Let's Try Again - Radical Thinking II

How can the club reconnect with the local community?

Free coaching for coaches of local clubs and schools. Accredited coaches at whatever level - i.e. those who have demonstrated their own commitment - get help to achieve further coaching qualifications by attending sessions at the club run by players and backroom staff.

Benefits:

Goodwill spread among a significant number of coaches, parents, kids

Early awareness of promising local youngsters

Genuine contribution to local community

Awareness of the club across a wider audience

I vaguely remember some quite surprising stats about the number of schools in the borough, that made it tricky even to get players out to them on much of a regular basis. training several hundred PE teachers nad local coaches would be a huge undertaking. Sorry to be negative, ideas are good, but I'm not sure this is realistic.

Free season tickets for local primary school kids. Get 'em young. Make sure they're all in the RRE, where the only atmosphere is, and hope they catch the bug.

Gettting kids in is obviously a good idea, but the RRE wouldn't be the ideal place for me. Not only will they get moved around all too often, but the amount of bottles that come flying over from the opposition fans is way too dangerous. Remember the kid who got hit against Millwall earlier this season?

Gettting kids in is obviously a good idea, but the RRE wouldn't be the ideal place for me. Not only will they get moved around all too often, but the amount of bottles that come flying over from the opposition fans is way too dangerous. Remember the kid who got hit against Millwall earlier this season?

Maybe - but that's one game. I've been in the RRE 'I' section all season - can only remember it being that game where that happened.