Rafael Van Der Vaart

Does anyone else think Spurs have got an absolute bargain with this lad?

Hell yes. Mr Ferguson must be cursing the fact he passed on him, especially with the lack of creativity united are displaying. However he won't make the same mistake with sneijder methinks.

VdV looks class though. Have a feeling he won't be at spurs for long though...

Hell yes. Mr Ferguson must be cursing the fact he passed on him, especially with the lack of creativity united are displaying. However he won't make the same mistake with sneijder methinks.

VdV looks class though. Have a feeling he won't be at spurs for long though...

Can they afford Sneijder? I bloody well hope not! Rumour on the telly last week was that he might be going back to Madrid to link up with Mourinho again.

Fergie's losing the plot, he's going to the road of signing kids like Wenger rather than established players and that's why Chelsea are gonna díck the league. He must have something against signing Real Madrid cast offs because VDV is the 3rd in 3 seasons which United could have had dirt cheap and would have made a difference to their team. The first was Robben, why they didn't negotiate him as part of the Ronaldo deal is mind boggling, they needed a world class replacement and Real had one. He went to Bayern for £20mil and has become one of the best players in the Bundesliga and add to that an awesome world cup, class player who'd go for about £35mil now. Then there's Sneijder, if Fergie wanted a long term Scholes replacement, he was it and again he was cast off by Real Madrid, dirt cheap £13mil, Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal could have taken him and had themselves a bargain, after the season he had last year and the world cup he had his valuation has rocketed to £30mil, Man Utd/Liverpool/Arsenal can't afford that now. Now there's VDV, £8mil was it? Looks a very shrewd buy by Harry. Man Utd simply don't have the world class players to break down the lesser teams any more, Giggs and Scholes are old. Nani, might turn out alright but he's very hit and miss. Anderson, hypejob. Owen, past it. I don't know how you go from the likes of prime Beckham Keane Scholes Giggs to the likes of Fletcher, Anderson, Nani and old Giggs and old Scholes.

Then there's Wenger who refuses to buy a World Class keeper when everyone knows they need one. He needs to get rid of RVP, a very good player, in the 3 games a season he plays. Liverpool are just a mess.

Chelsea's title this year, no worries.

Van der Vaart is immense - I remember a BBC Sport report on him last year referring to how many times he was making the difference for Real in games. Just not a big enough name for them though; surprised at that given Mourinho's penchant for putting the team first.

Top player - I've lusted after his signature ever since he appeared on Champo as an 18 year old with amazing stats, but Ajax wouldn't sell him for any price. Seems like a bit of a dude too - I like how he binned off the pressure and went to Germany to chill out and enjoy life.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...