Main Stand

I was going to unleash this topic on Saturday but the PC is broke so having to do it in work!!

For the Yeovil game, I sat in the Main Stand for the first time in a long time, the view wasnt too bad and I thought to myself, why did i stop sitting here?

Then, after about 5minutes of the match, I remembered why.

The number of nonsensical moaning toffs that sit in there. Obviously this isnt the majority, but for crying out loud, I cannot be the only person (this may have mentioned in the past) who has noticed this.

The amount of hipocritical crap that was spewing out of a number of mouths was laughable - moaning when we didnt get rid from the back, then moaning that we hoofed it and didnt pass it out from the back and one guy (a posh sounding southern bloke i think) who must think we're Barcelona or something, because if we didnt spot a particular pass and play it instantly (Xavi or Iniesta-esque), he'd ball out some crap like 'rubbish Stevens, or bloody hell Furman.

Incredibly annoying.

:ranting:

Rant over.

I didn't renew my season ticket this year partly for that reason. Behind where I sat where two old women from Saddleworth. How did I know this? Well when times got boring, they talked endlessly about their homes, their gardners, their knitting (I kid you not) and whenver they commented on the match is was an uneducated rant at whoever last touched the ball.

The club do worse than putting at least 50% on OAP's season ticket charges to get rid of 'em all.

I was going to unleash this topic on Saturday but the PC is broke so having to do it in work!!

For the Yeovil game, I sat in the Main Stand for the first time in a long time, the view wasnt too bad and I thought to myself, why did i stop sitting here?

The number of nonsensical moaning toffs that sit in there. Obviously this isnt the majority, but for crying out loud, I cannot be the only person (this may have mentioned in the past) who has noticed this.

The amount of hipocritical crap that was spewing out of a number of mouths was laughable - moaning when we didnt get rid from the back, then moaning that we hoofed it and didnt pass it out from the back and one guy (a posh sounding southern bloke i think) who must think we're Barcelona or something, because if we didnt spot a particular pass and play it instantly (Xavi or Iniesta-esque), he'd ball out some crap like 'rubbish Stevens, or bloody hell Furman.

Incredibly annoying.

We had to move in there for the Leeds game and was treated like an away fans by the 'regulars' in there. One bloke said we don't want you lot in here! I said I'm a Latics season ticket holder what you mean us lot? Very odd. You know who you are!

Rant over.

Incredibly annoying.

We had to move in there for the Leeds game and was treated like an away fans by the 'regulars' in there. One bloke said we don't want you lot in here! I said I'm a Latics season ticket holder what you mean us lot? Very odd. You know who you are!

Rant over.

I've sat in every stand over the years and to be honest it's the same wherever you sit. I had a bad old time of it in the Lookers with my season ticket a while back when I spent a whole season with a moaner behind me. At least at Latics you always have the luxury of being able to move as there is always plenty of empty seats :grin:

I've sat in every stand over the years and to be honest it's the same wherever you sit. I had a bad old time of it in the Lookers with my season ticket a while back when I spent a whole season with a moaner behind me. At least at Latics you always have the luxury of being able to move as there is always plenty of empty seats :grin:

True.

Every stand in every ground in every country in the world will have it's fair share of people who moan and whinge - that goes with the territory.

But there also many like me who simply get frustrated when a player does not play the obvious ball - true it is easy to see from where I sit (in the main stand .. ulp) but too often a player will make the wrong choice.

There are times when you should just put your foot through the ball - there are times when you should take time to look up and play the ball to a colleague.

And how often have we all seen a player who cannot trap the ball or complete a straightforward pass to a teammate? Happens too often and it simply should not - even at the level we watch the game.

I am a fan and often I let my feelings show- where I draw the line is when a player is being targeted unfairly - if he is playing badly then why not give him a verbal boot up the backside? :huh:

True.

Every stand in every ground in every country in the world will have it's fair share of people who moan and whinge - that goes with the territory.

But there also many like me who simply get frustrated when a player does not play the obvious ball - true it is easy to see from where I sit (in the main stand .. ulp) but too often a player will make the wrong choice.

There are times when you should just put your foot through the ball - there are times when you should take time to look up and play the ball to a colleague.

And how often have we all seen a player who cannot trap the ball or complete a straightforward pass to a teammate? Happens too often and it simply should not - even at the level we watch the game.

I am a fan and often I let my feelings show- where I draw the line is when a player is being targeted unfairly - if he is playing badly then why not give him a verbal boot up the backside? :huh:

my feelings entirely.

i wouldnt say i am a moaner per se, granted i moan when we dont do the obvious and simple things but that is totally down to me wanting the players to play the best they can and reach high standards, it frustrates the hell out of me when we dont take a grip on the play, move it quicker and show common sense in our play, much like you have stated.

Anyway, im sure PD and GT will sort it.

my favourite ever was "bloody hell Eardley!" as Kelvin Lomax misplaced a pass from right back the first game after Eardley had left for Blackpool.

this was in the RRE.

I sat in the RRE last night away from the young children who like to swear because there mums arent there. One bloke continued to shout absolute drivel all night. He continually moaned we should stop long ball and pass it on the ground, until the last few minutes when he decided to start shouting hoof it get it up the pitch, to which there was nobody up the pitch! He also decided to clap nearly every cross we put in which aimlessly went to their keeper every time. Dont get me wrong Ill never bollock a player for crossing it, but if your hitting the keeper every time, you dont deserve to be clapped.

This season is the first time I havent bought an ST since Ive started going. Yesterday was my first game of the season as Ive been away on holiday and at Festivals, and believe me last night in no way showed any improvance on the drivel Ive watched the last few years, which is the reason I decided not to renew.

Same old Latics, a team comes to BP and sets out there stall and we cant break them down. Games like these are where we miss a Kilkenny or a Wellens, someone whos not scared to play a through ball or knock one over the top. I will probably attend again on Saturday, but another poor performance and I will just stick to away games I think, because home matches are dreadful.

Incredibly annoying.

Rant over.

I agree. I sat in the main stand last season and there are more than a few idiots up there. I've moved to the main stand lower and its better - the fans seem to get behind the team more. There's still the occasional daft comment but that happens anywhere you sit. The banter with opposing teams management and the 4th official is usually pretty funny too!

And I think I remember that southern guy! He's always like that if its who I'm thinking of.

We weren't great last night but I don't think it was due to a lack of effort. And if the players are putting the effort in we shouldn't be getting on their backs.

Used to sit in there for a good few seasons. In front of me was an idiot, and we reguarly shared a few words which was funny, but he finally stopped going (I didn't mind him tbf, he new his stuff but was too harsh with his criticism). Other than that, I used to love it there. Good core of sound regulars who didn't moan.

I then moved to the RRE, and I have no idea why I still sit there. I would like to hit a good number of the tits in there. The young, chavvy lot giving it the big one make me laugh, then they start with their ridiculous opinions and that just irritates me.

Better view and if you move about a bit, the Main Stand is decent. Probably gonna move back there actually.