Micah Ricahards

Can you good folk settle an arguement .........

My understanding is we get 20% of any transfer fee City receive, if he moves in a player swap deal we get nowt not 20% of any alleged fee !

Am i right ???

No, you're wrong. Ok.

A player exchange deal has to involve valuations for VAT purposes.

In the circumstances you describe, there is a scenario where either the VAT man or Oldham Athletic can raise an objection to the valuation placed on a player.

In the case of Oldham Athletic, the outcome could be that a tribunual assesses the value of Micah Richards.

Whatever the outcome, I suspect Latics will see less than they should as a result.

VAT man wouldn't raise an"objection" cometh the day (if ever) they visited City and said lets look at how you accounted for the sale of player A that is the time they would look at the two deals. Latics will hold a contract of sale and be able to enforce it in a court of law.

More likely is that AH will phone the City Co Sec and just sort it. Lets face it £2m will be nothing to them and not worth supressing.

Edited by Alec1954

in the case of a player swap it will go to a tribunal to decide the players worth and how much oldham should receive,

unless of course the 2 clubs could come to an agreement,

and in this event im sure that oldham would probsbly meet with City and get an agreement with them, seen as they are not shy of a bob or 2, they will probably agree a deal with us for a smooth transition

Can you good folk settle an arguement .........

My understanding is we get 20% of any transfer fee City receive, if he moves in a player swap deal we get nowt not 20% of any alleged fee !

Am i right ???

No, if there is a swap deal then in the eyes of the tax man a "non-monetary" supply for a consideration takes place which still has to have a monetary amount assigned to it. We will get 20% or 25% or whatever the actual percentage is of that final transaction amount*

* Presuming that we did negotiate a decent deal.

in the case of a player swap it will go to a tribunal to decide the players worth and how much oldham should receive,

unless of course the 2 clubs could come to an agreement,

and in this event im sure that oldham would probsbly meet with City and get an agreement with them, seen as they are not shy of a bob or 2, they will probably agree a deal with us for a smooth transition

Alan Hardy has confirmed this in an email, which someone put on here (source -my memory :lol: )

Here's a quandary for some of you.

What do you think our 20% should be worth if Richards goes in a straight swap for Eardley?

Mine:

Richards is worth £10 million

Eardley is worth £1 million

Total is worth £11 million

20% is worth £2.2 million

I think hes worth at least 10 million but id say more as hes played quite a few games for city, the fact that they finished 5th, you could argue that he helped acheive that, ive hear on websites (i think sky sports was one of them) that united were interested in micah richards and stephen ireland,

but if it was a player swap a tribunal will hear it out, but with city not scared to spend, they will want to have the transfer to go through smoothly, im guessing they will have a mentality of "just pay what they want so we can get player x from tottenham!"