JPT Trophy

The JPT Trophy - Simple Poll  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Should Latics Treat It As A "Go For It" Competition?

• Yes
    • No

Indeed Barry...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=31405

Indeed!!!

BB80. Not to patronise. You Know I always follow your comments with a lot of interest,

I think the lack of sponsorship also highlights some of the very difficult times everyone is feeling. It is not through a lack of effort at the club that sponsorship is still sought.

Everyone can help is this respect and I know that the Trust tries to encourage people to sponsor. Inddeedc Rick A. has found someone this week.

We know we need to mamimise the effort but when we are in the position that OAFC Prozac highlights, ot makes it more evident that we need to do well on the field for all the reasons we know about.

Hope you are well

BaRRY

BB80. Not to patronise. You Know I always follow your comments with a lot of interest,

I think the lack of sponsorship also highlights some of the very difficult times everyone is feeling. It is not through a lack of effort at the club that sponsorship is still sought.

Everyone can help is this respect and I know that the Trust tries to encourage people to sponsor. Inddeedc Rick A. has found someone this week.

We know we need to mamimise the effort but when we are in the position that OAFC Prozac highlights, ot makes it more evident that we need to do well on the field for all the reasons we know about.

Hope you are well

BaRRY

But Barry... People are apparently wanting to spend money with the club but aren't having their calls returned ? Dosen't that worry you ?

In the last week we have had a number of posts with a similar theme.

Just asked said mate about this season...his text reply was...

"I paid £xxx for a season ticket and asked for a £xxx for kit sponsorship and £xxxx for a programme advert and they ain't even called! I aint chasing them"

Edited by oafc0000

Like it or not, the simple reality is that we need money from every source. The JPT can bring good revenue to the club, ask Carlisle.We need to go for everything we can.

The billa still roll in. !!!!!!!!!

Barry

My understanding is that if you do well and get far, then it does make money. However most clubs lose money in the early rounds due to low gates and discounted prices. So from a money raising POV you are gambling that you get far to make money, vs diving out first round and minimise losses.

Still think we should go for it.

Let's cut to the chase. How do the fans want Latics to approach the JPT?

Yes Yes Yes, A thousand times. It’s a realistic chance of a trip to Wembley and a Trophy at the end of it. Plus it raises the profile of the club with the semi’s & final shown on Sky. I say we go for it; and everything that’s gone on so far suggests to me that we will be doing too.

But Barry... People are apparently wanting to spend money with the club but aren't having their calls returned ? Dosen't that worry you ?

In the last week we have had a number of posts with a similar theme.

I

If the posts are gebuine then it does worry me.

I would urge those involved to make contact with me and I will arrange accordingly.

Barry

I think Dickov will have the "go for it" mentality. I mean, I thought he was giving some young lads some experience at Scunthorpe, but then he started with some of them against Notts County - so it's not him trying the youngsters out, he genuinely believes they're good enough for any game.

I'd suggest to perhaps to increase takings from the JPT the club should give the competition serious backing on the website and the press. Tell the fans we're going for it, it'll be a full-strength side put out and you can watch the first-team for less than you'd normally pay.

The club should be letting us know how much it'll be to get in now and publicising the game.

I've always thought we should treat it more seriously. Field a strong team and try to get as far as possible. Think of it as a loss leader - if we get to the semis the crowd might actually balance the cost of opening the place up...

And if we get to the final, then it's an exciting, morale boosting trip to the new Wembley.

It is a loss leaser and is a competition we can do without. It would mean playing more games when players need rest, and increase the risk of losing a plsyer or players througn injury. There simply isn't enough money in it to take these risks when we may well be in with a decent chance of a top six finish. If we are not aiming for the top six, then by all means we should go for it.

I think there is still more chance of us being bottom half or worse than top six... So with that in mind its worth going for I say...

and your basis for this indication comes from???

i couldnt go to the tranmere game,but i went to the home game against notts county,and without getting too carried away with it being only the second game of the season,and a hell of a long way to go....we wont be anywhere near the bottom half of the table if we carry on playing like we have so far..

and your basis for this indication comes from???

i couldnt go to the tranmere game,but i went to the home game against notts county,and without getting too carried away with it being only the second game of the season,and a hell of a long way to go....we wont be anywhere near the bottom half of the table if we carry on playing like we have so far..

We have played relegation contenders Tranmere and newly promoted Notts County... Calm down a bit...

I predicted we would struggle this season and I am not going to get carried away from two games. I went to Tranmere by the way. We played well but we didn't murder them... I don't think we will get relegated going off the fact we beat two of the possible relegation contenders but bottom half is still very possible.

The game on Saturday will be a good measure to how we fair compare to the top six. Win or draw that and I might allow myself to start getting a bit excited...

Edited by oafc0000

Alright, put it a different way... when we may be in with a decent chance of finishing bottom four...

I don't think we will get relegated... We seem a head of that pack... But a bottom half finish is likely still I feel... Refusing to get all excited, going to judge Dickov on the expectations I set pre-season... Instead of moving the goalpost like some of our posters do :)

We've had a great start to the season. We can't keep up this level of motivation throughout the season though and we will come unstuck against teams. We aren't going down for sure, we've enough quality in the side but we haven't a squad yet capable of sustaining a promotion challenge.