Going bust, going bust, going bust

:(

It's that time again folks, by the looks of things. 20K for our best striker is a joke, I am fuming. Rumours that we would have placed ourselves in admin had we not been in a relegation battle last year look more true by the day.

Going to be a long long season by the looks of things.

It's that time again folks, by the looks of things. 20K for our best striker is a joke, I am fuming. Rumours that we would have placed ourselves in admin had we not been in a relegation battle last year look more true by the day.

if it was 20k then we made a profit on him...didn't we?

Is this a wind up? Are you really taking the profitable sale of an out of favour (and probably well paid) striker to be a sign of going bust?

Things are definitely not good. We have to believe what we're told in that the budget has been set for this season with our current circumstances in mind. So I don't see a serious threat of admin this season. As for after that, it all depends what happens in the summer, and to some extent what division we'll be in the following season.

Absolute worst case scenario (if literally everything went bad), we could feasibly be starting next season in administration, in League Two, on -10 points (or whatever the penalty is now) - with little prospect of anything more than a fight to stay in the league.

As I say, that's absolute worst case. But honestly, I'd treat anything better than that as a bonus.

Edited by garcon

Obviously I'm in melodramatic mode but things aren't good at the moment at BP. :(

Things arn't good? Ill admit they are not a perfect but we have had one of the best pre season i can remember, the team is playing some really good football under what looks like a really good manager, the season as been budgeted for and if the peformances continue then fans will start to come back. We could be in a far worse position than we are in.

Things arn't good? Ill admit they are not a perfect but we have had one of the best pre season i can remember, the team is playing some really good football under what looks like a really good manager, the season as been budgeted for and if the peformances continue then fans will start to come back. We could be in a far worse position than we are in.

I'll leave on field analysis for once we've actually kicked a ball in a competitive game. For now, I just see crowds dwindling, no money in the pot, no forward vision, selling our best players for a pittance, investors saying cheerio and the ground situation looking bleak (literally aswell, BP has lost its magic for me).

I'll leave on field analysis for once we've actually kicked a ball in a competitive game. For now, I just see crowds dwindling, no money in the pot, no forward vision, selling our best players for a pittance, investors saying cheerio and the ground situation looking bleak (literally aswell, BP has lost its magic for me).

dale stephens hasnt been sold

so we take a player who didn't fit the manager style of play and sell him and suddenly everything is doom and gloom. Other players in that situation in the last 5 to 10 years we have either released on a free transfer or payed up their contract. Im guessing when we release them on a free transfer to a lower league club on less wages they will also get a nice pay off.

So for once we have done good business. All may not be rosey but lets not winge for the sake of it

In your opinion. Obviously not in Dickov's. He has yet to sell anyone he wanted to keep. End of story. Stop turning your grief of losing your personal favourite player into a complete non sequitur about doom and gloom.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

so we take a player who didn't fit the manager style of play and sell him and suddenly everything is doom and gloom. Other players in that situation in the last 5 to 10 years we have either released on a free transfer or payed up their contract. Im guessing when we release them on a free transfer to a lower league club on less wages they will also get a nice pay off.

So for once we have done good business. All may not be rosey but lets not winge for the sake of it

I thought Abbott was a great player, I know my opinion counts for zip all in the scheme of things but as a paying fan I have my opinion on on and off field matters and at the end the day I am a paying customer who's money will more than likely not be going in the coffers next season if things like this carry on.

Some of the predictions on here, play-offs? I would literally put my bollocks in a blender if w get anywhere near the play-offs come May.

I thought Abbott was a great player, I know my opinion counts for zip all in the scheme of things but as a paying fan I have my opinion on on and off field matters and at the end the day I am a paying customer who's money will more than likely not be going in the coffers next season if things like this carry on.

Some of the predictions on here, play-offs? I would literally put my bollocks in a blender if w get anywhere near the play-offs come May.

I wouldn't get that signed in a contract if I were you. Far stranger things have happened in football.

In your opinion. Obviously not in Dickov's. He has yet to sell anyone he wanted to keep. End of story. Stop turning your grief of losing your personal favourite player into a complete non sequitur about doom and gloom.

Well, I'm worried about Dickov then. You can't judge an individual in a month let alone judge a professional footballer in a pre-season.

Can one of the mods pin this if we have a decent start to the season? I'm going to choose to define 'anywhere near the play-offs' as anywhere in the top half.

Very misused word,'literally'.

Can one of the mods pin this if we have a decent start to the season? I'm going to choose to define 'anywhere near the play-offs' as anywhere in the top half.

Very misused word,'literally'.

Anywhere near the play-offs is 10th and above you cheeky get. :wink:

You can't, big test starts on saturday. Things have been much more positive this pre-season than last. I don't think we have got anywhere near the best squad in the league but it sounds like we're very organised, tough to break down and positive going forward. There'll be some surprise results against the bigger clubs which was seriously missing last season. It'll be like the Latics of old!

Things have been better at BP that's for sure, on the other side of the coin they've been far bleaker. The last bleak day's were in many way's a pleasure in that the Latics fans were duty bound together and some fantastic away support was generated. Just like Dickov say's it's only pre season and whilst he's been pleased with some of the performances, it's not results, it's fitness and seeing his instructions put into practice on the pitch. The owners, yes OWNERS, have clearly made their intentions known, they have no longer the will to plough in any more cash. Last season finally saw them give up on taking this club into the Championship. If it transpire's this season by hook or by crook they'll take it and dance along with the rest of us. Should some investor ride over Oldham Edge they'll be gone and a new reign will commence. But lets see what the kids can do mixed in with the thin old guard. I very much doubt some of the kids have what it takes at the moment and some may never have, but whats the difference in that from any season in history? After the Penney year can it really get any worse watching football down at BP.

Edited by Lags

Things have been better at BP that's for sure, on the other side of the coin they've been far bleaker. The last bleak day's were in many way's a pleasure in that the Latics fans were duty bound together and some fantastic away support was generated. Just like Dickov say's it's only pre season and whilst he's been pleased with some of the performances, it's not results, it's fitness and seeing his instructions put into practice on the pitch. The owners, yes OWNERS, have clearly made their intentions known, they have no longer the will to plough in any more cash. Last season finally saw them give up on taking this club into the Championship. If it transpire's this season by hook or by crook they'll take it and dance along with the rest of us. Should some investor ride over Oldham Edge they'll be gone and a new reign will commence. But lets see what the kids can do mixed in with the thin old guard. I very much doubt some of the kids have what it takes at the moment and some may never have, but whats the difference in that from any season in history? After the Penney year can it really get any worse watching football down at BP.

Great post Lags as usual you talk alot of sense, the only thing I would question is the last sentence because if the last 20 years of supporting Latics has told me things can always get worse even when you least expect it :ohno: . Although its fair to say you become pretty used to the concept of being kicked in the balls being a Latics fan

Perhaps Latico will be the first to experience putting them through a blender though :nnnng:

Dwindling crowds? New season new start. That was last season.

Also admin looms? Well only people we owe money to is Mr Blitz & Gazal. They put us in admin = not the £3m back for them.

And even if Admin did loom - Eaves and Taylor being sold will bring in around £500k. Stephens would bring in another wedge of cash.

With PD in charge, the teams playing better and more attacking so more fans will come back and that means more money into the pot.

Stop being all negative.

Also, Mr Mancini if for some weirdly strange reason you are reading this, please sell Micah Richards for alot of money :grin: