Colin the Community Chap

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely sure that calling yourself "Seasider 71" is the best way if integrating with the locals! I do wish that anyone who comes on here in a vaguely official capacity would do so more openly.

Must admit that I was suprised at the name

Forgive me for perhaps speaking out of turn - but Colin (the "community chap") is one of the most dedicated people I know. He works tirelessly for the community (and the club!) to help people have a better situation in life.

For example, he's running the London marathon for charity and in doing so promoting a club with a frankly terrible public image right now.

What do you want him to do? End all his posts with "I'M THE COMMUNITY GUY! NEVER FORGET THAT!!" ??

Get real.

Do you have a genuine complaint to make against the guy or are you just spouting drivel?

Forgive me for perhaps speaking out of turn - but Colin (the "community chap") is one of the most dedicated people I know. He works tirelessly for the community (and the club!) to help people have a better situation in life.

For example, he's running the London marathon for charity and in doing so promoting a club with a frankly terrible public image right now.

What do you want him to do? End all his posts with "I'M THE COMMUNITY GUY! NEVER FORGET THAT!!" ??

Get real.

Do you have a genuine complaint to make against the guy or are you just spouting drivel?

Well bollox to that - I'm struggling to believe you even wrote it. I've never met the man and I've no reason to believe he is anything other than a hard working, dedicated individual doing an important job - one which I think is vital to this club having any future whatsoever which you would know if you read most of my posts on here which are usually to do with the long term.

I do strongly feel however that people's views on here carry infinitely more weight if it is clear who they are and that includes directors, trust directors, club staff and anyone else you would care to name whose post is more than one individual's view.

There is no concept of this being a "complaint against the guy" but I don't think it's drivel.

Put up a link to his charity page for the marathon and I'll happily sponsor him.

Frankly to say that Colin's chosen name on here has made it difficult for him to "integrate with the locals" is farcical and to argue that his opinion is devalued because he's not made his identity clear is just as ridiculous.

If he was abusing his anonymity then you may just about have a point. But as it is you simply don't. I fear you have an agenda in some capacity and this is simply an extension of that.

As for your generous offer to sponsor Colin; you can find out more, including a link to the Just Giving page, here: http://www.stroke.org.uk/in_your_area/engl...chaddy_run.html

Frankly to say that Colin's chosen name on here has made it difficult for him to "integrate with the locals" is farcical and to argue that his opinion is devalued because he's not made his identity clear is just as ridiculous.

If he was abusing his anonymity then you may just about have a point. But as it is you simply don't. I fear you have an agenda in some capacity and this is simply an extension of that.

As for your generous offer to sponsor Colin; you can find out more, including a link to the Just Giving page, here: http://www.stroke.org.uk/in_your_area/engl...chaddy_run.html

+1

Nothing more needs to be said.

Oh, and his mobile number is on their - why not give him a call and ensure you know what he's doing today - we don't want any secrecy now, do we?

Get her.

This community guy, I'm guessing his role is to improve the image of OAFC in the community, generating more public interest in the team, getting more bums on seats?

Quite ironic really seeing as he quite openly puts his team on this MB as Southend United.

Don't support United, come and support Oldham! Me? Pfah yeah right, I'll be down at Roots Hall. Anyway, do as I say and not as I do!

E4e

WEIRD

Get her.

This community guy, I'm guessing his role is to improve the image of OAFC in the community, generating more public interest in the team, getting more bums on seats?

Quite ironic really seeing as he quite openly puts his team on this MB as Southend United.

Don't support United, come and support Oldham! Me? Pfah yeah right, I'll be down at Roots Hall. Anyway, do as I say and not as I do!

E4e

WEIRD

To be fair, if we only hired Oldham fans I'd be player manager.

Get her.

E4e

WEIRD

If he kept it quiet people would say "he's not an oldham fan, but doesn't admit it - deceitful if you ask me, can't trust him". I think having the best person for the job is a far more professional way to do things rather than well-meaning latics fans who may not be the most capable. Isn't that what many people have been suggesting the club should be doing?

It's really just a storm in a tea-cup, and should really have been done by pm rather than a thread. I hardly think he's likely to be at roots hall every game.

Get her.

E4e

WEIRD

This is local club for local people.

I give up.

Not entirely sure that calling yourself "Seasider 71" is the best way if integrating with the locals! I do wish that anyone who comes on here in a vaguely official capacity would do so more openly.

Colin is a Southend fan and born in 1971.... so his MB log in reflects that just like New York Boss reflects that TTA are based in NYC ..

So what is your point????

I think Daves point is this is a fans forum and anyone connected with the club should make that clear. I would hardly call it drivel.

Stirring the pot again are we???

I maintain it's just moaning for moaning's sake, like about nine tenths of this board these days.

agree, where will people moan soon???

And just when you think things can`t get anymore pathetic .... this thread comes along!

agree again

Well bollox to that - I'm struggling to believe you even wrote it. I've never met the man and I've no reason to believe he is anything other than a hard working, dedicated individual doing an important job - one which I think is vital to this club having any future whatsoever which you would know if you read most of my posts on here which are usually to do with the long term.

I do strongly feel however that people's views on here carry infinitely more weight if it is clear who they are and that includes directors, trust directors, club staff and anyone else you would care to name whose post is more than one individual's view.

There is no concept of this being a "complaint against the guy" but I don't think it's drivel.

Put up a link to his charity page for the marathon and I'll happily sponsor him.

Been on Owtb for a few days Link to Help Chaddy

We have a "community guy" ?

yep, sure your Dad and Sis know him !!

Colin does not work for Oldham Athletic, his role is to help the community and does not take any money from OAFC ....only giving money, time and facilities to the club

Am I missing something?

Off the top of my head

Newyorkboss is on here and said who he is

Chaddy the Owl is on here and said who he is

Seasiders71 is on here and said who he is

Broady is on here and said who he is

Barry Owen uses his own name

Wardle is a trust director and has said so along with a number of others whose names I can't think of at the moment.

Also Ackey used the name webmonkey when he was employed by the club.

I really don't understand the point

Oh and someone told me this was just a message board.

Strange!

Oh, and his mobile number is on their - why not give him a call and ensure you know what he's doing today - we don't want any secrecy now, do we?

Oh FFS. Perhaps I need to master the emoticon (except life's too short) but I always understood that a '!' at the end of the sentence indicated a certain amoun of the tongue was in one's cheek. My immediate thought was Blackpool rather than Southend but frankly I couldn't give a tuppeny eiither way. Do please tell me what my "agenda" is; I'd be fascaanted, potentially.

Am I missing something?

Off the top of my head

Newyorkboss is on here and said who he is

Chaddy the Owl is on here and said who he is

Seasiders71 is on here and said who he is

Broady is on here and said who he is

Barry Owen uses his own name

Wardle is a trust director and has said so along with a number of others whose names I can't think of at the moment.

Also Ackey used the name webmonkey when he was employed by the club.

I really don't understand the point

Oh and someone told me this was just a message board.

Strange!

Yeah, but who the hell are you!?!?!?! :wink::)