A City supporting work mate was on bluemoon forums this dinner; and has just set me this taken from a new post on t'forum - his email to me was entitled:

"and your lot want to move near us; you're going to lose - BIG TIME!!!!"

have a read of this:

All I can say is I have been buzzing since this was told to me yesterday evening - from a VERY strong City contact.

As far as they have been made aware, Manchester City for world domination may not be so far from the truth!

A stadium in excess of 65,000 seats...and here's the kicker....

The vision is to give football back to the working class people of Manchester.

By that, I am told we are wanted to be shown as an example to the rest of the Premier League and the footballing world.

The cheapest tickets by a very long way, subsidised heavily by the grander plans for development.

We have been looking in particular at the German model of pricing for games, also with regards combining match tickets with modes of transport, Metrolink and busses.

Season-tickets that could be as little as £200 quid a pop, match tickets for a tenner, OAPS, Kids, every facet of this is being looked at.

Thousands of extra seats to schools and low income parents of Manchester and the surrounding areas, to encourage a new generation of support, combined with the ramping up of the current City in the Community and Live for City initiatives.

A drive to ensure Manchester City are the club every youngster in the area will dream of wishing to join.

The club have had people doing forecasts and costings on our support and what we will be able to attract.

I am told they are mightily impressed with some of the projections, and crowds akin to that lot across the road can and will be matched.

Our owners see the role of the British government in this as vital.

That clown Brown was pretty much blown away by what was outlined.

As for our stadium, it will cease to exist as we know it. An icon every bit as identifiable as the Bernabeu and Camp Nou, using the latest techniques.

A vision document has pretty much been completed in the last couple months, as a result of the 14 month fact finding tour made by us.

I don't have anything more to add, only that I was proud to hear the way our owner Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon want this club to be preceived in the generations to come.

A club with a winning mentality, but one that respects the culture of the game, its fans, and the history of our great club.

They want to give the entire City of Manchester a sense of pride in the club, and leave a lasting legacy.

Oh, and those people who laughed at Garry Cook's outspoken comments back in January in New York.

I admit I cringed at the time, but I have been left in no doubt whatsoever that Cook and us will be the ones to have the last laugh.

Take this seriously, the supposed plans floating out there at present, they don't even scratch the surface.

Personally, I am in a rush to get there, tomorrow. But if I have to wait a little while longer, that's cool by me, they know they we will succeed.

That is all.

-----------------------------------------------------

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A City supporting work mate was on bluemoon forums this dinner; and has just set me this taken from a new post on t'forum - his email to me was entitled:

have a read of this:

All I can say is I have been buzzing since this was told to me yesterday evening - from a VERY strong City contact.

As far as they have been made aware, Manchester City for world domination may not be so far from the truth!

By that, I am told we are wanted to be shown as an example to the rest of the Premier League and the footballing world.

The cheapest tickets by a very long way, subsidised heavily by the grander plans for development.

We have been looking in particular at the German model of pricing for games, also with regards combining match tickets with modes of transport, Metrolink and busses.

Season-tickets that could be as little as £200 quid a pop, match tickets for a tenner, OAPS, Kids, every facet of this is being looked at.

Thousands of extra seats to schools and low income parents of Manchester and the surrounding areas, to encourage a new generation of support, combined with the ramping up of the current City in the Community and Live for City initiatives.

A drive to ensure Manchester City are the club every youngster in the area will dream of wishing to join.

The club have had people doing forecasts and costings on our support and what we will be able to attract.

I am told they are mightily impressed with some of the projections, and crowds akin to that lot across the road can and will be matched.

As for our stadium, it will cease to exist as we know it. An icon every bit as identifiable as the Bernabeu and Camp Nou, using the latest techniques.

A vision document has pretty much been completed in the last couple months, as a result of the 14 month fact finding tour made by us.

I don't have anything more to add, only that I was proud to hear the way our owner Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon want this club to be preceived in the generations to come.

A club with a winning mentality, but one that respects the culture of the game, its fans, and the history of our great club.

They want to give the entire City of Manchester a sense of pride in the club, and leave a lasting legacy.

Oh, and those people who laughed at Garry Cook's outspoken comments back in January in New York.

I admit I cringed at the time, but I have been left in no doubt whatsoever that Cook and us will be the ones to have the last laugh.

Take this seriously, the supposed plans floating out there at present, they don't even scratch the surface.

Personally, I am in a rush to get there, tomorrow. But if I have to wait a little while longer, that's cool by me, they know they we will succeed.

That is all.

cant wait!!

This all strikes me as a bit like the Kaka situation- some Citeh fans were so convinced he was going to sign for them they spent money on it- think one bloke even got a tattoo. What happened- one of his people took one look at the club and said no thanks.

Are you seriously telling me than Gordon Brown (or David Cameron) is going to spend the governments money on developing Eastlands for someone only for some of the money to go towards subsidising citeh tickets not a chance. If Sheik whatever wants to spend cash subsidising Citeh then who's going to stop him. If that means adding an extra x thousand seats to the stadium then OK but do Citeh own the stadium? Last time I looked it was built for the Commonwealth games by the tax payer and Citeh took it over and pay rent. This new development at eastlands is going to provide jobs- yeah sure- but what else is in it for the government, if the government subsidise this then they will have to subsidise anything else connected to football which is going to provide jobs (including our Failsworth development). If Citeh's owners want to spend money developing Eastlands for their own good then no-one will stop them and I know they are loaded but I can't see them spending £1billion on something they aren't going to see a lot of profit on (and frankly I don't think anyone has that sort of cash).

