Not sure if anyone else saw what happened with Gregan in the 2nd half, but basically someone around where I sat had made a comment about our second half "performance" and a (very rare) slip up he made. Gregan heard this and made some comment back in our general direction. Cue a few more comments/verbals!

Anyway, come the end of the match and whilst Penney was scurrying back up the steps as quick as his legs could carry the useless waste of space, Gregan made a point of coming over and offering his apologies. For all that is said about players not caring, this clearly doesn't apply to Greegs and you could tell he was hurting at yet another abject display but he wanted to make amends for the minor spat with the fans'.

I just wanted to take my hat off to Greegs and it shows the quality of a man to be able to step up and apologise. If the TTA want an interim boss, we could do worse than give it Gregan as Player-Manager. He'd take no prisoners on or off the field!

If penney is to go I wouldn't give the job to a play who we need to be on the field for the last 2 months of a season. Nothing against gregan but I'd rather him have his eye on the game rather than extra pressure.

Wasn't the 3rd goal his fault? Plus where was he for their first?

He has been our player of the season but not his greatest game tonight.

every good player is allowe one or two off games a season

as opposed to whittacker having one or two good games a season

I like Gregan obviously and he is professional to to the core, but I have posted a number of times now. This is the Captain, he cannot rally the troops on the pitch, so there is nothing to suspect he can off it.

We don't know ho wthe players respect Dux and Philli, so will have to leave it to the powers that be.

Not sure if anyone else saw what happened with Gregan in the 2nd half, but basically someone around where I sat had made a comment about our second half "performance" and a (very rare) slip up he made. Gregan heard this and made some comment back in our general direction. Cue a few more comments/verbals!

Anyway, come the end of the match and whilst Penney was scurrying back up the steps as quick as his legs could carry the useless waste of space, Gregan made a point of coming over and offering his apologies. For all that is said about players not caring, this clearly doesn't apply to Greegs and you could tell he was hurting at yet another abject display but he wanted to make amends for the minor spat with the fans'.

I just wanted to take my hat off to Greegs and it shows the quality of a man to be able to step up and apologise. If the TTA want an interim boss, we could do worse than give it Gregan as Player-Manager. He'd take no prisoners on or off the field!

Echo the sentiments both yours and others on this thread regarding his character. I saw Gregan come over and point at himself with two hands, which in my opinion, inidicated that he was shouldering the blame for the defeat. The two hundred or so left in the Chaddy at this time applauded his effort and honesty.

Without Gregan (and Abbott's goals) we'd be a more expensive version of Stockport this season.

Echo the sentiments both yours and others on this thread regarding his character. I saw Gregan come over and point at himself with two hands, which in my opinion, inidicated that he was shouldering the blame for the defeat. The two hundred or so left in the Chaddy at this time applauded his effort and honesty.

Without Gregan (and Abbott's goals) we'd be a more expensive version of Stockport this season.

Without this turning into a Gregan Love-In; I have to say he has been head & shoulders above every single of his team-mates this season & is most deserving of the extra 1 year deal. Quite simply we'd have been absolutely screwed without him this season.

Sitting where I do; I too sort of heard Greegs' apologies as he approached the steps. Couldn't quite hear it all but it was along the lines of 'my fault for 2'.........

Looking at the BBC highlights; I'd actually say that Reuben was at fault; marking wise, for the 1st & 2nd goals as he let MacDonald get free to take the cross on the volley (Lomax should never have let the cross come in either) and then lost Pim Balkstein from the free Kick for the 2nd.

The 3rd; IMO was pretty poor from both our CB's.

Greegs appears to blame himself for 2; I'd say only 1 - but fair play for holding his hands up

This only makes me like the man more, showing some passion with regards to having a pop back - rightly or wrongly, apologies at the end and owning up to the errors if they were indeed his.

This is a team effort, our defence has at least kept us from being further down the table and keeping some of our losses with repectable scorelines. I really dread to think where in the table we could be now without their efforts this season

Just wish Greegs could lift the team like Steve Gerrard and the team want to play for him just as much as DP - shame

This only makes me like the man more, showing some passion with regards to having a pop back - rightly or wrongly, apologies at the end and owning up to the errors if they were indeed his.

This is a team effort, our defence has at least kept us from being further down the table and keeping some of our losses with repectable scorelines. I really dread to think where in the table we could be now without their efforts this season

Just wish Greegs could lift the team like Steve Gerrard and the team want to play for him just as much as DP - shame

I again refer to Matt Upson's comments when he said that he would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to have a go at the team.

In this case, I would rather have players playing for my club who are passionate enough to have a go back at us. Unfortunately, though, Gregan is the only one who seems to have said passion.

He'll do for me.

I again refer to Matt Upson's comments when he said that he would rather play for a set of fans passionate enough to have a go at the team.

In this case, I would rather have players playing for my club who are passionate enough to have a go back at us. Unfortunately, though, Gregan is the only one who seems to have said passion.

He'll do for me.

Yet Lee, some of them can't hack it. Re tonight's Chris Taylor interview in the Chronicle.

Quote "Speaking for myself, I am a bit worried sometimes going out on to the

pitch," said the frank 23-year-old, who is playing through what he feels is

a restrictive injury around his groin and hamstring. "You hear the fans

after you make a mistake and sometimes it does get to you when you are on

the ball. “You have to try to ignore it, get on with it and do your job to

get out of this situation. "There are a lot of nervous players, you can

tell that. They aren't playing with the level of confidence that allows them

to show that they are good players. Unquote

I don't think any pro under the age of 30 has been given the coping skills to deal with a hostile crowd.

Your players/team are asking for a bit of leeway how about we try for just one game to give them one last chance?

Saw and heard the whole incident

There were a few shouts from the Chaddy, which I couldn't make out so can't be sure if they were personal at Gregan or at the team in general. Gregs reacted with a verbal volley back in the direction of those shouting out. He was wound up, probably because he had cocked up and was peed off at himself more than anything.

At the final whistle he was straight over to the Chaddy and IMO was apologising for his outburst, banging the badge on his shirt and saying it was from the heart for us the fans.

Clearly the man is giving his all and his passion is showing. His legs may not be as quick as they once were, but his brain and his heart are still eveident.

Even if it overflowed on this occassion, I'm sure 99% of supporters would rather see this passion and feeling for the club from our players

Saw and heard the whole incident

There were a few shouts from the Chaddy, which I couldn't make out so can't be sure if they were personal at Gregan or at the team in general. Gregs reacted with a verbal volley back in the direction of those shouting out. He was wound up, probably because he had cocked up and was peed off at himself more than anything.

At the final whistle he was straight over to the Chaddy and IMO was apologising for his outburst, banging the badge on his shirt and saying it was from the heart for us the fans.

Clearly the man is giving his all and his passion is showing. His legs may not be as quick as they once were, but his brain and his heart are still eveident.

Even if it overflowed on this occassion, I'm sure 99% of supporters would rather see this passion and feeling for the club from our players

Exactly Harry, that kind of passion brings a tear of pride to my eye too.

I just don't understand why its missing at times from the others. Fear of the BP crowd? Yet young Kirk/eaves showing the same touches of pride on Tues too.

Wish that kind of pride was contagious