Pay what you want

To the stayaways  

69 members have voted

1. 1. If the club said pay what you want on the gate, would you return?

• Yes
    • No

Seeing as the attendance on Tuesday was as low as it has been since 1986 would it be possible for the club to allow fans to pay what they want to get in? As we all know it is Easter bank holiday weekend and many people are off for 4 days. It is just another way of maybe having a bumper crowd for a match where there seems to be a fair amount of people going to really get behind the team on Saturday, more the merrier and all that....... Anyway, just a thought and could easily be set up with virtually no notice needed other than on the official site & in tonights Chron.... It would either be a huge success or a total failure dependant on the teams performance, I for one hope that it would be a huge success..... Thoughts please :wink:

Edited by tangerinedreams

Seeing as the attendance on Tuesday was as low as it has been since 1986 would it be possible for the club to allow fans to pay what they want to get in? As we all know it is Easter bank holiday weekend and many people are off for 4 days. It is just another way of maybe having a bumper crowd for a match where there seems to be a fair amount of people going to really get behind the team on Saturday, more the merrier and all that....... Anyway, just a thought and could easily be set up with virtually no notice needed other than on the official site & in tonights Chron.... It would either be a huge success or a total failure dependant on the teams performance, I for one hope that it would be a huge success..... Thoughts please :wink:

I wouldn't say fair amount Paul. A couple yes, and that's only due to a free pie lol.

Bit late to publish it in tonights chron, already been printed :wink:

It is a good idea though, but would maybe use it for the Brizzle rovers or southend home game

Edited by RobOAFC

I wouldn't say fair amount Paul. A couple yes, and that's only due to a free pie lol.

:lol:

However, I don't think this will go ahead, policing costs/ stewarding costs etc etc and offset against what it will cost will not be cost effective, but, I ask how many extra would this generate in the attendance? If they don't try it they'll never know, I thought about this after reading the FSF last night and how it happened at Mansfield and what a difference it made to their attendance, maybe put a minimum charge of £5, even if I didn't go as I do I think I would be tempted at the offer, would it bring the stayaways back? That I do not know.

:lol:

However, I don't think this will go ahead, policing costs/ stewarding costs etc etc and offset against what it will cost will not be cost effective, but, I ask how many extra would this generate in the attendance? If they don't try it they'll never know, I thought about this after reading the FSF last night and how it happened at Mansfield and what a difference it made to their attendance, maybe put a minimum charge of £5, even if I didn't go as I do I think I would be tempted at the offer, would it bring the stayaways back? That I do not know.

How many more times do we have to say the same thing..........after several months of the same, people will not pay to watch :censored:e!!!!!!!

Are you a stayaway?

Yes I am................I have been out of work so it was originally partly down to finances but in truth I haven't missed it one little bit, every match I have been to this season has been bloody dire and I will not go again while this muppet is in charge!!

Yes I am................I have been out of work so it was originally partly down to finances but in truth I haven't missed it one little bit, every match I have been to this season has been bloody dire and I will not go again while this muppet is in charge!!

so does this mean you wont be there saturday??

The club would fold in no time as no money would be generated. I'm happy to pay £20 a game, it's not an issue for me. I just don't want to go. It's not a good place to go to yet STILL nothing is being done about it.

The whole atmosphere stinks but no one is doing anything to change it.

I had a free ticket for the Brentford game, I still didn't go. I might give it a go next season, new start and all that.

I was offered a free ticket today but I didn't want to go and although we scraped a much needed win, as usual I didn't miss much.

Something needs to happen in the summer as regards the backroom staff as another season like this could quite easily finish the club!!!!

The cost of a ticket to see Latics is the only thing that stops me going nowadays. Obviously if were playing better football and are higher up the table im going to make more of an effort to work it into my budget but otherwise its just too expensive.

Is this a joke? You think this could be commercially viable? And with the current shower of :censored:e on the pitch?

