latics fan wrote this

from the e-zine Posted by Jobson [user Info] on 19/3/2010, 4:53 pm

After months of regularly watching 1st team training sessions, I have seen for myself first hand, that Dave Penney, Martin Gray, Andy Collet & Lee Duxberry work their socks off with the players at every single session, and its plain to see that the spirit within the team members could not be any better, so not to name any names, I spoke to a few of the players, and they all, to a man, are 100 per cent behind this MANAGER and his entire team, one senior player in particular, was quite visibly upset by the treatment the Manager is getting from some of our so called "Supporters" at the moment, pointing out we are unbeaten in 4 games now and need the confidence to keep it going, by having all the SUPPORTERS behind them. SO COME ON GUYS GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM, AND CHEER THEM ON TO SAFETY.

so if this is true, are us fans going to listen?

I am voting with my feet tomorrow. I stand in the RRE not far from those who sing as I like to have a sing myself.

However, if I hear that anti-penney song I am going to move myself over to the other side of the terrace. I will move myself away from my friends to prove a point as I am not going to be tarred with the same brush anymore.

If you in the same frame of mind - lets all move over to the other side of the steps and lets see who the anti's are, how many there are and if they do represent a sizeable portion of the crowd.

There is no use in getting rid of the manager now as there are not many games left and we are moving away from trouble - okay at a snail pace granted. Its not the season we all hoped but lets ride the whirlwind called Latics and see it though and see where we end up.

Here's to 3 points tomoz....I am going got a two nil win. Any takers?

so if this is true, are us fans going to listen?

I am voting with my feet tomorrow. I stand in the RRE not far from those who sing as I like to have a sing myself.

However, if I hear that anti-penney song I am going to move myself over to the other side of the terrace. I will move myself away from my friends to prove a point as I am not going to be tarred with the same brush anymore.

If you in the same frame of mind - lets all move over to the other side of the steps and lets see who the anti's are, how many there are and if they do represent a sizeable portion of the crowd.

There is no use in getting rid of the manager now as there are not many games left and we are moving away from trouble - okay at a snail pace granted. Its not the season we all hoped but lets ride the whirlwind called Latics and see it though and see where we end up.

Here's to 3 points tomoz....I am going got a two nil win. Any takers?

Us on the other side of the steps are behind Oldham, that is why we got our season tickets in the block so that we got a good view of our team.

There were a few isolated negative comments but on the whole we support the team and the club.

A 2-0 would be great tomorrow, a 1-0 would be tense but when the final whistle goes it is 3 points in the bag.

Us on the other side of the steps are behind Oldham, that is why we got our season tickets in the block so that we got a good view of our team.

There were a few isolated negative comments but on the whole we support the team and the club.

A 2-0 would be great tomorrow, a 1-0 would be tense but when the final whistle goes it is 3 points in the bag.

Look out for me looking fetching in all my winter garb coming over two the dark side, dragging my two nephews behind me (yes I punish them by bringing them to BP - evil aunty I am).

Here's to three points and I do hope they manage to peal that player off the pitch that Gregan rolled over last weeekend in the penalty box. It left a dent I'm sure....paint scrapper anyone? :wink:

from the e-zine Posted by Jobson [user Info] on 19/3/2010, 4:53 pm

After months of regularly watching 1st team training sessions, I have seen for myself first hand, that Dave Penney, Martin Gray, Andy Collet & Lee Duxberry work their socks off with the players at every single session, and its plain to see that the spirit within the team members could not be any better, so not to name any names, I spoke to a few of the players, and they all, to a man, are 100 per cent behind this MANAGER and his entire team, one senior player in particular, was quite visibly upset by the treatment the Manager is getting from some of our so called "Supporters" at the moment, pointing out we are unbeaten in 4 games now and need the confidence to keep it going, by having all the SUPPORTERS behind them. SO COME ON GUYS GET BEHIND YOUR TEAM, AND CHEER THEM ON TO SAFETY.

Real coincidence this was posted last night after a conversation I had last night with someone only recently very much involved with the club and with no reason at all to be bias. I want to respect this person so will say only this: He had seen a lot happen at BP and was quite clear that the current management was the best he had seen at any club. He said that DP and MG were genuine, honest and incredibly hard-working men and was adamant they would turn things around.

The conversation filled me with renewed optimism towards the club and the future. I am, having been faltering recently, a 100% Penney inner. The Penney out idiots (and they are idiots) look for a quick-fix and not the longitudinal benefits that come with the gradual construction of a positive and hard-working culture and ethos (and the process is gradual) that is conducive to a stable and ultimately successful football team. It cannot be over-stated that JR nearly took us down in his first season and that teams that chop and change managers underachieve.

