20 years ago!

I echo a lot of their thoughts: I wouldn't go to Wembley until Latics played there!

Having only been in nappies then, I still hold that principle - the first time I go to Wembley will be to watch Latics and never before.

Could be a long wait.

Brilliant memories ..... especially the journey ... cambridge uni ( we crashed there the night beofre on campus) .. a breakfast that cost £9 ........ the seas of blue and red merging up Wembley Way ... £4 burger ... the walk on to the pitch ......... the emotion ... the sheer sheer grit showed by the team. ... the near miss ... Jemson .... near miss ..... full time whistle ... heads held high by both team and supporters alike... The applaudind and finally the pride felt by the supporters and the team .... the scenes in Oldham the following night .... the bus ... the turnout .... the big question I always ask myself is how could winning have made it any better?

I was only 9 years old and really didn't see much of the game as the seats were terrible. Saying that, it was absolutely amazing.

I've just had a look on the net and cannot find a report of the game, it would be top if someone could write a small review of the game as its seems like a bit of a blur now.