New 3rd Away Kit

Except the home kit has some history to it, very similar to a late 50s strip. The fixation with all blue baffles me.

The new third kit is a classic example of a design that's been created for design's sake.

i spose but we used to play in red and i havent seen us use that for awhile. Most people identify us with playing in a largley blue kit as thats the way its been for ages

Think its quite clever actually to have a 3rd kit where the shorts and socks are the same as the home ones. It won't look too daft with the away shorts either.

It looks OK, might have to see what the quality is like though as I'm probably going to get a new shirt this season but if what I've heard about the quality I won't. I would agree with longtimeblue that if one of the stripes was tangerine then it might be more Latics.

I think it looks ok and agree with the point about using the home kit extras with it - a club not trying to make people buy extra shorts and socks and spend more money what is going on? I'd like to think it was deliberate but is probably just a missed opportunity b the comm dept.

on the subject of 3rd kits I think all clubs should be forced by the league to have 2 kits only. It would be easy to manage e.g. all teams have one kit which is white and then there would be no clashes and would stop clubs ripping off the kids.(or do I mean parents?)

That's the situation in American sports astottie, and teams often go 10-15 years between shirt design changes.

UEFA actually forces all teams in European competition to have 3 kits.

In the States though they have all sorts of kits, certainly in Baseball they do, I think I counted 6 different shirts in the Boston shop- some only get worn once a year (green for Paddy's day). American football however, does have only 2 kits excpet some of the teams last year brought out retro kits as it was the 50th anniversary (or something) of the league.

I can understand Uefa's point too as there are that many teams in Europe it would be impossible to organise properly so they make sure everyone has a third kit. (Plus quite a few teams have special European home kits)

well last season the dark blue and tangerine was suppose to be our away kit but how many times did we wear it ? i remeber us wearing the yellow more. stockport, wycombe, carlise, southen and bristol rovers i think, well there was alot of times. so i can see us using the white kit alot,

well last season the dark blue and tangerine was suppose to be our away kit but how many times did we wear it ? i remeber us wearing the yellow more. stockport, wycombe, carlise, southen and bristol rovers i think, well there was alot of times. so i can see us using the white kit alot,

I think I did this towards the end of the season

Blue - Brentford, Walsall, Norwich = 3

Navy and Tangerine - Orient, Bristol Rovers, Charlton Athletic, Brighton, Gillingham, Tranmere, Swindon, Colchester, Leeds, Exeter, Southampton, Yeovil = 12

Monkey Sick Yellow- Carlisle LC, Millwall, Southend United, Wycombe, Hartlepool, Stockport, Huddersfield, Mongs, Carlisle = 9

Love how everyone instantly turns into Gok Wan as soon as a new shirt comes out. It's a kit, and a pretty dull one at that.

Everton/City away 80s esque....

Probably still buy one, mug that I am :grin: Trust em to wait until the day after I bugger off on me jollies though. That'd be ok for two weeks in the Med...