FC United Newton Heath stadium plans confirmed

Yet their fan base keeps growing...

Does it? I must admit I hadn't checked, but after the initial novelty value I always thought their support would start to level off if not actually go down once they stopped winning every game 4-0.

And yes they are a bunch of cocks.

Does anyone know if any of their fans have raised concerns about being in the shadow of City, given their intended site is barely more than a mile away from Eastlands?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it? I must admit I hadn't checked, but after the initial novelty value I always thought their support would start to level off if not actually go down once they stopped winning every game 4-0.

Last time I looked they where getting increases year in year out... I haven't followed it closely though...

To be fair if they are only going to build a 5k stadium its doubtful they are expecting to get huge attendances any time soon...

Edited by oafc0000

Last time I looked they where getting increases year in year out... I haven't followed it closely though...

To be fair if they are only going to build a 5k stadium its doubtful they are expecting to get huge attendances any time soon...

2,100 v bottom of the league Durham last week.

Admission prices. £7.50 – adults £5 - students & over 60s £2 - under 18s.

That's some competition IMO.

Edited by BP1960

Does anyone know if any of their fans have raised concerns about being in the shadow of City, given their intended site is barely more than a mile away from Eastlands?

That's the bit that really amuses me, the idea that they have some unbroken emotional link to the area, despite of having been City Oldham heartland territory for the last century.

I can't see them carrying on rising effortlessly through the leagues anyway. Bit like Wimbledon, it's piss easy playing against the likes of Oldham Town Borough when you have 4000 fans and they have 10, but it starts to even itself out as you get higher up. I also wonder how many airchair Reds walked to the ground in Bury as a novelty but won't be arsed making the journey to NH? They might be replaced, or they might not.

And what if these Red :censored:es manage to buy the Not For Sale club, "back for the fans," and issue official gold and green merchandising, do something about the debt, make a token ticket price reduction and generally make their fans feel like they aren't being rectally shafted at every stage (whilst shafting them in said manner, natch) - then aren't FSCUM just another none league team?

That's the bit that really amuses me, the idea that they have some unbroken emotional link to the area, despite of having been City Oldham heartland territory for the last century.

I can't see them carrying on rising effortlessly through the leagues anyway. Bit like Wimbledon, it's piss easy playing against the likes of Oldham Town Borough when you have 4000 fans and they have 10, but it starts to even itself out as you get higher up. I also wonder how many airchair Reds walked to the ground in Bury as a novelty but won't be arsed making the journey to NH? They might be replaced, or they might not.

And what if these Red :censored:es manage to buy the Not For Sale club, "back for the fans," and issue official gold and green merchandising, do something about the debt, make a token ticket price reduction and generally make their fans feel like they aren't being rectally shafted at every stage (whilst shafting them in said manner, natch) - then aren't FSCUM just another none league team?

Yeah some good points...

FC United, the Manchester United fans' breakaway club, has announced plans to build a new 5,000-capacity stadium costing about £3.5m.

The club said it hoped the council would contribute £650,000 towards its new home in Newton Heath.

Manchester City Council said it was considering funding options but had no defined figures.

Andy Walsh, FC United's general manager, said the new base would be "at the heart of the community".

"What we're hoping to do is develop a modest 5,000-capacity ground with community facilities, a new astro-turf pitch, refurbished sports, a community room to be used by people in the local area and offer other sporting opportunities on the site," he said.

'Truly community-based'

Manchester City Council leader Sir Richard Leese added that the club did a "fantastic job" within the community.

FC United, the Manchester United fans' breakaway club, has announced plans to build a new 5,000-capacity stadium costing about £3.5m.

The club said it hoped the council would contribute £650,000 towards its new home in Newton Heath.

Manchester City Council said it was considering funding options but had no defined figures.

Andy Walsh, FC United's general manager, said the new base would be "at the heart of the community".

"What we're hoping to do is develop a modest 5,000-capacity ground with community facilities, a new astro-turf pitch, refurbished sports, a community room to be used by people in the local area and offer other sporting opportunities on the site," he said.

'Truly community-based'

Manchester City Council leader Sir Richard Leese added that the club did a "fantastic job" within the community.

If the council fund it no doubt the council will own it ?

Is there a big waiting list for soccer pitches at other soccer domes ? Seems like five a side teams are going to be spoilt for choice soon...

Edited by oafc0000

Am I missing something or are some people on here claiming that FsCUM are increasing attendances year on year but then asking what their attendances actually are?

If people are going to state something as some sort of fact, shouldn't they actually know something about the real facts???

Bizzarest of bizzare behaviour! :huh::huh:

Am I missing something or are some people on here claiming that FsCUM are increasing attendances year on year but then asking what their attendances actually are?

If people are going to state something as some sort of fact, shouldn't they actually know something about the real facts???

Bizzarest of bizzare behaviour! :huh::huh:

I read a few articles that said they where... I just trusted it... Not all that bizarre...

Edited by oafc0000

This year the average is exactly 1,900 so far, taken from their website. Not a rapid drop, but steady drop, as don;t forget until this season they had been promoted every year. It seems the Green and Black has taken the focus from them as protest. SO I think they will forge closer links to the ones in red.

Probably about the same drop/slump as us TBH!

Team High Low Avge 07/08 +/-%

2008/9 FC United of Manchester (P) 3,719 1,550 2,152 2,086 3.2%

Team High Low Avge 06/07 +/-%

2007/8 FC United of Manchester (P) 3,348 1,558 2,086 2,581 -19.2%

Team High Low Avge 05/06 +/-%

2006/7 FC United of Manchester (P) 3,847 1,566 2,581 3,059 -15.6%

Team High Low Avge 04/05 +/-%

2005/6 FC United of Manchester 6,023 1,924 3,059 -

And Can I be the first to say that building a 5k seater is thr height of lack of ambition.... Adn makes no statement of intent to other clubs in the area...

