Reserves next season ?

Wouldn't it be a good idea next season to save club costs by playing reserves matches at Boundary Park rather than hiring grounds at Hyde or Stalybridge, it would also give local fans a better chance to support the team.

As Oldham Rugby no longer play at BP the pitch should be able to cope.

Wouldn't it be a good idea next season to save club costs by playing reserves matches at Boundary Park rather than hiring grounds at Hyde or Stalybridge, it would also give local fans a better chance to support the team.

I didnt realise the reserves didnt play at BP. Sounds a good idea to me.

+1

Precedents have been set pitch wise by the likes of Colchester & Rotherham so it’s not exactly like we’ll end up as bad as those pitches.

I personally would attend more reserve matches than I do at present (1 or 2 a season) if they were at BP all the time – although not a massive distance away; Hyde is still far enough away to make it a ball-ache.

+1

Precedents have been set pitch wise by the likes of Colchester & Rotherham so it’s not exactly like we’ll end up as bad as those pitches.

I personally would attend more reserve matches than I do at present (1 or 2 a season) if they were at BP all the time – although not a massive distance away; Hyde is still far enough away to make it a ball-ache.

The other side of the coin is the club might scrap the reserves set up altogether to save money. :(

I'd go more.

what else is there to do on a tues/Weds night. (Cooking, house work, dog walking..aagghhh any excuse to get out of it)

More so if we decide to get a family ST as it would be part of the package and a shame to waste.