• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with all is its Man City, the biggest nearly club of all time. They have been talking it big since the seventies, as Fergie says noisy neighbours .

It will be interesting to see how this all progresses the idea of city charging £200 for season tickets with their current transfer outlay and wage bill doesn't add up even with tv money sponsorship etc. While the Man city spending power shows no sign of subsiding in the short term in the long term it isn't sustainable and who says that Sheik mansour and co are going to keep wanting to throw money at city the way they are now in 5 10 years. If you look at Chelsea their spending has slowed down significantly in the last few transfer windows as Abramovich moves towards more of a sustainable level of spending.

It will be interesting to see how this all progresses the idea of city charging £200 for season tickets with their current transfer outlay and wage bill doesn't add up even with tv money sponsorship etc. While the Man city spending power shows no sign of subsiding in the short term in the long term it isn't sustainable and who says that Sheik mansour and co are going to keep wanting to throw money at city the way they are now in 5 10 years. If you look at Chelsea their spending has slowed down significantly in the last few transfer windows as Abramovich moves towards more of a sustainable level of spending.

i would imagine the £200 part would be for one or possibly 2 seasons,get people hooked then bang the price up.

the area they want to develop is in total 200 acres,so it dwarfs ours immensly,and anybody who thinks it wouldnt impact onus is half baked..

if our lot had managed to find some land big enough not too far from current place,then its totally different as this town of ours hasnt got anything anymore,so something new and shiney would attract people....

i hope the club have a serious rethink on there plans,if they didnt do there research properly then this is another thing thats gonna bite them on the arse

This is all probably a red herring from our point of view. All we need to care about is the positioning of the stadium in regards to attracting fans. As far as I know we won't be owning any of these other developments TTA will be building, aka hotel, cinema etc... They will own them.. That is there problem...

Our problem is being 3 miles from Citys ground, or more importantly a couple of stops down from our new ground...

Just had a thought- we are/were building a hotel near our new ground, are Citeh building one near theirs? OK so Manchester is not exactly short of hotels but its not that easy to get to Eastlands from quite a few of them. But if we are building a hotel and Citeh is going to be a few miles down the road on the same tram line surely the proximity might be good for the hotel which means if we somehow manage to make money from it then it all adds up to sustainable income.

Just had a thought- we are/were building a hotel near our new ground, are Citeh building one near theirs? OK so Manchester is not exactly short of hotels but its not that easy to get to Eastlands from quite a few of them. But if we are building a hotel and Citeh is going to be a few miles down the road on the same tram line surely the proximity might be good for the hotel which means if we somehow manage to make money from it then it all adds up to sustainable income.

Will we be making money from the Hotel ? I thought we will be owning "the stadium" ?

Will we be making money from the Hotel ? I thought we will be owning "the stadium" ?

What will be worrying me more is that we won't be owninga hotel or cinema or whatever we decide to put their or making any money out of them how is that £500,000 loss going to be covered. That and the fact we are building on the current site when we haven't even got planning permission for the site in Failsworth therefore putting our fate in the hands of the worst local authority in this country and possibly in the western world.

I wouldn't know, but it would be completely normal to split up businesses with different trading styles into seperate companies to reduce risk. The old adage "don't put all your eggs in one basket" springs to mind.

Just because OAFC 2004 doesn't own the assets/businesses doesn't necessarily mean they won't be used to subside latics though. It just means that the assets won't sit on the balance sheet of the club similiarly to how BP doesn't now.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I wouldn't know, but it would be completely normal to split up businesses with different trading styles into seperate companies to reduce risk. The old adage "don't put all your eggs in one basket" springs to mind.

Just because OAFC 2004 doesn't own the assets/businesses doesn't necessarily mean they won't be used to subside latics though. It just means that the assets won't sit on the balance sheet of the club similiarly to how BP doesn't now.

And it dosent necessarily mean they will either... In fact, when you take into account they have said they won't be around forever and you think what 99 out of 100 business would do. I can see Latics owning the stadium with everything in it (which will be an improvement on what we have) and the rest being owned by TTA or sold off to other third parties.

Now I will be happy to see Latics in a better stadium with conference facilities etc. I just think some people think we will be owning a lot more than we actually will be owning in the end. I very much doubt we will see anything from these other external developments. No commitments have been made in regards to this.

Edited by oafc0000

nout going to help the fact that FC United are building there own stadium in newton heath. looks like Fc will have more fans than us.

I see them as a massive threat...

We are going to have a successful growing small team and one of the richiest clubs in the world RIGHT ON our door step.

Very scary... For me there is a difference being at Boundary Park as opposed to being in Failsworth..

i just carnt remeber, but why was ferny field's put out of question ?

because the farmer tried to play hard ball with tta,and constantly move the goalposts by demanding more cash etc etc...because he and his family were rugby fans and were pissed off that the rugby club wouldnt be sharing....so he started playing games....the tta set him a time limit on there final offer and he ignored it.

i would imagine he would snap there hands off now as he is broke and wants rid of the land....but i doubt tta would go back as that would be seen as backing down....but it is a much better site

all the extra trimmings for the new stadium,ie cinema hotel etc,will all be making money for latics to be sustainable,whether its through rents and leases of owned out right and or a percentage of takings

by imcorporating usefull ideas into the corners and that they can charge health authoritys a premium and that...so although we may not directly own these extra buildings and that,we will own the land that they are built on.

all the extra trimmings for the new stadium,ie cinema hotel etc,will all be making money for latics to be sustainable,whether its through rents and leases of owned out right and or a percentage of takings

by imcorporating usefull ideas into the corners and that they can charge health authoritys a premium and that...so although we may not directly own these extra buildings and that,we will own the land that they are built on.

Have you got anything at all to back this up ? or is it wishful / hopeful thinking ? Because if it is then that is fine, but you are saying it as if it is a matter of fact when the only thing I know TTA have confirmed is that we will own the Stadium...

In fact I keep saying we need to find out what we will and will not own. What we will and will not get income from... Instead of this currently half baked idea that TTA are going to surrender profits from the other developments.

The idea is for the club to be sustainable... Any money TTA currently put into the club appears as debt owing back to TTA... How would future money put into the club appear from these external providers ? As more debt ?

If you think the aim is sustainability, then the aim could only ever be for the club to survive off what it gets and owns. Not from hand outs from other businesses. Which makes me think even more so that all these extra developments are separate from our interests.

Its important we all know what we are getting and what we should expect. Currently expectations seems far higher than the known reality.

I think its a shame that there are very few of us asking these questions while the rest of the fan base seem to be in cloud bloody cocko land all hoping for the best. I just pray we are not five years down the line with everyone moaning that all we got out of it was a stadium (not that I think we can expect much else) and we got shafted. While TTA walked away having sold off Cinemas, Bowl Alleys, Hotels etc...

For me this is the way it is until TTA say otherwise.

Edited by oafc0000

because the farmer tried to play hard ball with tta,and constantly move the goalposts by demanding more cash etc etc...because he and his family were rugby fans and were pissed off that the rugby club wouldnt be sharing....so he started playing games....the tta set him a time limit on there final offer and he ignored it.

i would imagine he would snap there hands off now as he is broke and wants rid of the land....but i doubt tta would go back as that would be seen as backing down....but it is a much better site

If all this is true then I think its a bit silly... Cutting your nose off to spite your face and all that...

same, id go back with an offer, the farmer will accept by now wont he ?

If he wants to sell and we want to buy and the price is right... Seems silly to reconsider it... I am sure it wasn't all down to the farmer whatever happened... Two sides to every story and all that...