Warming down

Noticed yesterday that the players substituted off, put the bibs on and warmed down along the touchline whilst the game was continuing.

Not sure I've seen that before. Subs still on the bench, yes. The entire team on the pitch after the game, yes. But not this - or have I just never noticed it?

Noticed yesterday that the players substituted off, put the bibs on and warmed down along the touchline whilst the game was continuing.

Not sure I've seen that before. Subs still on the bench, yes. The entire team on the pitch after the game, yes. But not this - or have I just never noticed it?

No its quite a normal thing and has gone on for a few years

I think it was more noticeable because they were given a big clap when they warmed down after being subbed. Cant remember the last time that happened!

Its a regular thing, obviously a lot of subs are brought on through injury so they won't be warming down.

Its a regular thing, obviously a lot of subs are brought on through injury so they won't be warming down.

the subs nornally warm down towards the rr end but seemed to go towards the chaddy this time round maybe an explanation as to why some people havent see it before

the subs nornally warm down towards the rr end but seemed to go towards the chaddy this time round maybe an explanation as to why some people havent see it before

All depends where the lino was, they warm up / down behind him away from his eyeline

we commented on it yesterday, I've never seen it before. Don't think I'll see it again if they come off when we are 2 nil down either...

we commented on it yesterday, I've never seen it before. Don't think I'll see it again if they come off when we are 2 nil down either...

The subs were warming up on the opposite side to normal. They usually warm-up along the side of the pitch towards the RRE; where the pitch has been turned into an Astro-pitch for the Lineman’s Run. I’m not sure but I think this might be due to the astro-pitch strip – in studs it won’t be the easiest surface to run & turn on. The Sub’s & the warming down players might do themselves more harm than good on that than on the grass to the Chaddy end.

As for the warm-down; last season they were pretty infrequently done; 9 times out of 10 the players came straight off and went up the stairs to either go into the changing rooms or to sit up on the bench at the top of the steps.

On sat, Butler was waiting with a power bar & a sports drink. A bib went on and their shin pads came off & off they went on a full warm down. Very impressive & something that I can’t believe wasn’t being done in recent seasons. With Butlers background in Rugby League; I wouldn’t be surprised to see exercise bikes being used either to supplement the jogging / loose stretching needed to warm down properly.

The pre-game warm-up’s for the whole squad & half time one for the subs both seem far more polished & professional done – so far so good from a Sports Science point of view.

Edited by slystallone