Ian Huntley's Throat Cut

Linky

Soham murderer Ian Huntley was today rushed to hospital after having his throat slashed by another inmate in Frankland prison.

I take no pleasure from this, he should have been judicially executed, it's no good to have a brutal prison system where the famous ones get sorted out by people who are very likely no better than they are.

I think it's better that he's around and being punished than dead. Speaking of which I also reckon a life of torture would provide a fair and better deterrent to those crazy enough to dream up such crimes. Best of all, Ed would find gainful employment and be able to begin attending BP again.

I think it's better that he's around and being punished than dead. Speaking of which I also reckon a life of torture would provide a fair and better deterrent to those crazy enough to dream up such crimes. Best of all, Ed would find gainful employment and be able to begin attending BP again.

Killing him would be the easy way,

cutting off his balls and dipping him in salt would be more like it

There is no point in having a justice system if you let certain prisoners be victims of mob justice just because they are famous (or infamous), after all there are some prisoners who have done worse just by the numbers involved. Frankland prison is an interesting one and on the radio today someone made the point that the prison category system was invented in the 60s and hasn't been looked at since- which seems wrong. I do feel very sorry for the prison officers- I see enough of them from Frankland at the hospital- it can't be easy to stop people doing in a notorious murderer every day when a little bit of you wants to do him in yourself. I also don't think it was co-incidence that 3 prison officers from Frankland spent last weekend in hospital and the next weekend its most notorious inmate gets stabbed.