Latics Arson Arrests Made

A community service order that forces them to spend several months of their lives tarting up what remains of BP would seem like a good idea (assuming they're convicted).

Then line them up against a wall and blast their brains out.

Vote o4u for Justice!

Bet it doesn't even get to court, too much like hard work filling the relevant paperwork out...

Plus we need Kieran Lee and Taylor in the team on Saturday.

I have made this joke before and will keep on doing so until the evidence is released that it wasn't these two. All this nonsense about Taylor making a bet with Furman to shave his head if Furman scored is utter, utter nonsense. Taylor clearly needed to change his appearance quickly and short of putting a pair of glasses on with a moustache and cigar altering his hair was the easiest thing to do. As for Lee, becoming an effective attacking right back has proven to be a more than adequate disguise.

Free the Furtherwood Rd 2!!!

You cynical old git Prozac :grin:.

I'm sure GMP's "finest" are doing all that they can...

The fact they've already been bailed and not charged despite overwhelming evidence does not auger well. Corner Flag suite given the go ahead for a refurb, slap on the wrist (a caution and cessation of swan vesta rations I reckon) we get new facilities everybody's happy 'a bonnet de duche...'

Perhaps they should be recruited to carry the half-time boards announcing the 'strike-it-lucky' winners - led round the pitch (ball & chain attached?) by Alan Hardy - didn't he promise to do something if ever he got his hands on them? :ranting:

I'd bet that would be a more effective deterrent to anything our (in)justice system will deliver - and a suitable message to any would-be offenders to boot!

Less of the old :wink:

They could just have been bailed for CPS advice as the police don't make the decision whether to charge. That decision can sometimes take a number of weeks.

Their ages and what they did in the police station may have some impact on the decision, if they are under 16, had no previous and admitted it straight up in interview there may be a chance they get away with a caution, but the court treat offences of arson very seriously and given the value of damage caused I'd be surprised if they only received a 'slap on the wrists'.

Perhaps they should be recruited to carry the half-time boards announcing the 'strike-it-lucky' winners - led round the pitch (ball & chain attached?) by Alan Hardy - didn't he promise to do something if ever he got his hands on them? :ranting:

I'd bet that would be a more effective deterrent to anything our (in)justice system will deliver - and a suitable message to any would-be offenders to boot!

Make the buggers buy a season ticket and suffer it like the rest of us....that's a nine month sentence - which is more than a magistrate would dish out...

They could just have been bailed for CPS advice as the police don't make the decision whether to charge. That decision can sometimes take a number of weeks.

Their ages and what they did in the police station may have some impact on the decision, if they are under 16, had no previous and admitted it straight up in interview there may be a chance they get away with a caution, but the court treat offences of arson very seriously and given the value of damage caused I'd be surprised if they only received a 'slap on the wrists'.

Can't you defend them? Make a right John Halls of it, and they throw the key away... (Oh you do that every day!!!! :wink:)

Good post mate, although never let the facts get in the way of a good rant. We also don't know what the evidence is. Pictures of them walking up to the ground and then scaling the fence aren't enough to prove they did it "beyond reasonable doubt". They obviously did do it, but nobody actually saw them start the fire. If the prosecutions case is simply "well it's obvious your worships" I doubt it'll go much further...

Can't you defend them? Make a right John Halls of it, and they throw the key away... (Oh you do that every day!!!! :wink:)

You wouldn't want me to represent them, I'd get them off!! If charged of course!

If it gets to court I'd be surprised if Magistrates accepted jurisdiction given their limited sentencing powers (they can only give a maximum of 6 months) and given the value of the damage they may see their powers as insufficient.

It will be interesting to see where this goes - obviously I'm making these comments without having a clue what the evidence is, what they said / didn't say in the police station etc so it's all just speculation for now.

Arson has to go to crown court.

Criminal damage it is then.

(or is there a different "Youth Court" for dealing with younger scrotes?)

Not necessarily, it's an either way offence which means it can be heard in the Mags or Crown, depends on the individual circumstances of the case as to whether the magistrates feel their sentencing powers would be sufficient in the event of a conviction.

Arson is 'criminal damage by fire' so it shouldn't be charged as anything else, if charged at all.

Depending on how old they are,it could end up in the youth court but even from there it could end up in the Crown Court for sentence (but don't ask me about how it gets there because I don't do youth court work!)