Brighton Post Game Thread

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brighton are pretty good away from home (unbeaten in 8 away games now) and this was always gonna be a tough game for us. Ah well, no need to dwell on it, we're still clear of the relegation zone. But we really need to get a result against Brentford. Time to rally the troops Penney!

DAVE PENNEY'S BLUE WHITE ARMY!

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Penney's fault, or the players?

If we go down, then Penney has to go.

If we stay up, even by the skin of our teeth, then Penney to get a chance to clear the deadwood and see how we are doing by Nov.

But again, injuries have not helped, and some players let themselves down.

Brighton are pretty good away from home (unbeaten in 8 away games now) and this was always gonna be a tough game for us. Ah well, no need to dwell on it, we're still clear of the relegation zone. But we really need to get a result against Brentford. Time to rally the troops Penney!

Time to read the riot act to Penney TTA?

Penney's fault, or the players?

If we go down, then Penney has to go.

If we stay up, even by the skin of our teeth, then Penney to get a chance to clear the deadwood and see how we are doing by Nov.

But again, injuries have not helped, and some players let themselves down.

What is the deadwood? Arent must of the players Penney brought to the club (although must are loanees)?

Time to read the riot act to Penney TTA?

First-half we started well, were first to everything but suffered from a blatant lack of width yet again. We huff and puff, a few efforts off target, Pav misses a good chance by heading wide, Taylor plays one across the face of goal and Guy causes them problems with his pace.

Then Bennett scores an absolute beaut from out wide it goes into the top corner like a rocket WTF have we not even enquired about this boy, he's a great prospect and did ever so well on loan at BUry last season.

Right on HT Pav forces a good save from the keeper, before he makes an even better stop off Taylor's rebound. Second-half we did not turn up, it was directionless, clueless, gutless, passionless and absofeckinlutely clueless. As for the og it was a tap in anyway. We did nothing to get back into the game the players preferring to hide and the crowd got increasingly vociferous in their anti-Penney chants. It was clear to see we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Left with 10 minutes to go, I was bored :censored:less.

Where do we go from here? Well Brentford will be another tough one, so will Gillingham. We need 4 wins out of 10 to stay up in my opinion. Can we get them? Not sure tbh...

First-half we started well, were first to everything but suffered from a blatant lack of width yet again. We huff and puff, a few efforts off target, Pav misses a good chance by heading wide, Taylor plays one across the face of goal and Guy causes them problems with his pace.

Then Bennett scores an absolute beaut from out wide it goes into the top corner like a rocket WTF have we not even enquired about this boy, he's a great prospect and did ever so well on loan at BUry last season.

Right on HT Pav forces a good save from the keeper, before he makes an even better stop off Taylor's rebound. Second-half we did not turn up, it was directionless, clueless, gutless, passionless and absofeckinlutely clueless. As for the og it was a tap in anyway. We did nothing to get back into the game the players preferring to hide and the crowd got increasingly vociferous in their anti-Penney chants. It was clear to see we wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Left with 10 minutes to go, I was bored :censored:less.

Where do we go from here? Well Brentford will be another tough one, so will Gillingham. We need 4 wins out of 10 to stay up in my opinion. Can we get them? Not sure tbh...

Cheers for the review... The 4 in 10 is probably right...

A shocker but a predicted one, we live on to fight another day and must make sure of 3 points with our game in hand over the teams around us

Others have joined the fight now so we need to hang on in there :wink:

The fight? Jesus Christ, if this team was a boxer it'd be Audley "cauliflower arse" Harrison. I've seen little fighting spirit all season.

Purdie

Worthington

Jacobson

Pav

Furman

Brill

Holdsworth

Parker

etc, etc, etc

Plus the loanies...

Have these players improved us compared to last seasons team ?

What is the case for keeping Penney ? What has he done to which shows anything like a bright future ?

I think we should cut our loses...

Edited by oafc0000

You don't get to many games, do you.

Plus the loanies...

Have these players improved us compared to last seasons team ?

What is the case for keeping Penney ? What has he done to which shows anything like a bright future ?

I think we should cut our loses...

Sadly i'm coming to the same conclusion, he got it so, so so wrong today. Tuesday was awful, last Saturday mistakes or not was woeful. Orient had their best strikers on the bench for some reason (MCgleish and Jarvis) and Exeter was terrible. He's the luckiest twit with an 'a' alive,. HE WILL NOT GET US THE FOUR WINS WE NEED!

Gregan and Dux until the end of the season, see how it goes and then reassess in the summer. Penney hasn't just lost the muppet choir it was 70% of the crowd today. I'm sure he's a nice guy but he couldn't take Donny further so why the hell did we expect him to take us on? He was a cheap appointment for a board that has lost interest on the pitch.

He talked a good game pre-season but since Charlton away it's been glaringly obvious he has no real ambitions to score goals and win football matches. Oldham Nil does not win hearts and mind and trust me there will be UNDER 3,000 v Brentford.

Edited by oafcprozac