Pay what you want

To the stayaways  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If the club said pay what you want on the gate, would you return?

• Yes
    • No

Yeah, and how many times this season have I left BP or other grounds feeling like I have been short changed.... Too many times, I only posted this after reading on FSF that it had been done at Mansfield earlier this season and was fairly successful, the club have tried the 3 4 £30 and was it 2 4 1, I am sure we can agree that something needs to be done whether it be to draw the crowds back or most importantly sort the performances out on the park in whatever way. I went Saturday, did I think it was a good performance? No but it was a much needed 3 points, it isn't the first time you have had a pop at me and I have ignored it up until now that is, hence my response.

It wasn't meant as a pop - I genuinely wondered whether this might be tongue in cheek - pay what you think it's worth for the garbage served up week after week this season.

And, I absolutely agree that attendences will have to addressed if this club is going to survive beyond the next few years. However, from where I'm standing (in big red clown shoes), this absolutely won't do the trick. Sadly, I imagine that booting out yet another poor manager is the only way to start doing so.

It wasn't meant as a pop - I genuinely wondered whether this might be tongue in cheek - pay what you think it's worth for the garbage served up week after week this season.

And, I absolutely agree that attendences will have to addressed if this club is going to survive beyond the next few years. However, from where I'm standing (in big red clown shoes), this absolutely won't do the trick. Sadly, I imagine that booting out yet another poor manager is the only way to start doing so.

That was just the way it felt that was all Stevie, I retract the 'clown' comment then.

I have no other alternative solution other than the one you and many others have stated, all contributing factors added together points to one man and one man only, will he be asked to leave by mutual consent time will only tell, will they get rid because of fans pressure or will they see something needs to be done or will they even say' you have a 2 year deal, we will not be renewing when your contract is nearing the end, something for Dave to ponder on next season as to how he goes into next season, maybe something has already been said...... who knows....

The interesting thing here is the 35% that won't come back at all.

So at the moment 65% people will return under the circumstances that they will probably pay less than the going rate at the moment. It's a non-starter.

That was just the way it felt that was all Stevie, I retract the 'clown' comment then.

I have no other alternative solution other than the one you and many others have stated, all contributing factors added together points to one man and one man only, will he be asked to leave by mutual consent time will only tell, will they get rid because of fans pressure or will they see something needs to be done or will they even say' you have a 2 year deal, we will not be renewing when your contract is nearing the end, something for Dave to ponder on next season as to how he goes into next season, maybe something has already been said...... who knows....

they need to restructure the prices in line with current market forces and other entertainment outlets,then ask the question is it value for money,then realise we are still in a recession...

then they have to see how many season tickets we sell at current prices...

i think realistically £15 is enough for this division for pay on the day,by all means charge away fans 20,but home fans need an incentive...kids under 10 go free with an adult and kids 16 and under keep it at £3...

they need to realise there are other alternatives to football that are cheaper and more entertaining

they need to restructure the prices in line with current market forces and other entertainment outlets,then ask the question is it value for money,then realise we are still in a recession...

then they have to see how many season tickets we sell at current prices...

i think realistically £15 is enough for this division for pay on the day,by all means charge away fans 20,but home fans need an incentive...kids under 10 go free with an adult and kids 16 and under keep it at £3...

they need to realise there are other alternatives to football that are cheaper and more entertaining

I'm sure they realise Ed that there are cheaper alternatives to football, unlike the 'big 4' we don't have a fan base of where season tickets are dead mans shoes so to speak. I won't be renewing next season because I have missed too many Tuesday night and cancelled Saturday matches so I shall just be paying the £20 or the offers that have been put out this season, I suppose its like a scarecrow having a w*** (clutching at straws) as to how we can boost attendances, what gets me though is that aren't any drums being banged within the club at the moment. Have they given up on this season. There have been times this season when I haven't been able to attend and I HAVEN'T been able to GIVE my st away!!!! What does that tell you.....

How to grow attendaces:

1) Make the product on the pitch exciting.

2) Innovative and ongoing marketing that brings new faces to BP and progresses them, over time, to season tickets.

Simples.

(2) on its own is actually counter-productive. Bring more people in to watch :censored:e means more people refusing to return.

Edited by opinions4u

Wouldn't make a different...Exeter £2...any other game free...would barely do anything above what we got for the Exeter game...

If we are going to Failsworth (reluctantly) at least keeping us competitive would be acceptable. Instead, something that wasn't working well has been broken completely. Worryingly, irreparably...next we'll be suggesting paying fans to come.