Does it sound like a joke!!! Commercially viable? Seeing as over 60% has said yes they would return and word of mouth to fans who aren't on this board or choose not to due to moronic comments like yours. Clown.

Does it sound like a joke!!! Commercially viable? Seeing as over 60% has said yes they would return and word of mouth to fans who aren't on this board or choose not to due to moronic comments like yours. Clown.

We lose money with fans paying £20 a match and having crowds touching 6,000. Havng fans pay what you want would be even worse, how many would pay £20? Would any pay more?

A welcoming atmosphere and a good product on the pitch and I'll be there paying full whack. You couldn't give me a ticket right now. I don't enjoy going to games, give me a reason to enjoy it!!

We lose money with fans paying £20 a match and having crowds touching 6,000. Havng fans pay what you want would be even worse, how many would pay £20? Would any pay more?

A welcoming atmosphere and a good product on the pitch and I'll be there paying full whack. You couldn't give me a ticket right now. I don't enjoy going to games, give me a reason to enjoy it!!

It worked quite well for Mansfield earlier in the season, why wouldn't it work for us? I can't imagine their atmosphere being electric and the performance on the park being that of world class, can you?

It worked quite well for Mansfield earlier in the season, why wouldn't it work for us? I can't imagine their atmosphere being electric and the performance on the park being that of world class, can you?

Because we were losing money with 6000 fans paying nearly £20 a game. It would get people through the gates perhaps but we would lose so much money the owners would either have to fund the extra loses or cut the budget further. It's an idea but it wouldn't work in League 1 at all.

It's not the prices that are an issue as I said I'll pay £20 a game. The club and the fans need to work on getting BP/New Stadium a good place to go. Everyone is against one another, fighting amongst themselves and everyone seems complacent that this carries on.

The club and fans need to improve their behaviour, have more respect for one another and the team needs to play football.

If the worst was to happen and we got relegated.....Would matchday prices be lowered?

Anyone any idea of the average price of admission to league 2 games?

Maybe rockylatic could help us out on this one.

A decrease in income inevitably leads to a lower playing budget and us having to look at a lower calibre of player ( hard to imagine in some cases )

That's why IMO its essential we stay up by whatever means possible.

If the worst was to happen and we got relegated.....Would matchday prices be lowered?

Anyone any idea of the average price of admission to league 2 games?

Maybe rockylatic could help us out on this one.

A decrease in income inevitably leads to a lower playing budget and us having to look at a lower calibre of player ( hard to imagine in some cases )

That's why IMO its essential we stay up by whatever means possible.

£17 behind the pegs.

:lol: Grow a pair, eh?

The vast majority of fans turning up currently feel like they haven't had their money's worth all season and many of those now staying away would feel they were "owed" one. I suspect a great many would contribute zilch on their way out of the ground, regardless of the performance or result on the day.

You think that the 60% vote demonstrates that the idea is commercially sound but describe my comments as moronic? Well, it only says they'd return, not that they'd pay and the proof would be in the pudding.

:lol: Grow a pair, eh?

The vast majority of fans turning up currently feel like they haven't had their money's worth all season and many of those now staying away would feel they were "owed" one. I suspect a great many would contribute zilch on their way out of the ground, regardless of the performance or result on the day.

You think that the 60% vote demonstrates that the idea is commercially sound but describe my comments as moronic? Well, it only says they'd return, not that they'd pay and the proof would be in the pudding.

Yeah, and how many times this season have I left BP or other grounds feeling like I have been short changed.... Too many times, I only posted this after reading on FSF that it had been done at Mansfield earlier this season and was fairly successful, the club have tried the 3 4 £30 and was it 2 4 1, I am sure we can agree that something needs to be done whether it be to draw the crowds back or most importantly sort the performances out on the park in whatever way. I went Saturday, did I think it was a good performance? No but it was a much needed 3 points, it isn't the first time you have had a pop at me and I have ignored it up until now that is, hence my response.