickle of football fans, I’ve changed my mind about getting rid of Dave Penney.

I'm actually starting to see a few positives in Penney's work here. While Latics teams under say Sheridan would go and get a result at places like Elland Road, the same side would then more than likely go and lose a game like tonight’s. We seem to be picking up points in games where we "should" be doing so under Penney. If we go on a bit of a run now and get a few wins from the remaining games, I'd go as far as saying Penney might have cracked the "all we need to do is turn up" attitude that have spoiled past seasons.

If Penney can build a decent squad over the summer and believe his teams can go and have a go at the likes of Leeds and Norwich , who knows? Maybe we've made the right appointment!

Penny will not prove the Haters wrong.

Lose - sack him.

Win, and its a poor performance - sack him

Win and play well - oppo are rubbish, should have scored more - sack him

For me - this is battle time and you get the 3 points. Job done

Didn't go so forgive me and correct me if I'm wrong...

Bottom of the table who should be 2 up, giving us the run around, ref sends one of them off and gifts us a goal, and from then on it was protecting what we had, with a few hairy moments, in the end clinging on to the 3 points.

Or was it all us and on another day could've been a cricket score?

Anyway whatever happened, it sure is dull.

E4e

ZZZZZ

Like the most fickle of football fans, I’ve changed my mind about getting rid of Dave Penney.

I'm actually starting to see a few positives in Penney's work here. While Latics teams under say Sheridan would go and get a result at places like Elland Road, the same side would then more than likely go and lose a game like tonight’s. We seem to be picking up points in games where we "should" be doing so under Penney. If we go on a bit of a run now and get a few wins from the remaining games, I'd go as far as saying Penney might have cracked the "all we need to do is turn up" attitude that have spoiled past seasons.

If Penney can build a decent squad over the summer and believe his teams can go and have a go at the likes of Leeds and Norwich , who knows? Maybe we've made the right appointment!

Totally agree. At the end of the day due to our nightmare run of fixture postponments we were in a false position, had we been down there with equal games played id have been worried. We had to pick up points in March, and so far we have. Saturday was disapointing, but theres not much DP could do about either goal really. Today hes made the changes that were needed, and on a very difficult pitch and against a side who aren`t doing to bad of late, weve got a big win!

KeepTheFaith ..

Totally agree. At the end of the day due to our nightmare run of fixture postponments we were in a false position, had we been down there with equal games played id have been worried. We had to pick up points in March, and so far we have. Saturday was disapointing, but theres not much DP could do about either goal really. Today hes made the changes that were needed, and on a very difficult pitch and against a side who aren`t doing to bad of late, weve got a big win!

KeepTheFaith ..

ditto

all that mattered tonight is 3 points..end of

KTF

see swindon won at St mary's... :shock:

Really? Whats he proved? that we are just a little better than a bottom 4 team, great stuff!

Exactly. And in recent weeks the haters have been saying that "we WILL go down" and now Penney has proven we are better than a bottom 4 team (as you stated), thus we'll stay up and Penney has proven the haters wrong.