Dickov's contract

I know it's early days and I know there is uncertainty as to what happens to the club at the end of the season but I wonder if any steps have been taken to pin him and Taggart down on longer term deals?

Can only help the club in the long run I would have thought. I'd hate to see them both leave at the end of their contracts and we're catapulted back to last season's dross.

I know it's early days and I know there is uncertainty as to what happens to the club at the end of the season but I wonder if any steps have been taken to pin him and Taggart down on longer term deals?

Can only help the club in the long run I would have thought. I'd hate to see them both leave at the end of their contracts and we're catapulted back to last season's dross.

I'd hope not. We've played seven games. He's not proved himself yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but IIRC the manager is on a 1 year rolling contract, so it cant run out unless either side give (1 years) notice.

In effect, each day PD starts a new 1 year contract.

That is also as I ungerstand it.

Off the subject a bit. A few years ago I remember watching a TV program where they were discussing unemployment with audience interaction. On the stage was a pompous company director. A lady in the audience stated that the only work available was short term contracts which obviously didn't pay redundancy. The pompous t*** on the stage spouted out "Whats wrong with that, I've worked on contract most of my life" Of course he didn't let on that he was on a three year rolling contract, that guaranteed him 3 years pay whether he was good at his job or not. If he lost his job he would have got another one almost immediately, via the old boys network, getting paid for two jobs.

A rolling contract is basically one that isn't fixed. As it's one year then the minimum contract is one year from the date it was signed. Renewal doesn't take place until the anniversary.

I'll suspect that they'll be a break period by either party - normally anything between one and three months prior to end of the year (or even following anniversary of contract) - that allows them to give notice that service is no longer required/to be provided. If both parties are happy with the existing T&Cs or newly proposed T&Cs then the contract simply renews for a further 12 months.

As it was PD's first managerial appointment then it made sense to provide a rolling contract. That demonstrates the faith from the club that if PD meets his commitments then contract is instantly renewed. If he's struggling then the club then pays the remainder of the one-year contract from the date it was originally signed.

However, if PD's a success then he can walk away on the anniversary of the contract (subject to notice period) with no compensation to the club.

It's early days but if PD continues to succeed like he has then we need to extend the one-year rolling to a longer fixed-term contract or increase the term of the rolling contract. That safeguards us with a successful manager but compensation if he's approached by another club. We also need to pay him off if he fails in his second year though.

Catch 22 but something becoming more popular for lower league clubs.

I know its early days but with the start we've had and the amount of Preston fans that are currently unhappy at Fergie junior dont be surprised if they dont come sniffing around for Dickov and Taggart.

They will be looking at a cheaper management option and Dickov will fit into that catergory, Hemmings is keeping PNE afloat but has said he wont plough his millions into it, hence why a big earner like Neil Mellor is at Sheff Weds.

I think xmas time oldhm will look into dickov deal remember hes on trial by simon corney.

He hasnt won anyone over as yet early days mate.

Totally disagree this season is simply about building a team that can play football. What i have seen under Dickov is a big improvement than under Penny. But then the fact you are already talking about the play offs and your silly rumours shows how your the sort of fan with unrealstic expectations.

Edited by oafctom

Totally disagree this season is simply about building a team that can play football. What i have seen under Dickov is a big improvement than under Penny. But then the fact you are already talking about the play offs and your silly rumours shows hyour the sort of fan with unrealstic expectations.

+1

Totally disagree this season is simply about building a team that can play football. What i have seen under Dickov is a big improvement than under Penny. But then the fact you are already talking about the play offs and your silly rumours shows hyour the sort of fan with unrealstic expectations.

+1