FC United Newton Heath stadium plans confirmed

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't specifically about Manchester City it's FC United's plans officially confirmed today,thus I feel it merits its own header.

I think you are right...

I see FC United as a massive threat... If you want to watch a "small" team why would you choose Oldham over FC United considering the distance ?

I think you are right...

I see FC United as a massive threat... If you want to watch a "small" team why would you choose Oldham over FC United considering the distance ?

Particularly if in a few years time they are in the same division or higher.

Edited by BP1960

Particularly if in a few years time they are in the same division or higher, remember they already have a fan base almost as big as the Latics now - which they will undoubtably build on.

IMO with a stadium nearby to Latics they will be a threat

Edited by BP1960

They must have seen it coming, it's been rumoured for ages.

You are right...

Why would someone move a football club like Latics closer to FC United and Manchester City if there long term interests where said football club ?

Answers on a postcard...

No way a ground share can happen. FC United want to be in Newton Heath for obvious reasons. If they where going to ground share then Bury FC would of been ideal.

No way our fans would accept a move to Newton Heath...

no way will our fans accept a move to failsworth but ....

No way a ground share can happen. FC United want to be in Newton Heath for obvious reasons. If they where going to ground share then Bury FC would of been ideal.

No way our fans would accept a move to Newton Heath...

The saving grace is their proposed 5,000 capacity would be too small to accept - even as a temporary ground share.

The saving grace is their proposed 5,000 capacity would be too small to accept - even as a temporary ground share.

There is a chance things won't work out (have you seen its surrounded by housing, NIMBY time) and they will come and share at Failsworth I suppose.

Edited by oafc0000