Dale Stephens and Corners…This needs a Poll!

Corner Kicks.  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with our Corner kicks

• Keep Dale Stephens Taking them, there great.
    • Try Somebody Else
    • Beating the first man is overrated
    • Play short Corners

I was like many on here and disappointed with todays game, but now I have had time to think I am more than happy with the direction we are going in so that soon went.

That said one thing still niggles me……….

Now I think Dale Stephens is a great player and has really stepped up to the plate so far this season and performed great…..BUT

Is it just me or can he not take a corner??? :unsure:

i,d try jones from what i,ve seen of him he would do a good job

Jones??? I don't rate his crossing ability at all!

I think theres far too many times when he should cross the ball he doesn't and when he does there either over hit or weak and don't beat the near post.

Kieran Lee is my choice he can cross a ball.

Stephens was a revelation with his corners last season, especially after 18 months of dead piece disasters from Danny Whitaker.

This season Dale has delivered a lot more from open play, but his corners have been disappointing.

Work him on the training ground, keep him on the job and watch the improvement come.

At least we're winning more corners this term!

Stephens was a revelation with his corners last season, especially after 18 months of dead piece disasters from Danny Whitaker.

This season Dale has delivered a lot more from open play, but his corners have been disappointing.

Work him on the training ground, keep him on the job and watch the improvement come.

At least we're winning more corners this term!

spose it depends what kind of signal he is getting from players in the box...

todays were a bit crap,but other week he put some crackers in...i think he just needs to work on his delivery and try and hit the ball around the penalty spot,long corners are ok providing you have someone there,otherwise just a waste of a free ball in.

i agree lee can cross a ball,but he is quick as well and most of time stays on halfway line for corners,so you wouldnt want to leave a gap.

There was an excellent one today when we used it to catch out a sleeping Yeovil defence.

I dont remember that, i remember the quick free-kick which caught out their defence. However we always played short corners last season until Stephens started taking them, it got repetitve and they never worked, well nothing really did last season did it?

I dont remember that, i remember the quick free-kick which caught out their defence. However we always played short corners last season until Stephens started taking them, it got repetitve and they never worked, well nothing really did last season did it?

To be fair, short corners allow you to work a better angle to get a delivery over. If done properly, of course.

To be fair, short corners allow you to work a better angle to get a delivery over. If done properly, of course.

Beat me to it Mr Sinnott.

If done properly; short corners can be an effective attacking option. The one in the 1st half that ended with Feeney chipping into the box was well worked & caused a problem.

Dale just needs to recapture the type of deliveries he was producing last season and during pre-season. He had a poor game all round yesterday; but everyone is entitiled to an off-day; he's been superb so far this season.

Whatever happened to the near post flick on from corners?

A decade ago it was causing chaos in all four divisions.

Yeah there were a few times yesterday when i wondered why we had absolutely no-one on the near post. I don't think the problem is who's taking the corner, to be honest.