Who cares about Lee Hughes?

Hughes  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about Lee Hughes anymore?

• Yes
    • Yes- But only when he's playing against us.
    • No
    • I care so little, i wont vote in this poll...

As always Mediawatch fine the sensible amongst the gibberish:

Boing Boing Smash Smash

Mediawatch has always been troubled by the idea of players being criticised for 'inciting the crowd,' Adebayor style.

The implication is that fans who react with fury at a perceived insult to their club have absolutely no choice but to go postal, the affront to their tribal pride giving them little alternative. Of course, one might hope that a collection of adults might react rather better to a silly little boy making a silly little taunt, but maybe we're just unrealistic optimists.

One such silly little boy is Lee Hughes, who after scoring for Notts County against Wolves on Tuesday, revealed a t-shirt with 'Boing Boing', of course referring to his West Brom past, to the baying Black Country mob. Silly, perhaps, but hardly Hughes's greatest crime.

So how did a section of the Molineux goons react? By letting off a 'yellow smoke bomb' in the ground, and pelting a coach containing 140 County supporters with bricks.

According to the Wolverhampton Express And Star, a '78-year-old Notts County fan had to receive hospital treatment after her face was gashed by broken glass', while the poor sods who own said coach faced 'repair costs...expected to run up to more than £20,000.'

And all because of a t-shirt.

Couple of smashed windows on a coach, already at least half the cost of our sponsors box being burnt, shows how bad our stadium is.

Hughesey is god to oafc we want him back so guys keep the comment on the right path you all fans were lee hughes lovers so get over it.

1) As everyone else has said, please just give it up. He's not coming back. Get over it.

2) Please stop using the term 'we'. You want him back, as do probably a few other Oldham fans. There are others who will say we Oldham fans do not want to see the sight of him again.

1) As everyone else has said, please just give it up. He's not coming back. Get over it.

2) Please stop using the term 'we'. You want him back, as do probably a few other Oldham fans. There are others who will say we Oldham fans do not want to see the sight of him again.

ok carl i bet you was a lover off him and its best if you locked this thread if you not happy about Lee Hughes sorry to say.

At the time I thought we should have kept him. I'm a bit old fashioned in thinking retaining your top goal scorer is pretty important. I'd even take Hughes back now, but it's not going to happen so you just have to let it go. It's a non starter.

Still missing King Pav though:

pawel_abbott_460x300.jpg

Come back....come back! :cry:

Edited by PlayItLivo

I cheered Hughes while at he was at Oldham just like I do everyone but he wasn't here because he loved fans and club he was here to get chance back in football. I imagine it quite split who would want him back and who wouldn't but I think most fans would rather somelse, after all he not the best Oldham have ever had and we will have better in future.

Let's forget about him now and move on, or we could just carry on looking back into past and call for return of our top goalscorer before Hughes, Porter.

ok carl i bet you was a lover off him and its best if you locked this thread if you not happy about Lee Hughes sorry to say.

All is I said was please do not imply that all Oldham fan's want him back as if it is a foregone conclusion. Some do, some don't.

I supported him whilst he was here, but he's gone now, and being paid alot more money than we can afford to pay him.

And the reason I don't want him back is that I would rather look forward to the future, than life off past glories and get into bring player x back, bring manager y back.

At the time I thought we should have kept him. I'm a bit old fashioned in thinking retaining your top goal scorer is pretty important. I'd even take Hughes back now, but it's not going to happen so you just have to let it go. It's a non starter.

Still missing King Pav though:

pawel_abbott_460x300.jpg

Come back....come back! :cry:

That was his face after reading all your loving posts about him.. :wink: