Experienced pair reject Gateshead

That deserves a :grin:

Personally I thought it was more likely to be a pair of fringe players that might have made some first team appearances, with Gateshead over elaborating the experienced bit

Though I would put quite a bit of money one of them being Deane Smalley. Look at it fromt he Gateshead Managers point of view, he wants their supporters to knwo he is trying and trying to blame the players for the knock back. Even though, he is in effect asking thme to drop down two grades of employment. I donlt knwo many that would do that when still employed somewhere.

Personally I thought it was more likely to be a pair of fringe players that might have made some first team appearances, with Gateshead over elaborating the experienced bit

Though I would put quite a bit of money one of them being Deane Smalley. Look at it fromt he Gateshead Managers point of view, he wants their supporters to knwo he is trying and trying to blame the players for the knock back. Even though, he is in effect asking thme to drop down two grades of employment. I donlt knwo many that would do that when still employed somewhere.

Not Smalley is it he's gone to Rochdale

it brought lewi back as a good player, even though he got injured at chester city was it?

maybe smalley needs a reality check

I think Shez destroyed Lewi, Penney wanted rid and Dickov has shown belief in his undoubted ability - we're finally seeing some application from Lewi. Smalley i'm not so sure he even believes he's playing poorly.

I think Shez destroyed Lewi, Penney wanted rid and Dickov has shown belief in his undoubted ability - we're finally seeing some application from Lewi. Smalley i'm not so sure he even believes he's playing poorly.

Heard from a friend of a friend Lewis suffered a "personality clash" with Martin Gray.

Some players respond better to a supportive and encouraging style of management.

I can see both arguements here. The standard in the conference has imporved greatly over the years and i think sending younger players on loan there is a good move. There is very little standard in the reserves which hampers players development.

At the same time the conference is split into two, full time teams and part time teams. Truth is baring some miricle Gateshead will always be one the smaller teams who are struggling proberly why players have said no.

Also if the two players are Worthington and Lomax. Worthington is a few olders and had a few more clubs than Lomax so he probery thinks he can get into a league one side or league two team.

For Lomax its different, apart from his loan spell at Dale he has only ever played at Latics. Lets not forget he was very lucky to be resigned by Shez due to injuries, however he has seen what has happened to Matty Barlow, Carlos Roca, Chris Rowney, players who have gone into Non League and never made it back into the football league.

Hence why he stay in the reserves keep his hopes alive.

Edited by oafctom

I can see both arguements here. The standard in the conference has imporved greatly over the years and i think sending younger players on loan there is a good move. There is very little standard in the reserves which hampers players development.

At the same time the conference is split into two, full time teams and part time teams. Truth is baring some miricle Gateshead will always be one the smaller teams who are struggling proberly why players have said no.

Also if the two players are Worthington and Lomax. Worthington is a few olders and had a few more clubs than Lomax so he porbery thinks he can get into a league one side or league two team.

For Lomax its different, apart from his loan spell at Dale he has only ever played at Latics. Lets not forget he was very lucky to be resigned by Shez due to injuries, however he has seen what has happened to Matty Barlow, Carlos Roca, Chris Rowney, players who have gone into Non League and never made it back into the football league.

Hence why he stay in the reserves keep his hopes alive.

Yeah, but no matter what they'll be signing on come June 1st unless by some miracle they get an offer from the FL.

Heard from a friend of a friend Lewis suffered a "personality clash" with Martin Gray.

Some players respond better to a supportive and encouraging style of management.

There is a steward at Latics who told me he taught Lewi, said he was a talented player and Lewi knew that and at times use to sulk if he was told off or didnt like being told what to do and had this am better than everyone attitude.

But then i suppose if you are a good footballer and know your going to get into a school of excellence proberly explains why.

Agreed Prozac to be honest i have never liked Worthington myself, as for Lomax against Barrow and Falkirk he looked alright like he had a point to prove.

Edited by oafctom