Local amateur football

It's that time of year again!

Oldham Hulmeians are an established and well run club that have 4 teams playing in the Lancashire amateur league on Saturday afternoons (I know it clashes with the 'tics!) and have started pre-season training. If there are any good (or even not so!!) footballers who want to play for an established local side, at a 'decent' level, please feel free to pm me for more info.

Maybe you have only been playing Sunday football and want to play on better pitches etc, or even if you've not played for a while, you would find your level in any of the 4 teams. Obviously we are also looking for 'quality' to enhance our already strong 1st and 2nd team squads.

Cheers

Maybe you have only been playing Sunday football and want to play on better pitches etc,

Wait... have you moved from Tate Street?! :wink:

Obviously we are also looking for 'quality' to enhance our already strong 1st and 2nd team squads.

Cheers

Hmmm. I know for a fact there's a member of this forum who plays in the 2nds (and sometimes the 1sts) and he cannot be described as either 'quality' or 'strong' :lol:

All jokes aside, I enjoyed my brief stint at Hulmeians. Great set of lads. All the best for the new season. :)

It's that time of year again!

Oldham Hulmeians are an established and well run club that have 4 teams playing in the Lancashire amateur league on Saturday afternoons (I know it clashes with the 'tics!) and have started pre-season training. If there are any good (or even not so!!) footballers who want to play for an established local side, at a 'decent' level, please feel free to pm me for more info.

Maybe you have only been playing Sunday football and want to play on better pitches etc, or even if you've not played for a while, you would find your level in any of the 4 teams. Obviously we are also looking for 'quality' to enhance our already strong 1st and 2nd team squads.

Cheers

You have mail.

Were you originally made up of old boys from Oldham Hulme?

Yeah that's right - although years ago it was a 'closed shop' i think in terms of players - there are very few these days who actually went to Hulme (including myself!!) There are still a small number of clubs in the league though who still try and maintain that tradition though.

Wait... have you moved from Tate Street?! :wink:

Hmmm. I know for a fact there's a member of this forum who plays in the 2nds (and sometimes the 1sts) and he cannot be described as either 'quality' or 'strong' :lol:

Neither am I nowadays :grin:

Anyway new 1sts management team this year - he's no chance :lol: (only joking AW!)

All jokes aside, I enjoyed my brief stint at Hulmeians. Great set of lads. All the best for the new season. :)

Cheers :chubb:

Yeah that's right - although years ago it was a 'closed shop' i think in terms of players - there are very few these days who actually went to Hulme (including myself!!) There are still a small number of clubs in the league though who still try and maintain that tradition though.

Its a good job you are no longer made up of old boys then, as to be frank they were :censored:

Edited by rudemedic

Cheers :chubb:

I'll tell you what you, you can go off people you know! Unbelievable!

There's no way that you should be listening to that Zorrro clown, I'll have you know that he was totally :censored: and I used to carry him whenever we played together!

And as for you RC, I hate you more than ever. Which is an absolute shed-load considering that I hated you before...

Oh yeah, and considering that I happen to be an old boy I take offence at that too!

Well you were, my school used to enjoy playing you, no matter what the sport, football, rugby, cricket, you name it we beat you

Well you were, my school used to enjoy playing you, no matter what the sport, football, rugby, cricket, you name it we beat you

Perhaps Manchester Grammar ought to divert some of their significant resources away from amateur sports and toward teaching English? ^_^

Perhaps Manchester Grammar ought to divert some of their significant resources away from amateur sports and toward teaching English? ^_^

I didn't go to Manchester Grammar but if I did I think the same would apply (certainly for the years nearest me)

When I was at school Hulme were awful at everything except going home in their mummy's 4x4's crying.

(they used to kill us at cricket though).

When I was at school Hulme were awful at everything except going home in their mummy's 4x4's crying.

(they used to kill us at cricket though).

I'm guessing you are a similar age to me (and my school had a few decent cricketers so we did OK)

Being as I 'slummed' it down the road at St Anselms/St Augustines - we used to have an end of term 'water bomb the posh t@@@@' game - a quick run up Chamber Rd, throw a few bombs over the fence and 'leg it!!' :D

How times have changed.........

They'd be petrol bombs now...?

Being as I 'slummed' it down the road at St Anselms/St Augustines - we used to have an end of term 'water bomb the posh t@@@@' game - a quick run up Chamber Rd, throw a few bombs over the fence and 'leg it!!' :D

How times have changed.........

I went to Werneth Juniors and we used to chuck stones at them as they walked past in their shorts on a morning.

There was no racism at that school, just good old fashioned class war. A school united against shorts!