Paul Gerrard signs as goalkeeping cover

no joke just had an official sms not on fishal yet. Hope we haven't got an injury to Brill or Josh! I remember Andy Holden playing on one leg at The Valley in '94, despite retiring three years earlier due to our lack of centre-backs! We lost 2-0...

Link

Edited by oafcprozac

Is Josh then deemed not good enough? We need to off load Fleming but this isn't gonna happen soon if at all.

Whenever I've seen Josh he's looked very good, I think he needs a spell out on loan though to play competitively to allow him to push on. Having said that Gerrard himself was thrown in at the deep-end at 19 at QPR he had only made fleeting appearances for the ressies but Big Joe had no choice. He was shaky to begin with but grew into the role.

Will he play against Shrewsbury?

Apparently he is cover for Fleming having been injured but who hasot been making the bench, being behind Ollerenshaw, so unless something happens in the meantime to Brill or Ollerenshaw then no, he won't get to play against Shrewsbury.

I saw him play a game for Stockport last year, early on in the season at Huddersfield in the League Cup.

County lost 3-1 and he looked particularly slow getting across his goal as he failed to stop one of Jordan Rhode's finishes.

While I'm sure he is adequate to warm the bench, and would probably scare me less than Brill does on crosses, I'd rather he didn't have to play.