Paul Scholes

Scholes will retire straight into a coaching role with United's academy. He's comfortable at United, he knows the staff and the environment. I doubt (especially for less money) he's going to want to leave that.

Dickov rejected that American team Thierry Henry has signed for, (New York Red Bulls or something?) to manage us. Am presuming they would of offered PD alot more money than us..

Also Scholes is a millionaire now, he seems sensible with everything, never in the headlines being seen have a booze night out, so am positive he will have a few million stored away, money isn't everything.

Dickov rejected that American team Thierry Henry has signed for, (New York Red Bulls or something?) to manage us. Am presuming they would of offered PD alot more money than us..

Also Scholes is a millionaire now, he seems sensible with everything, never in the headlines being seen have a booze night out, so am positive he will have a few million stored away, money isn't everything.

It was Toronto FC that Dickov was approached by, but that was on a playing contract. The chance to manage a football league club for a guy with no managing experience is a lot more prosperous than playing a year or two in the MLS with no future prospects.

You're right money isn't everything, but people seem to forget with Scholes is he's played for Man Utd his entire life he is use to them surroundings, he knows the people and the setup and the manager. I'd be willing to bet he feels more attached to Man Utd than Oldham. He supports us and he watches us sometimes, but he's been at Man Utd for like 20 years, he's won trophies, he's a legend with the fans. He knows that club like the back of his hand. I bet he'd feel far more comfortable coaching at Man Utd than moving to a new working environment. Before you bring the money into it and the prestige of being at the biggest club in England, staying at Man Utd would just suit Scholes more, given his personality he strikes me as the sort of guy who's content where he is who'd be happy to stay in that one place whilst he is happy.

Charming response to this news on Facebook: "who needs that ginger red b*****d once scum always scum couldnt give a f*ck weather he supported us as a boy what has he done for us in the past few years so f*ck the c*nt we dont need the red f*ck"

Ironically, the tool who posted this pearl of wisdom lists his name as Dean 'Andrew Ritchie' Jackson.Once scum always scum? Ginger red b*st*rd?

With fans like this i'm not sure we deserve a player like Scholes.

Charming response to this news on Facebook: "who needs that ginger red b*****d once scum always scum couldnt give a f*ck weather he supported us as a boy what has he done for us in the past few years so f*ck the c*nt we dont need the red f*ck"

Ironically, the tool who posted this pearl of wisdom lists his name as Dean 'Andrew Ritchie' Jackson.Once scum always scum? Ginger red b*st*rd?

So ritchie must have flown under his radar, being ex united and leeds :lol:

It was Toronto FC that Dickov was approached by, but that was on a playing contract. The chance to manage a football league club for a guy with no managing experience is a lot more prosperous than playing a year or two in the MLS with no future prospects.

You're right money isn't everything, but people seem to forget with Scholes is he's played for Man Utd his entire life he is use to them surroundings, he knows the people and the setup and the manager. I'd be willing to bet he feels more attached to Man Utd than Oldham. He supports us and he watches us sometimes, but he's been at Man Utd for like 20 years, he's won trophies, he's a legend with the fans. He knows that club like the back of his hand. I bet he'd feel far more comfortable coaching at Man Utd than moving to a new working environment. Before you bring the money into it and the prestige of being at the biggest club in England, staying at Man Utd would just suit Scholes more, given his personality he strikes me as the sort of guy who's content where he is who'd be happy to stay in that one place whilst he is happy.

he doesnt need the money..his kid is a member of boundry blues...he still goes drinking very quietly in chadderton and middleton...he might play his whole football life at one club,but there is nothing to say he will stay there and quietly go grey in the background...

i hope the doubters are ready to eat humble pie if he does decide to join our coaching ranks...

and he lives just upt road

Uh Oh, I don't think the Dazzler will be happy with that....

Uh Oh, I don't think the Dazzler will be happy with that....

you are not wrong dude, i have PMd the person who put it on here, n my lad has had a bollocking for his choice of words.....tho he has his opinion and i respect that, but not the language he chose.....if ANYONE has problems with it, they will speak to me...

you are not wrong dude, i have PMd the person who put it on here, n my lad has had a bollocking for his choice of words.....tho he has his opinion and i respect that, but not the language he chose.....if ANYONE has problems with it, they will speak to me...

I don't know the lad so i wasn't aware that he was your son. Apologies if i've caused any offence.