A bed-rock has been laid this season which although, at times, painful to witness has been a crucial first step.

Things are going to get better, it might take until next season to show, but turning your back on the club now will help no-one, least of all yourself who will always know that when support was most needed, you looked the other way.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters, Oldham Athletic are far from finished.

Woof.

Well maybe the team and Dave Penney should have thought of that before they turn out the dross they have been doing on the field, week in week out, for most of the season.

I don't think even the most ardent of Penney outers doubted the mans work ethic and other personal qualities for a minute, and the reason the penney outers who dont have a shortage of brain cells want him out is largely due to his performance in the job, a combination of poor signings, negative tactics and dull, uninspiring football (and thats being kind). He is paid (and paid handsomely compared to what most of us fans earn) to do a job, and like many of us, his performance is judged on results. Had we performed as poorly in our jobs, we would have received our P45's.

Many of these 'penney outers' put their money into the club and have been doing for many more years than alot of people on this board. Its also their money who pays the players wages, their opinion is as valid as any other "penney inner".

My opinion on Penney for what its worth is that I do not doubt for a second, he is an honest, hard working man. However this season the signings, the performances and the results have been nowhere near good enough. As a fan, I pay my £300 to watch my team play to win every game, and give it their all. One or both of these factors have been absent from the performances for large parts of this season.

The window to sack him this year has been and gone, and I personally think if he keeps us up fairly comfortably, then he should remain in the job for the start of next season. However, I do believe regarding the results and performances this year, the riot act needs to be well and truly read. If come christmas there is no improvement, then we look for a replacement.

And regarding the penney outers being a minority, well I think the season ticket sales will indicate whether that is true, and for the sake of the club, I sincerely hope it is true, or 2010/2011 could be another long, hard season.

Well maybe the team and Dave Penney should have thought of that before they turn out the dross they have been doing on the field, week in week out, for most of the season.

I don't think even the most ardent of Penney outers doubted the mans work ethic and other personal qualities for a minute, and the reason the penney outers who dont have a shortage of brain cells want him out is largely due to his performance in the job, a combination of poor signings, negative tactics and dull, uninspiring football (and thats being kind). He is paid (and paid handsomely compared to what most of us fans earn) to do a job, and like many of us, his performance is judged on results. Had we performed as poorly in our jobs, we would have received our P45's.

Many of these 'penney outers' put their money into the club and have been doing for many more years than alot of people on this board. Its also their money who pays the players wages, their opinion is as valid as any other "penney inner".

My opinion on Penney for what its worth is that I do not doubt for a second, he is an honest, hard working man. However this season the signings, the performances and the results have been nowhere near good enough. As a fan, I pay my £300 to watch my team play to win every game, and give it their all. One or both of these factors have been absent from the performances for large parts of this season.

The window to sack him this year has been and gone, and I personally think if he keeps us up fairly comfortably, then he should remain in the job for the start of next season. However, I do believe regarding the results and performances this year, the riot act needs to be well and truly read. If come christmas there is no improvement, then we look for a replacement.

And regarding the penney outers being a minority, well I think the season ticket sales will indicate whether that is true, and for the sake of the club, I sincerely hope it is true, or 2010/2011 could be another long, hard season.

Highlighted sentence sums it up for me - if the players are doing it on the training pitch and are 100% behind the management team then wtf is going on when they cross the white line?

No-one can deny the dross that has been served up this season - the question is why?

Time to show that committment on the pitch methinks :huh:

Its quite clearly Dave Penney tryin to win some of the fans round! Lol!

I couldnt care less if all the players are a thousand per cent in support of Penney, and play like Brazil in training! I pay my money to watch what goes on, on the pitch! And after the crap we've all watched this season, can you really blame people for walking away?

Since when has the 3rd Division produced good football? If any of the players could do that then they wouldn't be in the 3rd division.

If at times in the last decade or so we have produced good football then what good has it does us? We are still in this league, it may have put another 100 or so on the gate but not got us promoted

Highlighted sentence sums it up for me - if the players are doing it on the training pitch and are 100% behind the management team then wtf is going on when they cross the white line?

No-one can deny the dross that has been served up this season - the question is why?

Time to show that committment on the pitch methinks :huh:

there may have been an element of negativity regarding certain players.....it only takes one bad apple to upset the cart....penney has shown his hand slightly now by dumping parker..and stating thats it,out of contract your not coming back.

now im not saying he has been causing trouble...but you never know,him and greegs had history.

i think he needs to have a good finish to the rest of this season,get performances going get a bit of football going and maybe win back some fans...

next season he has to be ruthless again and get rid of the dead wood..but bring in better replacements,if he does this and gives it a go then fine...if he doesnt he will get the benefit of the doubt until christmas.