I will believe it when I see it as opposed to some story from a Citeh message board from some bloke with a "source", if its anything like here his "source" might as well be a bottle of HP. I'm not saying Citeh won't develop the land but to do so with government financial backing and then waste the money on subsidising tickets is a bit far fetched, if it happens citeh fans will pay for it.

Building the flashest stadium in the world to fill it with £200 ST holders, kids, £10 on the day, old timers and the poor isn't a scheme that is going to pay for itself, however much you develop round there. And that's before you remember that they still have to pay treble the odds to get the really big (but not quite good enough) names in.

Re: Dr Medic's point, true, although I dare say the Council would take a big wedge of hard cash to end the tenancy, but what are they going to do, knock a moern ground down to build a new one? Believing all this when I sees it.

Madness even to consider moving next door to them. Its like a fooking corner shop trying to take on Tesco. TTA, or any of our supporters, want their head testing if they think that moving to Failsworth, Manchester makes any kind of business sense whatsover.

Yawn... But I presume you'd like our new ground to have good road links and maybe easy Metrolink access? Or maybe we'll hide it in the bottom of Delph and hope the kids don't get up to the top of the hill to hear about City? Red and Evil Blues all over the place was a feature of my childhood, it will be for most kids now in Royton,Chad, **** etc as well. Get over it.

Madness even to consider moving next door to them. Its like a fooking corner shop trying to take on Tesco. TTA, or any of our supporters, want their head testing if they think that moving to Failsworth, Manchester makes any kind of business sense whatsover.

So if we were to move a mile up Broadway everything would be fine and the threat from Citeh would go away?

Yawn... But I presume you'd like our new ground to have good road links and maybe easy Metrolink access? Or maybe we'll hide it in the bottom of Delph and hope the kids don't get up to the top of the hill to hear about City? Red and Evil Blues all over the place was a feature of my childhood, it will be for most kids now in Royton,Chad, **** etc as well. Get over it.

Yawn? Fook off to your single bed if its past your bedtime.

Moving away from your core support is brave, but moving into an area right next door to your neighbours in 100% Citeh territory madness. You've clearly been out of Oldham for too long if you think that the percentage of Citeh fans in Failsworth is anywhere near that in Oldham/Royton.

So if we were to move a mile up Broadway everything would be fine and the threat from Citeh would go away?

Now your just being silly. Next question.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

:petesake:

Currently there is a clear separation between ourselves, city and United... That separation dose become a bit more blured with a move closer to City... Maybe not to you...but to future generations I think it does..

Condescendly yawn at him if you want but the argument holds ground in my eyes. Its a massive risk moving right on the Manchester border.

Edited by oafc0000

Currently there is a clear separation between ourselves, city and United... That separation dose become a bit more blured with a move closer to City... Maybe not to you...but to future generations I think it does..

Condescendly yawn at him if you want but the argument holds ground in my eyes. Its a massive risk moving right on the Manchester border.

:ohno:

Look at the people in Oldham and Royton, look at the kids in the local schools, look at what people in the local area watch in the local pubs. See who's football kits they're wearing. Hopefully then you'll realise that the separation you yearn for is already eroded.

:petesake:

And staying where we are will make all the difference? Ive said it all along we are already close to manchester and Oldham is full of man city and man united fans as it is the location next to Man City is not as bigger difference as people think it is bearing in mind our current location.

:ohno:

Look at the people in Oldham and Royton, look at the kids in the local schools, look at what people in the local area watch in the local pubs. See who's football kits they're wearing. Hopefully then you'll realise that the separation you yearn for is already eroded.

It's eroded no doubt... It seems like we are now taking sledge hammer to it to finish it off..

Ah whatever, you are right, the game is up...

And staying where we are will make all the difference? Ive said it all along we are already close to manchester and Oldham is full of man city and man united fans as it is the location next to Man City is not as bigger difference as people think it is bearing in mind our current location.

I think it makes some difference.... Admittedly its small..

Edited by oafc0000

Yawn? Fook off to your single bed if its past your bedtime.

Moving away from your core support is brave, but moving into an area right next door to your neighbours in 100% Citeh territory madness. You've clearly been out of Oldham for too long if you think that the percentage of Citeh fans in Failsworth is anywhere near that in Oldham/Royton.

Now your just being silly. Next question.

I sleep in a double, but there's room for you tonight if you fancy it?

Make a serious point. Should we move as far away from the Mancs as we can?

Oh no, that moves us further away from the bulk of catchment area we might attract.

As I say, Delph? Stop Big Bad City stealing all our kids? I will repeat it, most kids when I went to St Aidans were City or United, I'm sue they are now as well. I guess more of the Oldham ones went, that's the difference and the thing to solve. A few miles here or there makes no difference, it really doesn't.

Thornham borders? Edge of Heywood? Run awayyyyy!!!!!!!!

have a read of this:

That is all.

Which if we're buggered, were buggered wherever we are in Oldham.