the next 3 points will be too late!

Looking at the fixtures the only 3 points I think we will get is at home to Southend. The rest of the fixtures look too hard (for thsi team) and our bogey team Bristol Rovers is the next home game, I can't see us escaping :unsure: . Specially when we haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game all season. Our only hope is the teams around us mess up too (he's to wishful thinking).

Looking at the fixtures the only 3 points I think we will get is at home to Southend. The rest of the fixtures look too hard (for thsi team) and our bogey team Bristol Rovers is the next home game, I can't see us escaping :unsure: . Specially when we haven't scored more than 2 goals in a game all season. Our only hope is the teams around us mess up too (he's to wishful thinking).

I would pretty much agree. I said the games against Brentford and Gillingham could prove crucial because the remaining fixtures look pretty bloody tough. We knicked it today and that might just be the difference between staying up or being relegated but I can see us being dragged in and having to get a result in the final game against Charlton. Eek!

Not that survival will be enough to save Penney's job.

I would pretty much agree. I said the games against Brentford and Gillingham could prove crucial because the remaining fixtures look pretty bloody tough. We knicked it today and that might just be the difference between staying up or being relegated but I can see us being dragged in and having to get a result in the final game against Charlton. Eek!

Not that survival will be enough to save Penney's job.

I think if we do get relegated - Penney will stay. He knows this division as well as anyone and we have division 3 players anyway, Colbeck & Purdie to name a few. Oh I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was sold cheaply as well. ~£200k.

I think if we do get relegated - Penney will stay. He knows this division as well as anyone and we have division 3 players anyway, Colbeck & Purdie to name a few. Oh I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was sold cheaply as well. ~£200k.

WOW! I'd like to see the attendances if that's true.

I doubt very much anyone would pay 200k for taylor.The lad is embarassingly poor.

It struck me when the storm in the teacup over, "Notmustwingamesgate," blew up that Penney probably didn't want to give the impression that he thought we were going to get hammered in the last few matches. We can pick up points from these to keep us up, who knows which games, the other sides have tough matches as well. Let's not roll over and die on account of the other sides' name.

WOW! I'd like to see the attendances if that's true.

I think it will be a price the TTA will pay, money talks. Penney contract can't be cheap to cancel. And there was talk a couple a seasons ago that it would have been better if we did get relegated -I forgotten who said it though.

I think it will be a price the TTA will pay, money talks. Penney contract can't be cheap to cancel. And there was talk a couple a seasons ago that it would have been better if we did get relegated -I forgotten who said it though.

Nice one, take a vague quote out of context! What support.

Incidentally it was an ex manager.

It struck me when the storm in the teacup over, "Notmustwingamesgate," blew up that Penney probably didn't want to give the impression that he thought we were going to get hammered in the last few matches. We can pick up points from these to keep us up, who knows which games, the other sides have tough matches as well. Let's not roll over and die on account of the other sides' name.

An interesting twist on notmustwingamesgate tonight in Penney's post-match interview. Turns out that today was a must win game because of Gillingham's position next to us in the table. Makes me wonder if we'd have drawn or lost he'd go back to his analogy of only must win games being at the end of the season where you need three points to stay up...

An interesting twist on notmustwingamesgate tonight in Penney's post-match interview. Turns out that today was a must win game because of Gillingham's position next to us in the table. Makes me wonder if we'd have drawn or lost he'd go back to his analogy of only must win games being at the end of the season where you need three points to stay up...

A fair point. I don't think PR is Penney's strong point. But what is?

keep that dunkirk spirit going eh... the fat lady also has tonsilitus...

I thought it was Blitz or Corney - when confronted by a fan? :wink:

Yeah well, what you "thought" was wrong. Neither Blitz, nor even Corney is daft enough to have said something like that.

["But in it he said, "In hindsight it would have been better for me personally if we had been relegated last year, because I wouldn't have got the blame and I would have had a season to rebuild."]

Talbot.

I hadn't checked before correcting you earlier, but I've just googled it- oldham better relegated - is all you need to find the truth.

Maybe you should check the fixtures of the other teams before you comment, along with other pertinent issues, in future? Pesky facts might trip you over and leave you flat on your face again.

Thought broady did well again today after the initial unfair stick he got. I needed subtitles though to understand haining :grin:

True, I asked for more interviews with the players, I guess Broady can only work with what he is given, some people will be easier to interview than others. Today wasn't an easy day.

Orient are in freefall...long may it continue

There are ways round this though

We offer him x amount to go, an amount that is significantly lower than canceling his contract (assuming that there are no clauses in the contract that have been met which means we can get rid on the cheap) in return for calling it mutual consent. Win win in the sense that

- Would save us a subsantial amount on compensation

- Looks a hell of alot better than a sacking on Penney and co's CV

If we have to sack him and pay him off in full, lose lose in the sense that

- We would be significantly out of pocket

- Penney and co would in all fairness probably struggle to get another job at this level for a good while.

Regardless though, I think this discussion is best saved until we know for certain what division we are playing in next season

Regardless though, I think this discussion is best saved until we know for certain what division we are playing in next season

Unless there is a big personality ready to come in (I am thinking Gannon) I think that is now the case after managing to pick up three points yesterday.

There are ways round this though

We offer him x amount to go, an amount that is significantly lower than canceling his contract (assuming that there are no clauses in the contract that have been met which means we can get rid on the cheap) in return for calling it mutual consent. Win win in the sense that

- Would save us a subsantial amount on compensation

- Looks a hell of alot better than a sacking on Penney and co's CV

If we have to sack him and pay him off in full, lose lose in the sense that

- We would be significantly out of pocket

- Penney and co would in all fairness probably struggle to get another job at this level for a good while.

I would imagine that the discussion will be largely unaffected by what division we find ourselves in. He's a goner, regardless.