PUTTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very important point which everyone has missed

it's not that simple, the land as I understand it is not being sold at the moment, just given to the house builder bit by bit (in effect Blitz/Brassbank etc.. are funding and building the houses themselves) The houses are being built bit by bit with everything pretty much hingeing on the sale of the completed plots to fund everything else/Blitz's profits/recouped losses.

Thanks Real. You learn as the days go by. I was particularly tired last night when composing the post and should have checked it better. Anyway I am sure that the message got across. From my point of view I never try and belittle anyone regarding grammar etc. I think it is rude and many a time those correcting you need to look at what they have posted themselves.

Times are such that everyone needs to work together.

B

Barry,

I don't always agree with some of your posts but, on this occasion, I thought you were spot on. I don't agree that "those at the top" have simply given up and i'm sure you're all doing your absolute best to put things right. It must be a thankless task, especially when your read some of the utter negative crap spouted on here. I was on here late on last night when you started this thread and, if i'm honest, I don't give a fig about your spelling / grammar / eyesight, I have absolutely no doubt that you're giving it your all. A big thank you from me for caring so much about my club, even if i'm in the minority...

Barry,

I don't always agree with some of your posts but, on this occasion, I thought you were spot on. I don't agree that "those at the top" have simply given up and i'm sure you're all doing your absolute best to put things right. It must be a thankless task, especially when your read some of the utter negative crap spouted on here. I was on here late on last night when you started this thread and, if i'm honest, I don't give a fig about your spelling / grammar / eyesight, I have absolutely no doubt that you're giving it your all. A big thank you from me for caring so much about my club, even if i'm in the minority...

It is alot easier to care about the club when you are earning ££££ to do so!!!

it's not that simple, the land as I understand it is not being sold at the moment, just given to the house builder bit by bit (in effect Blitz/Brassbank etc.. are funding and building the houses themselves) The houses are being built bit by bit with everything pretty much hingeing on the sale of the completed plots to fund everything else/Blitz's profits/recouped losses.

So the land currently being built on behind the back of the chaddy still belongs to brass bank and they will only sell off once complete ok

But what I'm driving at is what if Failsworth falls through the houses will be sold off and the profits going to brassbank where will that leave us?

So the land currently being built on behind the back of the chaddy still belongs to brass bank and they will only sell off once complete ok

But what I'm driving at is what if Failsworth falls through the houses will be sold off and the profits going to brassbank where will that leave us?

Spotland :unsure:

Am I right in thinking NYB is Blitz? If so, why was he on? Hasn't he severred all ties with the club?

No. Just distanced himself from any future financial hits I'd say. Further it may have been a slip but Barry did refer to the ' owner's '

Let me clarify.

The plans for the new ground are still proceeding. It is all part of a difficult jigsaw. Simon B is still the owner and main shareholder. He has resigned his post and no longer finances the club. No individual,unless you are at Man City or Chelsea can sustain huge losses week in and week out. The football world has many owners who do not take an active part in their clubs nor finance them regularly.

New investment would see a transfer of shareholding in the club. New investors may wish to increase that investment by purchasing all other assets. With land values down and clubs losing money, it is not easy to find people who want to invest so far into the future and until things inprove.

The new facilities will hopefully wet the appetite of investors who want a piece of the action leading up to the developmernt and thereafter. A brand new complex operational on 7 days a week with surrounding outlets is a better proposition than a crumbling Boundary Park.

The owners will not shout about the money and efforts they have put into the club so you will perhaps have to take my word for it. They have gone far beyond what I might have expected,given the losses of the club these past few years.

They will not thank me foir saying it, but at times they have made finance available to the detriment of there own personal circumstances. Perhaps it is out of ignorance that they are criticised at times and I do acknowedge that people are not as aware of the circumstances as I am.

This club would have gone under long ago without their efforts. Like them or not they have stuck it out and I will not have anything said bad about them. As I have said, they will admit to mistakes as I will, but even as business men they have had the best interests of our club at heart. In the long term I might have to eat my words but I know they want to leave Oldham with a decent club that we can all be proud of.

Barry

Let me clarify.

The plans for the new ground are still proceeding. It is all part of a difficult jigsaw. Simon B is still the owner and main shareholder. He has resigned his post and no longer finances the club. No individual,unless you are at Man City or Chelsea can sustain huge losses week in and week out. The football world has many owners who do not take an active part in their clubs nor finance them regularly.

So where are we up to with Failsworth Barry? Cos to be honest, if it goes on much longer, there's gonna be nobody left to jump on the metrolink down there!

Average home attendances since Chris Moore took over

2001/2002: 5794

2002/2003: 6660

2003/2004: 6566

2004/2005: 6474

2005/2006: 5810

2006/2007: 6334

2007/2008: 5326

2008/2009: 5647

2009/2010: 4630

2010/2011: so far, 4195

This season Boundary Park has hosted Notts County, Yeovil, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, Bournemouth and Leyton Orient. Everybody calm down. We've got some tasty local fixtures to come, which should put that average up, including Rochdale, Wednesday, Huddersfield and Southampton.

I'll bet anyone £1 that average attendance in league games this season is more than 5,000. First come, first served.

This season Boundary Park has hosted Notts County, Yeovil, Shrewsbury, Bristol Rovers, Bournemouth and Leyton Orient. Everybody calm down. We've got some tasty local fixtures to come, which should put that average up, including Rochdale, Wednesday, Huddersfield and Southampton.

I'll bet anyone £1 that average attendance in league games this season is more than 5,000. First come, first served.

I'll have a piece of that. Deal!!

Edited by laticsmad

Spotland

Let me clarify.

New investment would see a transfer of shareholding in the club. New investors may wish to increase that investment by purchasing all other assets. With land values down and clubs losing money, it is not easy to find people who want to invest so far into the future and until things inprove.

The new facilities will hopefully wet the appetite of investors who want a piece of the action leading up to the developmernt and thereafter. A brand new complex operational on 7 days a week with surrounding outlets is a better proposition than a crumbling Boundary Park.

The owners will not shout about the money and efforts they have put into the club so you will perhaps have to take my word for it. They have gone far beyond what I might have expected,given the losses of the club these past few years.

They will not thank me foir saying it, but at times they have made finance available to the detriment of there own personal circumstances. Perhaps it is out of ignorance that they are criticised at times and I do acknowedge that people are not as aware of the circumstances as I am.

This club would have gone under long ago without their efforts. Like them or not they have stuck it out and I will not have anything said bad about them. As I have said, they will admit to mistakes as I will, but even as business men they have had the best interests of our club at heart. In the long term I might have to eat my words but I know they want to leave Oldham with a decent club that we can all be proud of.

Barry

I must admit that I am only an occasional visitor to OWTB nowadays due to a variety of reasons, but I have read this post throughout and find some of the comments from fellow Latics' fans amusing to say the least!

Personally speaking, I was born & bred in Oldham and lived there for the first 22 years of my life. I moved to Farnworth nr Bolton and have been here for the last 16 years. However, I have continued to hold a season ticket at BP as well as attending as many of the league games as I possibly could.

I recall the day TTA took over and gave their grand speech about their hopes for the club. I also recall that they openly stated that they were NOT in this for the long haul. Their aims being to get the club self sufficient, stabilised and promoted back to the Championship at the very least. Admittedly there plans have not come to fruition, but had they done so in the time they had hoped for, I very much doubt that ANY of the 3 would still be here. The fact 2 have now resigned is irrelevant, in my opinion.

We still have Simon Corney in the driving seat and I honestly believe that he would NOT have expected to still be here. That's not the actions of someone who couldn't give a stuff about the club. First & foremost, Simon Corney is a businessman. If he makes a profit from the eventual sale of Latics then good luck to him and his two cohorts. Secondly he, along with the other amigos, spent considerable sums of their own money. This has been reported in the press and in terms of actual figures, it is irrelevant to the man in the street - I mean if they have put £1m in each should we castigate them for not putting £1.5m or £2m etc into the club!!! Also, its not like anyone else is queuing up to put this money in. And without it we would probably be a distant memory now and playing football in the non-league under another name.

I would love Latics to stay at a fully redeveloped BP (even a ground where the pitch may be moved through 90 degrees) but this is clearly not possible. Therefore, moving to a brand new stadium appears to be the only way forward. Ideally it would be great if it could be built within the Borough of Oldham instead of moving to Failsworth. However, if the legacy left behind by Corney, Blitz and Gazal is a brand new ground and long term prosperity then this surely has to be the way forward for fans, players, management, staff and directors alike.

It won't be long before Premier Greed and Football League clubs start going bust with NO chance of recovery. I personally remain confident we won't be included in this sad indictment of football nowadays.

No, you didn't. There is a massive difference between cashflow (a need for working capital) and profit & loss. The club needs to find £220,000 this month because there are bills to pay. It doesn't mean they have lost £220,000 (although we know that the club does make losses, which the now departed Mr Blitz has been funding for years). Maybe it's the VAT qurter. Certainly, the players need paying. Then there is the PAYE...

If this is an average month, then this equates to £2,640,000 a year.

23 home games plus (on average) 2 home cup games = 25 games a year.

2,640,000 divided by 25 = 105,600

105,600 divided by 4000 (average home gate) = 26.40

So if every fan paid £26.40 a ticket we'd break even?

:huh:

With half the fans paying either £13 or £2 a ticket (give or take a few pennies) a game via their season tickets, there's a long way to go to get things up to £26.40 a ticket.

Perhaps Latics should try doubling the price of season tickets to £600+ and see see how successful they are at selling them ;) .

With half the fans paying either £13 or £2 a ticket (give or take a few pennies) a game via their season tickets, there's a long way to go to get things up to £26.40 a ticket.

Perhaps Latics should try doubling the price of season tickets to £600+ and see see how successful they are at selling them ;) .

Maybe we should get in free, but pay an amount on the way out - depending on the size of the crowd!

That's £26.40 mate!

:wink:

or a bit less plus the sale of the odd Tom Eaves or two here and there?