1. 1. Happy or unhappy?

• Happy with that
    • Unhappy with that
    • Indifferent

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea how I feel about Dickov being manager. I don't know anything about how he manages. Wait and see I suppose. Unless we are seriously struggling with relegation I'm happy with Dickov sorting this squad out.

He could be anything from Joe Royle to Chris Waddle and anything inbetween.

Can we have an option "neither happy or unhappy" because that's how I feel about it. It's not exactly an inspiring appointment, but not a really bad one either.

+1

Im all for giving new managers a chance, we did ok under shez and dowie but they had a bit of cash behind them. I guess we will never know if its good or not until xmas time when the league starts to take shape. I just hope we give him longer than a season, we should aim for mid table this season and move on the next.

If its Dickov, lets give the bloke our full backing, but in typical Latics fashion some on here will moan (as usual) better than Crossley or Gray IMO. I'm giving the new man my full backing for two full seasons come hell or high water. I'm sick of the manager merry go round at BP. I didn't rate Dowie when he was appointed and although he left the club IMO like a rat, especially after his Braveheart speach at the fans day (sorry can't forgive him for that) :ranting: he did a half decent job and brought in some decent players. If the money (thanks Moore) was still there we would have got promotion we would have been in the Championship (how long for I just dunno??)

Reading some of the complete muppets on here spouting about complaining to the board makes me laugh :lol: . Have they got some super crystal ball?? No one and I mean no-one knows how Dickov (if hes the man) will do in management, its a gamble, we have tried the established managers at lower league level and they just haven't worked. It is time for a change and a new fresh manager might be, could be the way to go.

Lets give the board some credit for once, they have shown a bit of imagination

Lets back the bloke and see where it takes us! :wink:

If he does well it will be a good appointment. If he does badly then it will be a bad appointment. I don't think there was particularly an outstanding candidate, Gannon isn't particularly fantastic.

I'm more happy than unhappy though. You'd hope that he'd get a bit of a bulldog spirit, not except slacking and play attacking football.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

no for me its a dam joke end off dickov got no experience atall now fans will get on the back off him when he starts his job he is not the right man for the job you guy think he is good.

Am I the only one struggling to read that ?

does Dickov have any experience as manager?

why would people be happy with this appointment? because of his links and potential to get players in? isn't he regarded as a bit of a :censored:?

in terms of him playing, we've been there before with the likes of windass et al...

does Dickov have any experience as manager?

why would people be happy with this appointment? because of his links and potential to get players in? isn't he regarded as a bit of a :censored:?

teams often play in the mould of their manager - that would mean attacking, high tempo, aggressive & annoying the **** out of the opposition if a Dickov teams style of play matched his own.

if he comes as player manager, granted his best days are behind him but he'll still be better than the rest of our forward line barring Abbott.

as well documented on here the last few weeks - we've tended to be better with inexperienced managers & it was certainly more entertaining under them.

that's why I'm happy with his appointment.

Edited by HarryBosch