Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?

Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Vuvuzelas - Was it right to ban them ?

• Yes
    • No

I have to agree with oafc0000

I was lucky enough to be at 11 WC games this year and they are fine when you are at the game ,

they just sound :censored: on TV (and lets be honest we are not going to be on TV in a hurry), they are not just constantly blown in some sections, the more larger lungs Africans can start chants and songs with them

Firstly, they're different, but after a while I didn't even notice them. They don't bother be an ounce. Secondly, air horns anyone? They annoy me, but I wouldn't have them banned. It's footballing culture, and to some they're enjoyable. All this banning of certain things at games. Glass bottles, yes, are dangerous, they so they should be banned, but vuvuzelas are not.

And another thing: who is part of this army of supporters set to invade every English ground with these things? I haven't heard of fan fan planning of taking one to any game.

If it was up to the FA we'd be all sat in silence. Oh wait...

They're awful. Yeah, the atmosphere might not be great over here anymore, but these things would finally kill off any lingering atmosphere's there might be. And they're hardly part of football culture either, they've only been around about 10 years...

40,000 vuvuzelas going off at once may sound impressive, 6 going off randomly is just annoying.

I agree, and agree with the agreeing. It's not going to be many people who would bring one anyway, the problem would come when some datf kid thinks it's OK to blow his all bloody game while a grumpy old stands for an hour getting more and more pissed off with it blowing in his ear. It is a made up part of African football culture and for my part it can sod off here. Yes, we don;t make enough noise ourselves, it's no solution to have this mindless :censored: blowing over the ground.

I agree, and agree with the agreeing. It's not going to be many people who would bring one anyway, the problem would come when some datf kid thinks it's OK to blow his all bloody game while a grumpy old stands for an hour getting more and more pissed off with it blowing in his ear. It is a made up part of African football culture and for my part it can sod off here. Yes, we don;t make enough noise ourselves, it's no solution to have this mindless :censored: blowing over the ground.

+1

Yeh,

I didnt mind them at games but when 1 single one if being blown at 6 in the morning there is only one place you want to send it!

Everyone morning while in Cape Town I could hear them being blown :) Reminded me I was at the World Cup so didn't mind it to much :)

I said my piece in the other vuvuzela thread. But as for the hearing damage, I did a thing on that with I-Pods for my course and IIRC once you get to 80dB 8 hours continuous exposure is enough to start causing hearing damage. For every 3dB higher you go the time gets halfed so if a vuvuzela goes 120dB (which i doubt- especially as they are quite hard to play apparently) then roughly 3.5 seconds exposure is enough to cause hearing damage.

As to the poll- they allow drums, so they should allow Vuvuzelas. Now they've banned Vuvuzelas they should ban drums. But then again smoking is banned isn't it- funny how the toilets smell of smoke then?