• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tempted to respond correcting all the typos in that front page. Thick bastards.

Could this really be 'called in'? I must admit it's been a fear of mine. I hope the club have done their homework and not jumped in feet first YET again! Or are the local residents grabbing at straws?

We're already 11 months down the line and we still don't know if we can have the bloody land or not!

Although the residents will be really pissed off if the stadium doesn't get built and they instead have to put up with HGVs arriving at all hours... :tongue1: Be careful what you wish for - the land will still be built on...

Edited by oafcprozac

When is the desired opening? start of 2011/12 or 2012/13?

We really neeed to get on with this...

I'll wager that come the World Cup in Brazil in 2014, we'll still be in a rotting Boundary Park or sharing with Football League side Rochdale whilst playing in the Conference...

Probably a Titanic moment, but I thought I'd stick this in here anyway:

http://sites.google.com/site/mostonbrooksoprogs/home

I think this person has got there facts wrong about this, Moston Brook is being regenerated by Oldham/Manchester Council and had received NWDA funding of £4.9 million.

NWDA Funding

EDIT - This also states its Brownfield and not Greenfield which means that argument goes out the window.

What I didn't know is that Latics Ground will be right next to this country park. Perhaps the council should make more of this.

Where's Moston Brook

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Could this really be 'called in'? I must admit it's been a fear of mine. I hope the club have done their homework and not jumped in feet first YET again! Or are the local residents grabbing at straws?

We're already 11 months down the line and we still don't know if we can have the bloody land or not!

Although the residents will be really pissed off if the stadium doesn't get built and they instead have to put up with HGVs arriving at all hours... :tongue1: Be careful what you wish for - the land will still be built on...

From that site, they seem to say that it isn't clear if all the grant funding bodies such as the NWDA are aware about the stadium. Well the NWDA is our regional DEVELOPMENT agency and they tend to fund projects that improve local economies. Unless the council have royally buggered this one up, I would imagine that the proposed development would be a plus point as per the NWDA.

I personally don’t care that the new site is in Failsworth or has a M35 postcode, as it’s still in the borough of Oldham. My only concern is that some of the locals are organised and determined that Latics should not be able to build on about 9 acres of the proposed site, as they question whether the status of the land means that Oldham Council shouldn’t be able to lease this to Latics. They are determined to drag the process out and, if allowed, refer the matter to the Secretary of State.

After the false dawns of proposed new stadiums on the Westwood Running Track, Clayton Playing Fields, Ferney Field Farm, and the failure of the proposed re-development of Boundary Park, I hope this latest plan comes to fruition and ends the club’s 15 year search for a new home.

• 2 weeks later...
I personally don’t care that the new site is in Failsworth or has a M35 postcode, as it’s still in the borough of Oldham. My only concern is that some of the locals are organised and determined that Latics should not be able to build on about 9 acres of the proposed site, as they question whether the status of the land means that Oldham Council shouldn’t be able to lease this to Latics. They are determined to drag the process out and, if allowed, refer the matter to the Secretary of State.

After the false dawns of proposed new stadiums on the Westwood Running Track, Clayton Playing Fields, Ferney Field Farm, and the failure of the proposed re-development of Boundary Park, I hope this latest plan comes to fruition and ends the club’s 15 year search for a new home.

it seems its getting neaer to happening,main site is saying the charitable trust has ruled to make the land charitable,so the council can now offer the 6 new potential sites to the public meaning we can use the land after all.....now we just need backers to jump on board so we can have filled in corners from the off..

but can the public refuse these six offers? epecially those who live right next to the land we want

As far as I am aware, the public can't refuse the offers, but the Chartity Commision could refuse to switch the land if there is reasonable evidence that its not in the best interest of the public.

As far as I am aware, the public can't refuse the offers, but the Chartity Commision could refuse to switch the land if there is reasonable evidence that its not in the best interest of the public.

So I assume that it is up to the club to prove that the new land use gives benefits to the local members of the public as oposed to unused scrub land. I can see them all suddenly having communal picnics and fairs on the site a la Clayton Playing fields!

So I assume that it is up to the club to prove that the new land use gives benefits to the local members of the public as oposed to unused scrub land. I can see them all suddenly having communal picnics and fairs on the site a la Clayton Playing fields!

I would imagine so, however there is a lot of land right next to the proposed development which is being regenerated with NWDA funding which will provide ample picnic space.