The football league twerps

Wrote a huge email this afternoon to them, complaining about the fixture list we got served up.

Out of the current top 7, we've played 5! away from home on a Tuesday night. Millwall, Leeds, Huddersfield, Swindon, and Southampton.

Now how before the season started could this have not been noticed, its hard enough playing them at the best of times, but in the dark of a night, after a long coach journey its going to make matters even worse.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrote a huge email this afternoon to them, complaining about the fixture list we got served up.

Out of the current top 7, we've played 5! away from home on a Tuesday night. Millwall, Leeds, Huddersfield, Swindon, and Southampton.

Now how before the season started could this have not been noticed, its hard enough playing them at the best of times, but in the dark of a night, after a long coach journey its going to make matters even worse.

Are you really real?

Haven't got time to check, but of all the other 16 clubs that have played the top 7 away, i'm sure most won't have had night matches against them, i'm guessing 2 is the next highest someone has had, if that even, despite that we've had 5! Unbelievable.

Huddersfield was moved under police orders and we were due to play Southampton on a saturday before they got to the Paint Trophy Final so it's only 3 really.

What a waste of time and a really long email.

Haven't got time to check, but of all the other 16 clubs that have played the top 7 away, i'm sure most won't have had night matches against them, i'm guessing 2 is the next highest someone has had, if that even, despite that we've had 5! Unbelievable.

lolcat.jpg

now this is only a guess so if am wrong dont lynch me but maybe the reason they didnt notice was because at the beginning of the season those 5 teams werent in the top 7. now i may be miles off here and they might have actually worked out every result and fixed it jus to disadvantage little old oldham or it might just have been the way the fixtures happened to fall

now this is only a guess so if am wrong dont lynch me but maybe the reason they didnt notice was because at the beginning of the season those 5 teams werent in the top 7. now i may be miles off here and they might have actually worked out every result and fixed it jus to disadvantage little old oldham or it might just have been the way the fixtures happened to fall

I'd suggest mocking above logic...

Are you really real?

Yer, if you don't believe me check the official site, we played 5 of them as i said on a Tuesday night, August, February (x2), April (x2), check on soccerbase too, just gives you the date though, we've played 5 on a tuesday night im not lying.

I dont know if a computer takes e-mails seriously, since its a computer that comes up with the fixtures.

Also southampton was moved from a saturday & hudders was moved from easter monday at 3pm.

Also, its up to the club to confirm they are happy with the fixtures and dates, so might be better complaining to them?

Yer, if you don't believe me check the official site, we played 5 of them as i said on a Tuesday night, August, February (x2), April (x2), check on soccerbase too, just gives you the date though, we've played 5 on a tuesday night im not lying.

lolcat-funny-picture-found-pills-ate-eat

Huddersfield was moved under police orders and we were due to play Southampton on a saturday before they got to the Paint Trophy Final so it's only 3 really.

What a waste of time and a really long email.

But surely, why would you put a local derby on Easter Monday, it was obvious it would be moved as all Huddersfield's Easter Monday games are. Especially seeing as we had others schdueled for night games they could have taken this into consideration. Southampton? One of the best teams in the lower leagues, been to the FA Cup final as recent as 2003, obviously got a great chance to make the JPT final, was probably expected, so why put our game on that weekend, knowing full well again it would be a Tuesday night game, yet again more forward planning, more i think about it, the more we have been fixed up here.

Pretty obvious they where going to be though wasn't it, while they had more chance than every one else as they are 5 of the best teams in this league. Fixtures happened to fall just like that? Too much of a coincidence for that.

Pretty obvious they where going to be though wasn't it, while they had more chance than every one else as they are 5 of the best teams in this league. Fixtures happened to fall just like that? Too much of a coincidence for that.

funny-pictures-cat-has-list.jpg

ALSO, i think the swindon game got moved from saturday 3rd january i think due to them being in the FA cup third round

Oh great, a league one team against league two crap, and non league otters, again pretty obvious they would make the third round, and hence our game be played on the Tuesday night, the football league give them Wrexham & Woking ffs just to make sure!

If it was a huge email perhapw thy have put off reading it till tommorow or some time after the end of the season...

Oh great, a league one team against league two crap, and non league otters, again pretty obvious they would make the third round, and hence our game be played on the Tuesday night, the football league give them Wrexham & Woking ffs just to make sure!

Well thats how the fixtures fall, and no not pretty obvious they would make the 3rd round, tbh they could say the same about us - league one side, they expect us to make the 3rd round.

Please stop moaning at anything you can, 2 of the games moved onto tuesday had to be moved. Also hudders aint far away on a coach so no point moaning about that..

Also noticed you decide to ignore my first post..

I dont know if a computer takes e-mails seriously, since its a computer that comes up with the fixtures.

Also southampton was moved from a saturday & hudders was moved from easter monday at 3pm.

Also, its up to the club to confirm they are happy with the fixtures and dates, so might be better complaining to them?

But surely, why would you put a local derby on Easter Monday, it was obvious it would be moved as all Huddersfield's Easter Monday games are. Especially seeing as we had others schdueled for night games they could have taken this into consideration. Southampton? One of the best teams in the lower leagues, been to the FA Cup final as recent as 2003, obviously got a great chance to make the JPT final, was probably expected, so why put our game on that weekend, knowing full well again it would be a Tuesday night game, yet again more forward planning, more i think about it, the more we have been fixed up here.

Right Millwall may have been moved for police reasons as Hughesy didn't leave the club until after the fixtures came out, I think and I can see what with some of the problems we've had with Millwall recently it was made midweek for a reason. Leeds and Huddersfield- long coach journeys don't make me laugh, half our squad probably live closer to those two grounds than Oldham anyway, and both of those were due to police advice. Swindon was rearranged from a Saturday as they were in the cup as was Southampton. The fact that those teams are in the top 7 now is simply coincidence.

I notice how you came up with this now and not when you were calling for Penney's head.

Right Millwall may have been moved for police reasons as Hughesy didn't leave the club until after the fixtures came out, I think and I can see what with some of the problems we've had with Millwall recently it was made midweek for a reason. Leeds and Huddersfield- long coach journeys don't make me laugh, half our squad probably live closer to those two grounds than Oldham anyway, and both of those were due to police advice. Swindon was rearranged from a Saturday as they were in the cup as was Southampton. The fact that those teams are in the top 7 now is simply coincidence.

I notice how you came up with this now and not when you were calling for Penney's head.

Do your teeth hurt from all that biting? :wink: