PUTTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is a bit ?

at present were seeing roughly 50 fans turning there backs on previous reslut and home game...so i would presume a bit of an upturn would be to see these fans return each week,with numbers increasing until the end of the season were we might just get back to the same attendance as beginning of last season...

but then in realistic terms we will only see an increase in numbers if we are seen to be challenging for a playoff spot,and where not going to be doing that unless we get 3 decent players in one of which is a goal scorer,and that wont happen because our attendances are falling and the hierachy is unwilling to speculate to accumalte.

so your back to square one with the chicken and egg scenario.

on another note,these free tickets for kids being sent to schools.....is it schools in the oldham borough,or schools in surrounding areas as well???

So that is a average of 5,000 ?

Combined with some players leaving, I reckon that will see us right. It would mean 2,800 ish paying on the day (given that there are around 2,200 season tickets). Obviously, if they're all kids paying £3 it would need more but as long as the majority are paying the £20...

The land was bought back in 2004 by the current owners (Brassbank). Edhunteruk's post was suggesting that it had been sold again.

Fair enough, but I also thought some the land had been sold off...

So we finally resolved that Brassbank DID buy the ground... Start of the season there seemed to be huge confusion over this issue...

Please explain this bit.

the land upon which our once decent stadium is sat upon has been sold already to housing developers,hence why the building work has begun on what used to be the carpark n clayton arms....if demand is there for the houses then whoever has bought the remaining sections of land will want to get things underway and commence building,but that cant happen while our club is still presently playing there.

which kinda means the failsworth project has to be taken by the scruff of its neck,and thrusted well and truly into the present and immediate now,get on with the bloody thing and stop dragging heels,because the longer it takes to build and move,the more fans wont be there to see it.

the land upon which our once decent stadium is sat upon has been sold already to housing developers,hence why the building work has begun on what used to be the carpark n clayton arms....if demand is there for the houses then whoever has bought the remaining sections of land will want to get things underway and commence building,but that cant happen while our club is still presently playing there.

A very small section behind the Chaddy is being developed and that is in partnership between Brassbank and a developer. The rest of the site is still owned by Brassbank.

No problem. There is nothing that I'm saying here that I wouldn't have known if I wasn't a director though. It has all been made public over the years.

facepalm.jpg

The amount of confusion on the smallest matters makes me cry hearing that to be frank.. but hey ho.. moving on...

facepalm.jpg

The amount of confusion on the smallest matters makes me cry hearing that to be frank.. but hey ho.. moving on...

There is only confusion because people don't listen to or read what they are told. Rumours grow wings and before you know it, are accepted as fact. The truth is out there.

Another mystery is what happened to centre back Julian Cherel, who many consider to be the best Latics trialist in many a long year and the probably the answer to the teams failing at set pieces.

Can't help you with that one. I heard he had been abducted. Or maybe that was a rumour...

There is only confusion because people don't listen to or read what they are told. Rumours grow wings and before you know it, are accepted as fact. The truth is out there.

No there is confusion because the same thing, which usually only require one correct answers, usually either gets ignored or has multiple different answers on a hourly basis.... The joys of internet forums...

Some of us don't have a seat at the round table :) Only way we get the inside view is via this place... Which leads to people getting the wrong end of the stick ultimately...

I think in the past some of Barrys posts have confused people. But its not all Barrys fault. There is very little joined up commenting at times, and at other times, questions go unanswered or get a reserved response... Sometimes understandably, other times less so...

Edited by oafc0000

in which case then why has the scoreboard never been replaced??? another income generator not being used.

in which case then why has the scoreboard never been replaced??? another income generator not being used.

I'm not sure how that relates to confusion?

Anyway, here is the story, which was on our official site, confirming that the building of the houses behind the Chaddy is a joint venture with a local developer:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1798602,00.html

I'm not sure how that relates to confusion?

Anyway, here is the story, which was on our official site, confirming that the building of the houses behind the Chaddy is a joint venture with a local developer:

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1798602,00.html

whats that go to do with the scoreboard???