Edited by singe

It doesn't really matter whether their attendances are increasing year on year or not. Unless they collapse altogether they would still be a significant threat. We could be playing them in 5 years...

They could in theory even be in a higher league than Latics in 5 years. :shock:

Anyone prepared to hedge their bets that FC United will have their new stadium up and running and we will be still be in a delabidated Boundary Park in 2013 after Failsworth falls through and plans for a new stadium on Saddleworth moor of an ambitious state of the art 8000 seater stadium are unveiled in the chron as Latics intend to move their for the start of 2017-18 season

Edited by GlossopLatic

Anyone prepared to hedge their bets that FC United will have their new stadium up and running and we will be still be in a delabidated Boundary Park in 2013 after Failsworth falls through and plans for a new stadium on Saddleworth moor of an ambitious state of the art 8000 seater stadium are unveiled in the chron as Latics intend to move their for the start of 2017-18 season

If I were guessing where teams would be in say five years...

Oldham: Failsworth falls through. TTA follow up on their earlier promise of downsizing Latics to become self-sufficient. We are struggling in the lower reaches of Division 4 in a stadium of two stands which is falling to pieces. TTA have long since left and we face iminent liquidation.

The team that loses to Durham City: Defunct, following of about 300 in a stadium they can't pay for. Get evicted, cease to exist.

Where are they building this stadium again?

Anyone prepared to hedge their bets that FC United will have their new stadium up and running and we will be asking them to groundshare having spent 3 years at Spotland in 2013...

Or...

If I were guessing where teams would be in say five years...

Oldham: Failsworth falls through. TTA follow up on their earlier promise of downsizing Latics to become self-sufficient. We are struggling in the lower reaches of the Blue Square Premier, and are finally relegated by Droylsden, in a 'home' game at Droylsden. TTA have long since left and we face imminent liquidation.

The team that loses to Durham City: Long defunct after the Glazers left the Red Soxx and the entire following return to Old Trafford. The Newton Heath Ground never happened, cos Ricky Hatton bought all the land and wouldn't sell it.

The Former Arab Emirate of Eastlands: struggling in the Championship in front of 16,000 in a stadium they bought off the council and now can't afford the payments on, after Garry Cook is sentenced to five years for corruption, the club are docked 40 points and the Arab owners leave vowing never to do business in Britain again.

<_<

Or...

<_<

Latics after succesive promotions win the Premiership and F.A Cup, the following year the Champions League, all this with the same management and only three additions to the current sqaud, Rooney, Torres and Drogba.

High season ticket prices at the improved 80,000 Failsworth stadium lead to some fans deserting for the newly formed AFC Athletic - who ground share with Chadderton.

Meanwhile Manchester United and City fans flock to Newton Heath and Failsworth using specially built Metrolink halts for 11am kick offs for FC United and 3 pm for Latics, pubs in between the stadiums do a roaring trade as fans walk from one ground to the other.

You see it all doesn't have to be gloom and doom if a little imagination is used. :grin:

Edited by BP1960

A lot of what follows has already been said but since this is a cut and paste job from the Citeh thread;

Have FC United somehow got a sugar daddy? Have they somehow managed to get promoted at least 4 divisions? FC united are currently nothing more than a glorified pub team. Bearing in mind they were created on the back of the Glazers taking over at the other united, do you think all their current fans will stay if the Glazers take their profit and run I don't, I think quite a few will go back to being armchair united supporters, (they would watch the games but they stopped going didn't they so are at the back of a queue) some will remain but not all. They are not going to get a whole bunch more fans if they get promoted to the conference- if you want to watch league football you'd be watching the teams in the league and judging by our attendances that isn't happening as much as usual.

FCUM have found their level- they aren't exactly setting their current league alight and were beaten by Durham City, at Gigg Lane, and Durham hadn't even drawn a game prior to that one. It makes sense for them to build a stadium in Manchester and I guess Newton Heath is a good location. It also makes sense for them to build it a certain size as the difference in cost between 4 sides with a capacity of 3000 and 4 sides with a capacity of 10000 won't be that much compared to the extra benefit- for example if they get to the first round of the cup where they might get to play someone who will bring more than one man and his dog. Anyone who thinks FCUM are a threat is more deluded than Citeh fans thinking they will have government (either ours or Abu Dhabi's) subsidised tickets. FCUM will only ever become a threat if some rich bloke buys them, or more likely one of their current fans becomes rich (which will probably mean winning the lottery) and gives them a sugar daddy and frankly since the odds of that are the same as similar happening to us (in fact we would have more chance as we have more fans than them) I wouldn't worry about them.

They managed to get 1900 fans at very cheap levels (although I bet probably quite expensive for their level), big whoop. We don't come anywhere near breaking even with double that and a very low budget for our level. We have people with some money behind us, they are financed by their fans. They've announced that they WANT to build a stadium in Newton heath, providing the council stump up around 35% of the cash. Does anyone believe Manchester council is going to afford that sort of cash to fund a football stadium- ROFL- Manchester council, like every other council in the country, has hardly got a pot to do the proverbial in. If they've got a spare £600k lying around it will be going on some public service, or stopping them from firing as many employees, not on some plastic stadium for a football club who are 2 or 3 levels below professional. I will believe FCUM are building a new stadium when they actually start building it not when its announced. After all as Oldham fans we ought to know as well as anyone how difficult it is to get a new stadium built and we have a lot more capability than some glorified pub team.

Honest question. Why are they a bunch of cocks?