Latest news...

Eaves is apparently stalling on a contract offer from Bolton.

Brooke is supposedly out for around 2 months. Hoping to be back to full training near the Brentford/Colchester games in October.

Not sure if true, but this is what i have been told.

Eaves is apparently stalling on a contract offer from Bolton.

Brooke is supposedly out for around 2 months. Hoping to be back to full training near the Brentford/Colchester games in October.

Not sure if true, but this is what i have been told.

Thats good news if true re brooke, considering what it could have been.

IF Brooke is back in 2 months hes a lucky lad as having done my ligaments it was a horrid injury and simply wish him well. As for Eaves cant blame the lad can you, happy to sign a 5 year deal weeks ago and then being touted for sale. The deal has to be right for him and his family too.

The money will talk in end but a short term deal for Tom has warning signs like Spencer, Trotters etc. Cox at Swindon a good example of creating a reputation for himself.

Its an interesting angle, which I hadnt thought of. A nice five year deal here, meaning he is getting paid no matter what until he is 23... or go to bolton on a two year jaunt, be forgotten about in 12 months when he hasnt played a game, and then unemployed by 20 when he cant find a deal after a two year contract.

Cant imagine the wage hike will be that significant at his age - though will probably be wrong on that....

Its an interesting angle, which I hadnt thought of. A nice five year deal here, meaning he is getting paid no matter what until he is 23... or go to bolton on a two year jaunt, be forgotten about in 12 months when he hasnt played a game, and then unemployed by 20 when he cant find a deal after a two year contract.

Cant imagine the wage hike will be that significant at his age - though will probably be wrong on that....

Or his agent stalled on the 12month contract here .. hang on ask for 5 years and employing the same tactic again.. we may be well rid. If he stays his head may not fit through the door.

Or his agent stalled on the 12month contract here .. hang on ask for 5 years and employing the same tactic again.. we may be well rid. If he stays his head may not fit through the door.

We didn't give Wolfy or C Hall a 5 year deal, so we have obviously recognised his potential in it. I am making all this up but I would guess that it has conditions that if he turns :censored: hot we wouldn't be able to afford to keep him anyway unless we were flying a lot higher than we are. Everyone is making a bet on his potential. We obviously didn't fancy just holding put for compo and he did make the deal with us, so everyone seems to be quite properly looking after their interests.

Does the lad actually want to leave or has it been taken out of his hands?

Am guessing ultimately it is down to Eaves whether or not to sign the contract.

But am guessing that he wants to stay.

1) We offered him a two-year deal, he wanted a 5 year deal.

2) He is supposedly stalling on the contract offer

Am guessing ultimately it is down to Eaves whether or not to sign the contract.

But am guessing that he wants to stay.

1) We offered him a two-year deal, he wanted a 5 year deal.

2) He is supposedly stalling on the contract offer

Exactly, I get the feeling he's quite happy here for the time being. I said in another thread that to me it shows a lack of confidence in his own ability if he jumps ship for a quick payday at a bigger club, for now the best thing he can do is prove himself here and develop properly.

If he cannot agree terms with Bolton, nad he stays is that not a winnder for everyone?

We've proven we won;t stand in his way with 3 Prem clubs after him

Comiited to us, not just about the money

Wants to prove he is worth it

Chance to fire us up the talbe making more money for us and him

Corney knows that although the money would be useful, and shows intent, it would not make a significant dent in the dent (about 5%)

Corney duty bound to talk to the Prem clubs, but decision out of his hands

It saves awkward questiosn with Blitz, who will not want to be seen as the once who forces the sale

Win-Win as far as I can see.

If he cannot agree terms with Bolton, nad he stays is that not a winnder for everyone?

We've proven we won;t stand in his way with 3 Prem clubs after him

Comiited to us, not just about the money

Wants to prove he is worth it

Chance to fire us up the talbe making more money for us and him

Corney knows that although the money would be useful, and shows intent, it would not make a significant dent in the dent (about 5%)

Corney duty bound to talk to the Prem clubs, but decision out of his hands

It saves awkward questiosn with Blitz, who will not want to be seen as the once who forces the sale

Win-Win as far as I can see.

Unless he turns into the new Wolfy and we're lumbered with a 5 year deal- he's got promise but is completely unproven. A hat trick in a friendly proves nowt.

Unless he turns into the new Wolfy and we're lumbered with a 5 year deal- he's got promise but is completely unproven. A hat trick in a friendly proves nowt.

Yes, never said it did, and my post repeatedly refers about the chance not the certaintly, but that 5 year deal was not signed on the back of the hat trick so will not be mega bucks.

That got us the security if a team, or 3, came in for him.

It's at the 350k stage I am referring.

Head says good deal, heart says we might get more later.

Yes, never said it did, and my post repeatedly refers about the chance not the certaintly, but that 5 year deal was not signed on the back of the hat trick so will not be mega bucks.

That got us the security if a team, or 3, came in for him.

It's at the 350k stage I am referring.

Head says good deal, heart says we might get more later.

I sort of agree with that. It's like the Deal or No Deal question though isn't it. Do we take what's on offer now knowing it could soon be more but could just as easily be nothing at all.