New Manager Thread

Imagine Bunn + Harbin back at BP! Gregan as asst?

Thats what we were lacking this year a john harbin, maybe the best fitness coach we have had, if john were here i dont think we would have had so many injuries because a few people have seen the players train and said they dont warm down, with john they went swimming, boxing and running

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what we were lacking this year a john harbin, maybe the best fitness coach we have had, if john were here i dont think we would have had so many injuries because a few people have seen the players train and said they dont warm down, with john they went swimming, boxing and running

Not a chance they don't warm up before training. In Dowie's play off season we had loads of injuries that were more than likely down to the training being too intense. Still, Harbin had us the fittest team in the League by far and it won us so many points on the road despite the injuries.

Harbin is currently not at Coventry. Haven't a clue where he is.

I would think next year that we will basically have a manager, and a number two. If they can fulfil any other roles within the same wage (eg, Harbin could fulfil the role of no2 and fitness coach, crossley if appointed, could fulfill the role of manager and GK coach, on the same wage) then fair enough. But I can't see us paying for a separate goalkeeping coach or fitness coach.

Its short sighted not having fitness as a top priority, good routines for pro footballers is an essential part of making good young uns assets to sell on. The game has moved on so much in fitness and yet cutting back on costs re fitness backfires on injuries loan fees etc etc etc. A stable side is ultimately what did for DP (other than tactical ineptitude) and anyone would have to say a fair amount of odd long term injuries despite our physios hard graft.

Wonder if a value can actually be put on injuries? within a budget.

Especially after last season!!!!!

Its short sighted not having fitness as a top priority, good routines for pro footballers is an essential part of making good young uns assets to sell on. The game has moved on so much in fitness and yet cutting back on costs re fitness backfires on injuries loan fees etc etc etc. A stable side is ultimately what did for DP (other than tactical ineptitude) and anyone would have to say a fair amount of odd long term injuries despite our physios hard graft.

Wonder if a value can actually be put on injuries? within a budget.

Would the clubs budget on loans be the value for injuries? How many loans have we had this season not including the season long loans

hardy says

Meanwhile, Hardy urged supporters to “get their skates on” if they want to take advantage of the second phase of discounted season tickets which expires at the close of business on Thursday

well i think most are waiting too see who is in the hot seat first

Hardy is quoted as saying: “We (the board) will meet up tomorrow for a chat about how to move forward."

This suggests their shortlist of 10 is now a shortlist of 2 or 3, and that they haven't made their minds up yet? Or is this all just a red herring?

:wink:

Mark Crossley had a facebook status update a few days ago saying he had to change his holiday from 2 weeks to 1 week. Wonder why that is? :wink:

Fed up with Greenpeace pouring buckets of water and trying to roll him off the beach back into the sea?

Edited by leeslover

hardy says

Meanwhile, Hardy urged supporters to "get their skates on" if they want to take advantage of the second phase of discounted season tickets which expires at the close of business on Thursday

well i think most are waiting too see who is in the hot seat first

Count me in that category. Unless its Gannon, Ritchie, or someone from the next level up i.e. Dowie, Jewell etc. I'm not getting one.... The thought of Penney's number two continuing his good work from last season is a pretty sobering thought.

Count me in that category. Unless its Gannon, Ritchie, or someone from the next level up i.e. Dowie, Jewell etc. I'm not getting one.... The thought of Penney's number two continuing his good work from last season is a pretty sobering thought.

Would you accept Bunn?

Would you accept Bunn?

bunn would be a cheap option....and hasnt got much managerial practive...if there going down that root they may as well appoint butt..got bags of enthusiasm,will bring a new way of training with him,will have very good contacts and could bring in some decent quality players from those...

i just hope we dont shoot ourselfs in the foot again

Well i'm with you on that + long term sick pay for absentees like Purdie etc.

Obviously as posted Killen etc happens but it must have a place on budget in terms of ££££££££s with targets to reduce.

My BIG gripe is agents fees.........

Agent fees should be capped to a % of the transfer fee no more than 5% for the premiership and lower % the lower down the league. I dont know what we paid this year but i know it was released the fees and we could have got another player for that.

Jesus, am I the only one who thinks Ritchie will be the worst appointment we can make? I'd give it Richardson over him.