Ticket Prices - A suggestion

so, go on, how many do you think?

I'd day 100 is a bit generous. Better to be small-minded (nice touch that considering I'd started the thread with ideas about increasing gates) than pea-brained though isn't it?

You seem to be advocating the "splurge it all in 1 year" approach, which is erm, well, a bit Chris Moore?

You really, seriously think people will commit £1500 for a 5 year ticket? Or do you propose a discount for the 5 year ticket? To what £250 a year; £1250?

get a poll up if you like - ST Holders only - Would you buy a 5 year ticket upfront with no guarantees and with all the cash spent in year 1?

Yes-

No-

FC united are proposing that they sell shares in the club from £200 - £20,000 so they can build a new ground.

What are they going to get for their money ????????

And i bet they raise the amount they want.

I for one would buy a 3 or 5 year ticket and i know of at least 3 others who would.

If planned right it doesn't need to be as big a gamble as you make out.

Or what do we do , carry on struggling and hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FC united are proposing that they sell shares in the club from £200 - £20,000 so they can build a new ground.

What are they going to get for their money ????????

And i bet they raise the amount they want.

I for one would buy a 3 or 5 year ticket and i know of at least 3 others who would.

If planned right it doesn't need to be as big a gamble as you make out.

Or what do we do , carry on struggling and hope !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fair enough - what's the plan you think should be followed so it's not a big gamble?

As I said in my previous posts, if you want to go to matches then go, if not don't.

Not rocket science, is it?

Some of the suggestions made on this thread are totally impractical and unworkable from the clubs point of view.

Some people are at such great pains to justify why they don't go, they shouldn't feel the need to come on here to unburden themselves, if they don't want to go, simply don't go.

Aye but this is a discussion board mate so this point will be discussed. If ppl don't want to go for a number or reasons then they need to be highlighed so that the club can address them.

Fair enough - what's the plan you think should be followed so it's not a big gamble?

If its marketed right you can effectively get an extra cash injection at the start of the season .

Market and sell S/T offering 2, 3 , 4 and 5 year options with obvious discounts to attract buyers.

Say latics had 2400 S/T holders at £300 - £720k S/T budget, i am not sure how many we actually have.

At the start of next season -

2000 buy a 1 year ticket

100 each buy 2 , 3, 4 & 5 year tickets.This effectively gives you an extra 1000 sales for that season.

based on average £300 per S/T less discount then the initial impact would give Latics around £250,000 extra at start of season.

The following season there would be £120k less from S/T holders if the number stayed the same , however each season after that the deficit would reduce by £30k each year as people renew.

They could then keep rolling it over so the actual deficit is reduced by £60k instead of £30K or at worst after 5 years we are back where we started.

The initial impact of the cash could increase the player budget to help get some of the players PD will want next season , also because we will have freed up a lot of wages by getting rid of the Penny bargains !!!!!!!

The ultimate plan is to hope that the team attracts bigger crowds therefore offsetting completely the drop in S/T revenue in year 2.

All very much figures pulled from guestimates etc but the principle is the same and will hardly put the club in dire straits if it didn't work ?

Edited by losesome

If its marketed right you can effectively get an extra cash injection at the start of the season .

Market and sell S/T offering 2, 3 , 4 and 5 year options with obvious discounts to attract buyers.

Say latics had 2400 S/T holders at £300 - £720k S/T budget, i am not sure how many we actually have.

At the start of next season -

2000 buy a 1 year ticket

100 each buy 2 , 3, 4 & 5 year tickets.This effectively gives you an extra 1000 sales for that season.

based on average £300 per S/T less discount then the initial impact would give Latics around £250,000 extra at start of season.

The following season there would be £120k less from S/T holders if the number stayed the same , however each season after that the deficit would reduce by £30k each year as people renew.

They could then keep rolling it over so the actual deficit is reduced by £60k instead of £30K or at worst after 5 years we are back where we started.

The initial impact of the cash could increase the player budget to help get some of the players PD will want next season , also because we will have freed up a lot of wages by getting rid of the Penny bargains !!!!!!!

The ultimate plan is to hope that the team attracts bigger crowds therefore offsetting completely the drop in S/T revenue in year 2.

All very much figures pulled from guestimates etc but the principle is the same and will hardly put the club in dire straits if it didn't work ?

Based on your figures, the season 1 revenue is £1,020,000 - a £300k increase in revenue - we spend this on wages presumably? 2 "star quality" players

However season 2 is not a drop of £120k.

It's £120k below the £720k budget, assuming all of the 1 year STs renew. Compared to season 1 it's a drop of £420k, so we have to get the "star quality" players off the budget and lose another £120k off the budget too - that's our next best "star player". How will this season turn out?

It's a 1 year gamble, balanced against 4 subsequent years of reduced budgets.

Fair enough - you'd be totally right to be cheesed off if you bought an ST and a better discount came along though. The ST discount should always be the best offer out there, but a lot of ST holders, not including you, do resent any discounts or freebies given to the less committed fan.

I agree about under-10s, but the more attractive games should be all paying.

No, no, no, no. Why on earth do we try to get potential new fans in to experience their first taste of football against Northampton in late November instead of a game that they might actually enjoy? It's not like we run out of seats for the, "big," games.

Based on your figures, the season 1 revenue is £1,020,000 - a £300k increase in revenue - we spend this on wages presumably? 2 "star quality" players

However season 2 is not a drop of £120k.

It's £120k below the £720k budget, assuming all of the 1 year STs renew. Compared to season 1 it's a drop of £420k, so we have to get the "star quality" players off the budget and lose another £120k off the budget too - that's our next best "star player". How will this season turn out?

It's a 1 year gamble, balanced against 4 subsequent years of reduced budgets.

It would only be a £420k drop if the full total is used as budget.

Most would be used for one off transfer fees and wages paid with some of the extra , plus savings made on wages when we clear Pennys lot out at the end of the season will help to pay these signings.

All the ones that are left have contracts finishing then.

A gamble that if it pays off will see increase revenue from year 2 to offset that £120k lose.

Or if it worked and gates increased by 250 per game from year 1 that would offset any lose.

The big thing is if it didn't work it's not the end of the world and we will just have to cut our cloth accordingly but at least we gave it a go and would be no worse off.

Who's to say we wouldn't lose that amount is S/T sales anyway , after all we have lost quite a few this year ?

Speculate to accumalate !!!!!!!!!!!!

Or as i said do nowt and just wait for the knight in shining armour.

I know what i would rather do.

Edited by losesome

It would only be a £420k drop if the full total is used as budget.

Most would be used for one off transfer fees and wages paid with some of the extra , plus savings made on wages when we clear Pennys lot out at the end of the season will help to pay these signings.

All the ones that are left have contracts finishing then.

A gamble that if it pays off will see increase revenue from year 2 to offset that £120k lose.

Or if it worked and gates increased by 250 per game from year 1 that would offset any lose.

The big thing is if it didn't work it's not the end of the world and we will just have to cut our cloth accordingly but at least we gave it a go and would be no worse off.

Who's to say we wouldn't lose that amount is S/T sales anyway , after all we have lost quite a few this year ?

Speculate to accumalate !!!!!!!!!!!!

Or as i said do nowt and just wait for the knight in shining armour.

I know what i would rather do.

Got to be honest, it looks like a route to another 'celebration Sunday' to me.

Except this time the process might never reach that stage.